[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SOFA IDP League Draft...

darin3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks pretty formidable, imo

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB - 8 5.11

Smith, Kevin DET RB - 4 6.02

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 8 2.02

Wayne, Reggie IND WR - 4 1.11

Fletcher-Baker, London WAS LB - 10 7.11

Ryans, DeMeco HOU LB - 8 4.02

Willis, Patrick SFO LB - 9 3.11

I'm interested to see what he does with this next pick. Great strat getting 3 studly LB's at the get go.

LBs are major scorers in this league with the 2-point tackle stat. Yes, there are a ton of solid LBs left, but with a trio of Willis/Ryans/Fletcher-Baker, I can count on 60+ points in any given week from my LBs.

I was sweatin' the "turn" pick. FFMastermind took a ton of time for his second pick, and I was worried he was considering Allen. I totally covet Allen, putting him in the first tier of DLs by himself (followed by Osi and Mario in the second tier). Allen scored 160 points in this format last year, and that's with missing the first two games. He moves to a better defense and gets to face a bunch of cupcakes all season. He could top 200 points this year with ease.

I will attempt to grab QB and TE, most likely, with my next two picks.

Not too worried about WR, as I'm set with Wayne and AJ. I'll grab a nice upside WR sooner or later.

Thanks for keeping up with this, y'all. Feel free to PM me with any inside info you may have. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

I was sweatin' the "turn" pick. FFMastermind took a ton of time for his second pick, and I was worried he was considering Allen. I totally covet Allen, putting him in the first tier of DLs by himself (followed by Osi and Mario in the second tier). Allen scored 160 points in this format last year, and that's with missing the first two games. He moves to a better defense and gets to face a bunch of cupcakes all season. He could top 200 points this year with ease.

NICE! Sorry I couldn't on IM last night bro, but Mastermind was taking forever on his second pick and I was falling asleep. To see he took Reggie Brown makes me wonder why the heck he took so long. He reached there, plain and simple.

Glad to see you reeled in Allen...WOOOOO! Long live The Huddle, baby!!!!

OK...and don't tell people what positions you are considering next bro...ya never know what wandering eyes are lurking in here. Keep the other 11 tools guessing as you are doing a kick-arse job!!!

Edited by The Wolf

OK...and don't tell people what positions you are considering next bro...ya never know what wandering eyes are lurking in here. Keep the other 11 tools guessing as you are doing a kick-arse job!!!

Oh I'm definitely throwing smoke screens up. I really don't know where I'm going next. At this point in the draft, I'll probably fill based on best available.

I may be crazy, but there is no way Im passing on Ronnie Brown at 6.2. Sports Grumblings is having a field day acquiring offensive talent, and in a 12 man league, defense is very easy to get later, much later. Jared Allen is your best value pick thus far.

This team will struggle, offensively, and other teams will get better defensive players than you think. Also this group of guys do not trade much. Your only chance is if none of your offensive talent gets hurt.

Good Luck with the rest of the draft. I hope you get lucky late.

I may be crazy, but there is no way Im passing on Ronnie Brown at 6.2. Sports Grumblings is having a field day acquiring offensive talent, and in a 12 man league, defense is very easy to get later, much later. Jared Allen is your best value pick thus far.

This team will struggle, offensively, and other teams will get better defensive players than you think. Also this group of guys do not trade much. Your only chance is if none of your offensive talent gets hurt.

Good Luck with the rest of the draft. I hope you get lucky late.

I don't know much about IDP (joined first one this year) but those RB's leave a lot to be desired. I tend to agree with Sarge here and I have seen the WR-WR strategy utilized in the draft a lot this year and they have crap from RB's and I just don;t see them being one of the dominant teams, competitive and good maybe, but not anywhere near the top of the league, IMO.

I don't know much about IDP (joined first one this year) but those RB's leave a lot to be desired. I tend to agree with Sarge here and I have seen the WR-WR strategy utilized in the draft a lot this year and they have crap from RB's and I just don;t see them being one of the dominant teams, competitive and good maybe, but not anywhere near the top of the league, IMO.

I'm sticking to my guns. In a full PPR league, there are a host of solid RBs with upside.

