[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SOFA IDP League Draft...

darin3

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pick with Eli. I was alittle bummed when Cutler was taken after you last pick but Eli is a very serviceable QB in this format, finishing #70 overall in scoring.

Where are all the other commentators??

Eli's a great pick? Watching the SB again(it's all over NFL Network) it's amazing how lucking the Giants were. I need to see more from Eli.

Eli's a great pick? Watching the SB again(it's all over NFL Network) it's amazing how lucking the Giants were. I need to see more from Eli.

Well considering he finished #70 overall and to get him that late, sure he is. I campaigned for Cutler but Darin had a valid reason for not selecting a QB last round and he was snagged 2 picks later. His other options would be Favre or Kitna :wacko:

Shockey leaving is a boost for Eli IMO. Grant you, I can't STAND the little puke, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't draft him.

Holy cow how in the hell did Sanders get by me. I thought he was taken already. Very nice pick. I guess when I saw LeRon Landry and DeAngelo Hall taken, I just assumed that, well anywho....DeAngelo Hall?????!!!!????? :wacko: And to think I lobbied for Cedric Griffin lol. Thats why I'm not drafting. (Me loves some Griffin this year though...cough cough)

Darin has a stud team so far gentlemen. It would be nice if more of you followed the draft.

Edited by tazinib1

I think what we have here is a shark drafting in a pool of guppies. Looks very good to me so far.

This team is such a no brainer on D, which is a great situation to be in. Now, it does need to unfold nicely with the RB's, and there's a big risk IMO with two rookie RB's...but would you rather play it safe or take risks and look great if they all pay off?

Good job Darin.

Edited by gilthorp

I think what we have here is a shark drafting in a pool of guppies. Looks very good to me so far.

This team is such a no brainer on D, which is a great situation to be in. Now, it does need to unfold nicely with the RB's, and there's a big risk IMO with two rookie RB's...but would you rather play it safe or take risks and look great if they all pay off?

Good job Darin.

Thanks for the comments...

Yeah, there's a ton of risk with just about every RB this year. I mean, looking at it objectively, there's just as much risk with a guy like McGahee as there is with, say, Ahmad Bradshaw. Obviously the risks are different but the level of risk, at least in my mind, are pretty close. I've said it before and I'll say it again: there are a lot of RBs that will contribute to fantasy teams in a positive manner this year. The trick will be locking the right ones down and using them on the right weeks. :wacko:

Ugh..the first pick I do not like. Darin....I'm not busting your chops. I wish you would have gone a different way is all.

:D

I appreciate your interest in what's going on with the draft, but seriously? Tillman is the third-best CB going into the season, behind the super-studs Winfield and Clements. Some outlets have Marshall higher, but I can't see Tillman any worse. The Bears are going to spend a lot of time on defense, and Tillman's consistently good.

Of course, you were the one pushing for Cedric Griffin. :wacko: ....... a full TWO rounds ago... and he's rated a full 10-11 spots lower. :D Sorry man, I don't get your point here.

:D

I appreciate your interest in what's going on with the draft, but seriously? Tillman is the third-best CB going into the season, behind the super-studs Winfield and Clements. Some outlets have Marshall higher, but I can't see Tillman any worse. The Bears are going to spend a lot of time on defense, and Tillman's consistently good.

Of course, you were the one pushing for Cedric Griffin. :wacko: ....... a full TWO rounds ago... and he's rated a full 10-11 spots lower. :D Sorry man, I don't get your point here.

I don't even remember typing that lol. I had alittle meeting with Mr.Vodka last night.

Well considering he finished #70 overall and to get him that late, sure he is. I campaigned for Cutler but Darin had a valid reason for not selecting a QB last round and he was snagged 2 picks later. His other options would be Favre or Kitna :wacko:

Shockey leaving is a boost for Eli IMO. Grant you, I can't STAND the little puke, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't draft him.

He had a good 6 weeks late in the season after throwing 4 picks. Like I said I need to see more and wouldn't call him a great anything. Not yet anyway.

