[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LeagueSafe

Delicious_bass

hey bass, how did this work out for you?

Sorry for neglecting to report on this site sooner. We did like using it and plan to again this season. No negative issues to report with the site or service.

Lets pretend I'm in a league with people I don't know. I either have to trust the commissioner who I don't know to make the payouts correctly (for all I know he could be running several of the teams himself), or I have to agree that no one gets paid without a majority vote which could once again be prevented by a few friends who get pissed that they didn't place, or by one person who is actually playing multiple teams. I don't understand how this offers any more security than just sending a check to some random guy who promises he's legit. As far as I can tell, in the end you still have to trust people you don't know with your money.
No real way around that if you're playing with people you dont know unless you play in a free league unfortunately...

How does the site know who to pay out? If the commish enters who the winners are, couldn't he just input that he won the league and take the money? Unless they tie it to MFL or something to determine the winner.
Comissioner tells the site whom to pay and how much. As Christian and/or j2v said, you determine how much authority the commissioner has when you set up the league. You can set it to a vote in which case the league members can override a shady commish, or you can set it so the commissioner can make the call thereby eliminating any waiting time for people to log in and vote. Works pretty slick and we're using it again. I actually left the money I won last year in there as payment for my entry fee this year so that is kind of a nice feature...

• 3 weeks later...
In a league where the Commish gets you your payouts promptly it may not be worth it; in a league where you don't know or trust your Commish, or you trust him but he's a slow payer, it's not much to pay for insurance that you collect your winnings.
...or if you have an owner who doesn't pay up (paging 4B). IMO this is a great idea if you're in a league of people you don't know very well.

Opinions from others who have used?