[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Attack of the Two-Headed Fantasy Quarterback

peteteacher2001

I dont think i have ever taken a QB before the 8th round...So in the past i have had QB's like Tom Brady (2000-2006), Hasslebeck and McNabb , and Romo last year. I've always done well with this approach, the only problem is, is that you actually have to make decisions in starting the right QB each week, and having to deal when you start a turkey, while your bench QB lights it up. But like the article says your depth in the other posions will help you out.

In a twelve team league you are still going to get a QB that will throw 20 or so TD's, just dont wait to pick up your first QB when veryone else is getting their second.

In a twelve team league you are still going to get a QB that will throw 20 or so TD's, just dont wait to pick up your first QB when veryone else is getting their second.

This is the toughest part to judge. If you are on one end of the draft and assuming your fellow leaguemates are paying attention this can really backfire. I have used this strategy many times and it all comes down to guessing correctly at the draft and in your lineups every week. Also keep in mind the waiver wire as I picked up Derek Andersen in two leagues and rode him to the title in one.

This is the toughest part to judge. If you are on one end of the draft and assuming your fellow leaguemates are paying attention this can really backfire. I have used this strategy many times and it all comes down to guessing correctly at the draft and in your lineups every week.

Good point.

You'd think also that you'd have a 50-50 chance of picking the right one each week but you don't. It's actually more like 80-20 that I don't. :wacko:

It sure is hard to pass on Mannning and his "guaranteed" 30 TD's or Brady coming off his 50-burger in a 6pt passing TD league. Title's were won in my league the last few years with these QB's, so it is hard to argue this theory in spite of the 6 pt TD scoring.

07 - Brees

06 - Romo

05 - Favre

04 - Delhomme

03 - Maddox (what?)

I really really agree with this. I am going to take this approach at all of my drafts this year to see how it works out.

Any other huddlers employ this draft strategy? What results have you seen?

This approach really makes sense in my league which uses an auction with salaries. If I draft Manning, I am looking at roddy white as my top WR as opposed to Owens or REggie Wayne plus a guy like Santonio Holmes as a 2nd WR. I can get both of them plus Roddy as my WRs if I utilize this system. I crunched the numbers and on the average (based on The Huddle predictions for players) I consistently come out 50-80 points better using the 2 headed QB monster.

You figure the points you get from Peyton Manning (assuming his lifetime averages) plus the caliber of backup you will get for his bye-week and then look at the difference with the 2 headed monster, Peyton will give you 30-50 points more on the average. On the other side though, the better WR group will return 80 points better on the average. So you are 30-50 points better off using the 2 headed monster.

Of course, you stil have to get it right with the players you select, get lucky with injuries etc. but you need that anyway.

2 from Hasselbeck, Bulger, Delhomme, Schaub and Garrard should get the job done with Hasselbeck and Bulger as my 1a pick (they will be more expensive based on name value) and 1 of Dehlhomme, Schaub or Garrard as 1b.

I really really agree with this. I am going to take this approach at all of my drafts this year to see how it works out.

Any other huddlers employ this draft strategy? What results have you seen?

Good and bad, but I've mostly been doing it for the last 10 years on my own volition, without anyone writing about it.. :wacko:

Good and bad, but I've mostly been doing it for the last 10 years on my own volition, without anyone writing about it.. :wacko:

I had palmer last year...then end of the year picked up warner and rode him to the superbowl. It is a sound strategy to have.