I like Delhomme, Campbell and Rodgers better.

He had a good 6 weeks late in the season after throwing 4 picks. Like I said I need to see more and wouldn't call him a great anything. Not yet anyway.

I like Delhomme, Campbell and Rodgers better.

I like Delhomme as well but from what I've read, Darin is NOT a Delhomme lover this year because of the injury.

I like Delhomme as well but from what I've read, Darin is NOT a Delhomme lover this year because of the injury.

That's fine. He can pick whoever he likes. I only questioned the great pick line. That's all. I need to see more of Eli first.

The injury is of some concern, but being without Steve Smith the first two weeks doesn't help much... and I have a feeling the Panther run game could have a few problems and Delhomme could see a healthy dose of blitzing until the run game gets on track.

That's fine. He can pick whoever he likes. I only questioned the great pick line. That's all. I need to see more of Eli first.

I'm not entirely sold on Manning myself... but the ADP-value there was pretty nice. Not to mention I have a li'l ace up my sleeve in a sleeper no one's talking much about. Will comment if/when I'm able to land him.

The injury is of some concern, but being without Steve Smith the first two weeks doesn't help much... and I have a feeling the Panther run game could have a few problems and Delhomme could see a healthy dose of blitzing until the run game gets on track.

I'm not entirely sold on Manning myself... but the ADP-value there was pretty nice. Not to mention I have a li'l ace up my sleeve in a sleeper no one's talking much about. Will comment if/when I'm able to land him.

He looked awful good the other night. He may be starting to get it, but I want to see what he does when defenses adjust.

:wacko:

"This just in. Darin is having a phenomenal draft but nobody is witnessing it. It's a shame I tell's ya..a damned shame!!"

Maybe youand Darin should get a private room :D

Nice job Darin, love that you had a plan and seemed to stick to it. Curious to see how it pays off, especially at the RB postion.

If I were drafting

1.11 - Larry Johnson (RB)

2.2 - Ryan Grant (RB)

3.11 - Plaxico Burress (WR)

4.2 - Roy Williams (WR)

5.11 - Nick Barnett (LB)

6.2 - Brian Urlacher (LB)

7.11 - Jared Allen (DE) - Excellent Pick

8.2 - Will Witherspoon (LB)

9.11 - Todd Heap (TE)

10.2 - Keith Bulluck (LB)

11.11 - Terrell Suggs (DE)

12.2 - Julius Jones (RB)

13.11 - Eli Manning (QB) - Nice Pick

14.2 - Chris Harris (S)

15.11 - Tony Sheffler (TE)

16.2 - David Garrard (QB)

17.11 - Bobby Engram (WR) - nice pick

18.2 - Jon Kitna (QB)

19.11 - James Hardy (WR) - Love this rookie

20.2 - Steve Slaton (RB) - His situation could be golden - Very Nice value here

21.11 - Mark Clayton (WR)

22.2 - Brandon Jackson (RB)

Thus far

13.11 - Eli Manning (QB)

16.2 - David Garrard (QB)

18.2 - Jon Kitna (QB)

1.11 - Larry Johnson (RB)

2.2 - Ryan Grant (RB)

12.2 - Julius Jones (RB)

20.2 - Steve Slaton (RB)

22.2 - Brandon Jackson (RB)

3.11 - Plaxico Burress (WR)

4.2 - Roy Williams (WR)

17.11 - Bobby Engram (WR)

19.11 - James Hardy (WR)

21.11 - Mark Clayton (WR)

9.11 - Todd Heap (TE)

15.11 - Tony Sheffler (TE)

7.11 - Jared Allen (DE)

11.11 - Terrell Suggs (DE)

5.11 - Nick Barnett (LB)

6.2 - Brian Urlacher (LB)

8.2 - Will Witherspoon (LB)

10.2 - Keith Bulluck (LB)

14.2 - Chris Harris (S)

My next 6 picks would be 2 CB, 2 S, 1 DT, and Larry Johnsons backup.

Edited by Sgt Ryan