[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Draft Pick Slots

goldengrhm1

In a 12-team, 28-round IDP league I am in, also PPR, I rolled the second highest number in the dice roll...first highest took the #1 slot, while I took the #4. Would be happy with any of the top 4 RB's and didn't have to wait an extra couple of picks on the way back.

I'm liking the 1.4 or 1.10

I have a different strat for both that has worked out very well.

This seems to be a good year to pick just about anywhere.

Tell me about your 1.10 strategy. I have that pick and hoping for Lynch or Portis. Round 2 I'm thinking T.O. or Wayne. Trying to decide which RB2 would be worth it in that pick. Bad part is missing out on top QBs as I don't think Romo or Brees will be left in the 3rd. Interested in more opinions on this pick...

In a 12-team, 28-round IDP league I am in, also PPR, I rolled the second highest number in the dice roll...first highest took the #1 slot, while I took the #4. Would be happy with any of the top 4 RB's and didn't have to wait an extra couple of picks on the way back.

just out of curiosity, who do you consider the top 4 rbs?

I'll take the 1.01 pick almost every time. With a normal snake draft, you will get three of the top 25 players in a 12 man league. 1.02 pick will give you three of the top 26 picks.

+1

grabbbing LT in any redraft puts you, at a minimum, towards the head of class. As MV states, having 3 of the top 25 players in FFL is a good thing.

I'm not a big fan of the 1.04 this year....if LT, AP and BW go 1-3, I'd be nervous about selecting Sjax with his contract issues. Blowing your 1st round pick is a sure-fire way to the basement of most leagues.

I like the 12th spot.

This year I would be looking for Reggie Wayne and TO at 1.12 and 2.01

In a PPR league WRs are gold and at the 12th spot you can get two great ones... and this year you can still get a starting RB or two in the 3rd and 4th round.

In a recent draft (12 teams, PPR) I grabbed:

1.12 - Reggie Wayne

2.01 - Terrell Owens

3.12 - Plaxico Burress

4.01 - Earnest Graham

5.12 - Dallas Clark

6.01 - Rudi Johnson

7.12 - Jay Culter

8.01 - Vikings DEF

9.12 - Javon Walker

10.01 - Nick Folk

11.12 - Tony Scheffler

12.01 - Kevin Jones

13.12 - Ricky Williams

14.01 - Phil Dawson

15.12 - Donald Lee

In a PPR league three top WRs really racks up the points, and thus this team should be very competitive (especially if Rudi returns to his 1000+ yard work after his injury, he is a steal at 6.01)

Von

This year, I would rather have either one of the first four or last four picks. I think I would rank my slots as 1, 2, 3, 12, 4, 11, 10, 9. I really don't want 5-8 because of how uncertain the top players in those spots are. I just see too much risk in some of the mid-first round choices.

I'm seeing great value drop into the 7/8 hole, especially in ppr leagues. I love either of those spots with what drops after the 1st turn as well.

I'm in the midst of my first draft this year, drafted from the 7 slot and didn't like it at all - first six were LT, AP, SJax, Westbrook, Addai and Portis, any of whom I'd have been happy with.

I ended up taking Gore at 7, but felt that was a pretty steep drop off from the first six...although arguably I should have gone Moss or Brady instead.

This year, I would rather have either one of the first four or last four picks. I think I would rank my slots as 1, 2, 3, 12, 4, 11, 10, 9. I really don't want 5-8 because of how uncertain the top players in those spots are. I just see too much risk in some of the mid-first round choices.

pretty much agree- I had the #1 pick, and didn't hesitate grabbing 1.01 -

I like 1 or 2 but I also think 7 and 8 can be good spots this year. Let's face it, everyone should have studs in the first round unless they are fantasy football morons. Its your mid round picks that will make or break you.

If that's the case, wouldn't you want a much later pick? Later first round pick = earlier second round pick. If they're "all studs" in the first, what does it matter which stud you get? :wacko: