[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GB - CIN - 08-11-08

MrTed46

A Rodgers actually looked good. Greg Jennings made 2 amazing catches (miss judged one) and one was for a TD..he got his hard that time, his helmet even came off and scored.

Cin struggled early on..both O and D

Ben Utect looks good, he can block and go for a short route and catch the ball...he also scored. I think he can get points in PPR leagues as Carson will need to dump off alot if his lines doesnt shape up.

Anyone else see anything? I only saw the 1st Q

Chris Perry looked really good today, he runs with a lot of anger.

And rightly so, dude's been injured forever. And, said running style will probably get him hurt. Again. :wacko:

I really think Kenny Watson will be the valuable PPR sleeper here. And this is with even bumping Rudi up this year on my board.

And rightly so, dude's been injured forever. And, said running style will probably get him hurt. Again. :wacko:

I really think Kenny Watson will be the valuable PPR sleeper here. And this is with even bumping Rudi up this year on my board.

Being a life long Bengals fan I can say that is the hardest I've seen Chris Perry run since he's been in stripes. It's amazing what being in a contact year can do. The dude has played soft ever since he's been here. Trust me his injury's have nothing to do with his running style.

I thought the Bengals looked allot like they did last year. Bad tackling on D and inconsistent offense. The good part is this is the first pre-season game.

Being a life long Bengals fan I can say that is the hardest I've seen Chris Perry run since he's been in stripes. It's amazing what being in a contact year can do. The dude has played soft ever since he's been here. Trust me his injury's have nothing to do with his running style.

I thought the Bengals looked allot like they did last year. Bad tackling on D and inconsistent offense. The good part is this is the first pre-season game.

To be fair, I never said his running style was what caused all of his injuries. I was half-joking in saying if he continued on with the "angry running", that he's sure to get hurt again.

I'd love to see Perry live up to his talent. Of course, I've pimped Watson enough (and drafted him enough) to where I'm hoping Perry doesn't pan out. :wacko:

I was very impressed with Utechts play tonight. If he keeps it up, he might very well live up to my sleeper expectations. As of now, he's a solid #2 TE and a boarderline #1 in 14 team leagues.

I also think K.Watson will be the handcuff come opening day. He's the better receiver anyway but I just don't think Perry can stay healthy enough to post a threat for the B/U job.

Yeah, he looks like he's back at Michigan... Oh, the good years...

I was very impressed with Utechts play tonight. If he keeps it up, he might very well live up to my sleeper expectations. As of now, he's a solid #2 TE and a boarderline #1 in 14 team leagues.

Gotta disagree here. While Utecht may be a better TE than CIN has had in recent memory, Palmer - and Kitna for that matter - has never really used the TE in the passing game. We'll see though... :wacko:

Utecht, at best, is a backup TE in even 16-team leagues. Sure, in those crazy 32-team leagues... he's definitely startable.

But I will agree that he's a decent sleeper... he could move up from the mid-20's where he's currently ranked into the high teens.

James Jones should be fined for taking his helmet off on the field. That was a classic case of showboating. He probably had his socks pulled down in an illegal manner as well. Make it double. Please don't allow players to think they can get by with that.

Edited by MikesVikes

James Jones should be fined for taking his helmet off on the field. That was a classic case of showboating. He probably had his socks pulled down in an illegal manner as well. Make it double. Please don't allow players to think they can get by with that.

:wacko:

Shouldn't Marvin White be the one fined for stealing Jones' helmet?

The fans showed a lot of class last night giving a standing ovation before the game. They showed they love Favre but love the Packers even more.

Trading him to the Jets allows them to root for him without rooting against the team.

Rouse needs to play. That guy makes plays.

Gotta disagree here. While Utecht may be a better TE than CIN has had in recent memory, Palmer - and Kitna for that matter - has never really used the TE in the passing game. We'll see though... :wacko:

Utecht, at best, is a backup TE in even 16-team leagues. Sure, in those crazy 32-team leagues... he's definitely startable.

But I will agree that he's a decent sleeper... he could move up from the mid-20's where he's currently ranked into the high teens.

It's true that since Bartowski has been the OC the Bengals haven't utilized the TE. We've never had a pass catcher at the position with Utechts ability though. With Chris Henry out on the street, and none of the WR's stepping up, I think Utecht will be the 3rd receiver in this pass happy offense. I think he's a great #2 TE and a might be a #1 by mid-season.

It's true that since Bartowski has been the OC the Bengals haven't utilized the TE. We've never had a pass catcher at the position with Utechts ability though. With Chris Henry out on the street, and none of the WR's stepping up, I think Utecht will be the 3rd receiver in this pass happy offense. I think he's a great #2 TE and a might be a #1 by mid-season.

I think the "no-name" WRs (rookies especially) might just surprise you.

Did the Bengals play last night? All I heard was those 3 hacks in the booth talk about Rodgers/Favre/Rodgers/Favre/Rodgers/Favre. I know the GB situation is compelling, but thay could throw in a little play by play other than when Rodgers threw the ball.

Did the Bengals play last night? All I heard was those 3 hacks in the booth talk about Rodgers/Favre/Rodgers/Favre/Rodgers/Favre. I know the GB situation is compelling, but thay could throw in a little play by play other than when Rodgers threw the ball.

I hate when they interview people and ignore the game.

They did harp on Chad and Palmer a lot too especially if the team would cut Carson's brother.

I saw some dude named Chad Johnson a few times. But point well taken. I didn't watch the whole game.

I think the "no-name" WRs (rookies especially) might just surprise you.

Darin, what team are you a fan of? I would gladly take any inside info you might have since you would obviously know more than I would about said team. I'm trying to do the same here, but you seem to stuck in your opinions. Palmer says the Bengals are putting "some special stuff" for Ben Utecht into their offense and believe Utecht "can have a big year." It's possible that one of our other WR's step up, but I think Utecht stepping up is far more likely. Just saying. Take it for what it's worth.

When the Bengals go to No-Huddle I could see allot of 2 TE sets with Perry as the singleback. We'd have Chad and Housh on the outside to stretch the field and Utecht and Perry underneath.

Edited by Capt. Stanky