There is no flex spot in this league. Rudi appears to be healthy and ready to return to '06 form. Kevin Smith is one of the elite rookies and has probably the best "situation". With a few key RB pickups in the next few rounds, I'll feel comfortable.

Go ahead and look at the top scorers in this league from years past. Only 3 of the top 15 scorers in 2007 were RBs. 4 of the top 25. On the flip side, there were 9 WRs (and 3 LBs, just for kicks).

I'm sticking to my guns. In a full PPR league, there are a host of solid RBs with upside.

There is no flex spot in this league. Rudi appears to be healthy and ready to return to '06 form. Kevin Smith is one of the elite rookies and has probably the best "situation". With a few key RB pickups in the next few rounds, I'll feel comfortable.

Go ahead and look at the top scorers in this league from years past. Only 3 of the top 15 scorers in 2007 were RBs. 4 of the top 25. On the flip side, there were 9 WRs (and 3 LBs, just for kicks).

Some people can't escape "Must draft RB. Must draft RB. Must draft RB."

I'll be in trouble if Rudi isn't "back" or gets hurt and Kevin Smith sucks. Fortunately, as I've said on numerous occasions, the RBBC and RBBC-esque situations this year will make many of these "part-timers" serious fantasy contributors. We'll see what happens.

I'll be in trouble if Rudi isn't "back" or gets hurt and Kevin Smith sucks. Fortunately, as I've said on numerous occasions, the RBBC and RBBC-esque situations this year will make many of these "part-timers" serious fantasy contributors. We'll see what happens.

The other good thing is you can take fliers on RBs with upside later and not waste a bunch of picks throwing shat at the wall hoping to find WR gold when it is so rare late in a draft.

That's the idea though. Once you get into the RBBC-esque tier of players, what's the difference? The RB available at 17-18 isn't much different than 30, or 45:

17 & 18 RBs: MJD and Bush

29 RB: McGahee

45 RB: Graham

None of those are sure fire RBs. All have questions (health, RBBC, ability, etc). I see no reason not to load up on studs at other positions this year.

I see Darin is a fellow Owen Daniels lover. In PPR leagues, Daniels is an exceptional late TE pick. He's still getting overlooked in alot of leagues which baffles me. Still waiting on that QB pick to come in. Too bad Schaub didn't fall to you.

No way, I completely see the point in taking a WR in round 1 or 2, but if you do in both, it limits you considerably, unless you get lucky later.

Darin knows his sh*t defensively, which is why Im surprised he didnt wait a lil longer to draft on that side of the ball. Doesnt make his strategy wrong, and I hope it works out. I just have a different opinion, and I posted it. Sorry if I offended anyone. Certainly wasnt my intent.

With 4pts per passing TD and .04 pts per yard, I'm sure glad Darin didn't reach for an early QB.

I think an early QB is usually a reach. I'd like to see someone research this. For every Brady and Manning with a huge year there are many pedestrian years.

I think an early QB is usually a reach. I'd like to see someone research this. For every Brady and Manning with a huge year there are many pedestrian years.

There is a certain QB I'm hoping Darin takes with this upcoming pick. One of my favorite soft drinks as a kid was Orange Crush. :wacko:

No way, I completely see the point in taking a WR in round 1 or 2, but if you do in both, it limits you considerably, unless you get lucky later.

Darin knows his sh*t defensively, which is why Im surprised he didnt wait a lil longer to draft on that side of the ball. Doesnt make his strategy wrong, and I hope it works out. I just have a different opinion, and I posted it. Sorry if I offended anyone. Certainly wasnt my intent.

You're not offending anyone. You gotta admit, with the scoring system favoring IDPs, if you grab the ultra-studs, you can "start 'em and forget 'em". I have 3 of the top 4 or 5 LBs. I have 2 of the top 3 DLs. Those guys are going to consistently put up major points.

Are the guys that draft the likes of Tatupu and Sims going to be that far behind? Probably not too far... but those guys are going to have their quiet weeks, while each of my LBs and DLs put up 20 every... single... week.

I've done a crapload of research on some solid PPR sleepers in terms of RBs. WR sucks this year, so I'll reach for a sleeper whenever.

I have to stick to my guns here. The scoring system fostered a definite plan of action for me. It could give us a .500 team... it could make us unbeatable.