[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deangelo Williams

Big Ernie McCracken

This is how you can tell the writer has never watched a Panthers game. If he did, he would know that Williams got mostly garbage time carries.

I thought we already discussed this and determined his carries were not mostly garbage time carries.....go back and scroll threw the other thread to fix your derangement.

I thought we already discussed this and determined his carries were not mostly garbage time carries.....go back and scroll threw the other thread to fix your derangement.

I thought DMD schooled everyone on this? Oh wait...

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2547329

Yes, where was I? Apparently...nowhere you were....because I would never make such a rediculous statement. DW's carries came when they came...all throughout the games in most games...to say he only got the left over carries is really ignorant. I remember seeing him break off a number of big runs early in games...only to have Fox hide him on the bench for some unkown reason...again...post a link.

Here is the breakdown and looking at Q4 in games where he had 10+ carries. In 9 games with less than 10 carries, he only once had more than 3.8 YPC.

1 @STL 15-62 (4.1) - 11 carries Q4 for 55 yards. Wierd game - 6 carries > 10 yds and 9 carries <2 yards (CAR win 27-13)

2 HOU 8-31 (3.8)

3 @ATL 11-47 (4.3) - 5 carries Q4 for 10 yards (CAR wins 27-20)

4 TB 2-5 (2.5)

5 @NO 7-23 (3.3)

6 @ARI 10-121 (12.1) - 4 carries Q4 for 92 yards. Ended game with runs of 75 and 13 over final 3 plays. (CAR wins 25-10)

8 IND 5-14 (2.8)

9 @TEN 4-15 (3.8)

10 ATL 7-27 (3.8)

11 @GB 6-22 (3.7)

12 NO 4-19 (4.8)

13 SF 17-82 (4.8) - 11 carries Q4 for 56 yards

14 @JAC 3-7 (2.3)

15 SEA 15-61 (4.1) - 5 carries for 40 in Q4 (CAR wins 13-10

16 DAL 10-60 (6.0) - Only 2 carries Q4 for 4 yards (CAR loses 13-20)

17 @TB 20-121 (6.1) - 10 carries Q4 for 78 yards (CAR wins 31-23)

So yes, for the most part you can say that he had more Q4 runs than in any other quarter. In fact in most games he didn't carry until Q2.

It is notable too that he had 2 big games of 121 yards each and of those 30 carries for 242 combined yards, he had 14 carries for 170 yards during Q4. The totals from the first three quarters in those two games was 16 carries for 72 yards or 36 yards per game until Q4.

So yeah, most of his stuff happened in Q4. About the only exception was the 39 yard run he had in Dallas in Q2 but that was a loss and he was barely used at all in Q4 when the team was trying to win. Pointing at his 4.9 YPC is misleading. Consider that in the nine games where he had less than 10 carries (AKA most games), he only had 46 carries for 163 yards for a YPC of 3.5. His YPC was definitely propped up by what he did in two uncharacteristic games where he had one big run in Q4 of games already decided.

No wonder the Panthers went after an every down power back that cost them... oh never mind... full circle I guess...

/end

This kind of garbage really makes me want to read a post.

Stop the flame throwing and comment on the post fellas.................please.

This thread has no info contributed now aside of the initial post. What a waste of time

So... comment on teh post...

Even considering Shiz's post...

Garbage time... doesn't that mean that one team is so far ahead that you're trying to run out the clock -or- that you're so far behind that you just don't care anymore?

Either way, doesn't the other team figure out your thinking and stack the box? If that's the case, then (yes, the defense is probably worn down some) he's putting up good numbers when the other team knows what he's essentially going to do?

I would like to see DeAngelo Williams get his 20+ carries this season, unless the Panthers just don't want him as a Stephen Davis.

Not only are defenses worn down, but if their team is winning, they won't care how many yards Williams gets. But us fantasy players and Williams do.

Yes, much of D-Will's carries did come in the 4thQ, but the key point that someone thought they were making, was "garbage time carries because the Panthers were being manhandled".

In the games that 'qualify', I see the Cats record in those games as 5-1, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but I think they beat the 9ers as well. This doesn't exactly back that point up, at all.

Seams to me that Fox would have been smart to do this same analysis and see that when D-Will got the ball last year, the team was sucessful. As a Will owner last year, I for one was sick watching the few games I got too, knowing that D-Will was a much better back than Foster has ever been in his career, but Fox was too stuborn to playnhim, having loyalty (why? I don't know) to the vets.

I'll go on record as saying the situation will define RBBC this year, with D-Will being far more sucessful than most think, and making them both viertually useless this year. If one gets 65% of the carries, I'd be surprised.

D-Will = great value as far as points per draft spot.

:wacko:

I assume you're referring to "garbage time"?

is that really true that the losing team doesn't care? Doesn't pride and job security come into play for most of those on defense?

I'm not sure that "garbage time" has any sort of validity for regular season games.

It does when the defenses are giving up short yards for deep plays in that "bend but don't break" style. Atlanta plays this way often. Many teams play this way against Manning. They'd rather have him dump it off than throw a 45 yr TD to Wayne.

I thought the Favre thread was interesting and was shocked at how willing the average schlub is to side with management :thinking

So I'm an average schlub... That's a lot better than what I've been called on here many times before... Your fishing attempts don't really work on me, you're not Sgt. Ryan.

Overall, I give you attempt a 2/10. You scored two points because you actually went back to the Favre thread to find my posts.

And as far as the original post goes... I'll believe DeAngelo Williams when I see it in September.

So... comment on teh post...

too shay !

onto the news, as Brentastic eluded to in his post concerning the DWill vs Stewart competition. I too have felt that DWill would have to be dethroned in order to give way to Stewart. It appears too many in the FF world had written him off and handed the job to Stewart. I'm glad I had targeted him as a RB4 , he has great upside if Fox is willing to stand by him for the first 4-6 weeks. After that point, I don't think there is any way of stopping Stewart from significantly cutting into his time.