[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Brees

FishFreak

Brees has thrown for 4,400+ yards the last 2 years with an average of 27 passing tds. With the addition of Shockey, I can see him surpass 4,500 yds and flirt with 30 tds.

I didn't check the numbers...I just posted what I thought he can easily touch...

Brees never threw for 30 td's so maybe you want to tone that down a bit.

It's not about what he hasn't done it's all about what he could easily do this year. The guy tossed 28 TD and 4400 yards last year without having a solid no. 2 WR and getting off to a really slow start. He could easily breakout in the TD department and get 5-10 more. Shockey can really help spread the field and Meachum is a burner the Saints are counting on to contribute this year. With the field spread out and a lot of options to cover, don't be surprised if Bush rips off a few more long plays as well in the passing game. After the insane passing totals put up last year, Brady, Roth and Romo are likely to come down a bit. Manning is as consistent as they come but I feel like Brees brings upside this year and the stars are aligned to delight his owners. I'll make sure I'm a proud Brees owner.

I didn't check the numbers...I just posted what I thought he can easily touch...

You posted what you thought he could easily touch but then after that wrote... "anything more than that would be a gift." I was refering more to that part as he's already surpassed those numbers the last 2 years so 4,000 and 28 tds would actually be a slight disappointment as I expect about 300-500 more yards and maybe even a couple more tds.

I like Thomas a lot if Deuce goes down..

I agree.

You posted what you thought he could easily touch but then after that wrote... "anything more than that would be a gift." I was refering more to that part as he's already surpassed those numbers the last 2 years so 4,000 and 28 tds would actually be a slight disappointment as I expect about 300-500 more yards and maybe even a couple more tds.

I agree.

yeah and anything more than that was a gift....

Umm...

yeah and anything more than that was a gift....

He said that because anything more than 28 TDs is pretty much a gift for anyone save possibly Manning. He's the only QB of late who's surpassed that number so regularly that you'd expect it. So, let's not argue semantics. I think he'll go over 30 and now hope he does as he fell to me in my draft. I was among those guys who were planning on grabbing McNabb late but didn't see the value at other positions to pass up Brees. So now I hope he does go over 30 as well. None the less, if he ends up with 28, it won't be a disappointment. Thus, anything more is a gift.

Umm...

He said that because anything more than 28 TDs is pretty much a gift for anyone save possibly Manning. He's the only QB of late who's surpassed that number so regularly that you'd expect it. So, let's not argue semantics. I think he'll go over 30 and now hope he does as he fell to me in my draft. I was among those guys who were planning on grabbing McNabb late but didn't see the value at other positions to pass up Brees. So now I hope he does go over 30 as well. None the less, if he ends up with 28, it won't be a disappointment. Thus, anything more is a gift.

:wacko::D

I have it like this

Tier One

1 Peyton Manning IND 4

2 Tom Brady NEP 4

3 Drew Brees NOS 9

4 Donovan McNabb PHI 7

5 Tony Romo DAL 10

Tier Two

6 Carson Palmer CIN 8

7 Derek Anderson CLE 5

8 Ben Roethlisberger PIT 6

9 Brett Favre GB 8

10 Matt Hasselbeck SEA 4

Good list. I think the three could very well be in any order thouogh. I do think Breese is in for a monster year if he can get the time to pick his target. Bush has done well pass catching this pre-season as well. If Deuce is back in some kind of his 2006 form, forgetaboutit.

It's not about what he hasn't done it's all about what he could easily do this year. The guy tossed 28 TD and 4400 yards last year without having a solid no. 2 WR and getting off to a really slow start. He could easily breakout in the TD department and get 5-10 more. Shockey can really help spread the field and Meachum is a burner the Saints are counting on to contribute this year. With the field spread out and a lot of options to cover, don't be surprised if Bush rips off a few more long plays as well in the passing game. After the insane passing totals put up last year, Brady, Roth and Romo are likely to come down a bit. Manning is as consistent as they come but I feel like Brees brings upside this year and the stars are aligned to delight his owners. I'll make sure I'm a proud Brees owner.

Then be prepared to take him in the 2nd-3rd round as I havn't seen him last too long in my drafts