[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Food Joints did ya work at

nuke'em ttg

My daughter started this summer at Pizza Hut......just walked in with a thin Supreme for me :wacko:

In Junior/High school I worked on a golf course and a grocery store......just wonderin the food joints and stories you guys have from back in the day :D

Worked at a small mom and pop burger joint for about a year in high school. Not a bad gig as I had the kitchen to myself and a girl ran the front of the shop. The owner gave me pretty free reign with the menu - I just couldn't change his "famous" fried chicken. I had fun making stuff up for people.

Pot an pan washer at a ritzy restaurant, peeled shrimp, etc, then pots and pans at a catering hall. They made me put the untouched fruit cocktails back in the bucket. thought that was nasty! But.... they fed us brew at the end of the night... so we kept our mouths shut!

I worked at a local Burger King in Eugene,Oregon my sophomore to senior year before joining the Navy. It was located right across the campus of the UofO and I had moved out when I was 16 as well. It basically payed my rent in a quad. Boy did I have a great time to say the least.

spent a few summers in NY working in my uncle's restaurants as a prep-bitch when i was a young teen...... not really "joint" type places, but that's what sparked things for me

Edited by Bier Meister

A mom and pop bakery

Clean up kid for the local butcher shop

Applied to McDonalds but didn't get the gig. :wacko:

Dishwasher at local mom and pop Japanese place

Busboy at old school fancy place

Busboy at actually a few places

Waiter at a few more

Well, jeez, this won't come as a surprise, but I've worked at a ton of restaurants.

The only chain I applied to, however, was Micky D's and they kicked me to the curb.

McDonalds

A St. Louis mexican restaurant chain called Casa Gallardo. (I actually worked there for pretty much all of my time in college, including some of the time that I was in graduate school. It was a good place to work and had attractive fringe benefits.)

Wendy's

Ponderosa (bartender. salad bartender. :groan:)

Local pizza shop as a delivery

local gyro shop makin the gyros. We had a code going that if you ordered one with banana peppers, I would look to see if I knew ya. If I did, that would be one hefty gyro.

those were all in college, haven't worked food service since

My very first paying job was when I was 15. It was at a food cart at the Englishtown Flea Market. C&C Sausage Sandwiches. I was too young to work the grill, so I spent all day every weekend slicing onions and green peppers. My eyes felt like they were going to fall out of my head from slicing the onions. I got paid $30/day.

Years later in college I waited on tables at Friendly's.

I was the head cook at The Triangle Restaurant in Valley, AL the summer I was 15. I was making $3.50 an hour when the minimum wage was $3.25. :wacko:

Basically everything was fried in a deep fryer and I managed to figure out that frying more than one order at a time dramatically reduced the average 2hour wait time, thus earning me the promotion.

I was the head cook at The Triangle Restaurant in Valley, AL the summer I was 15. I was making $3.50 an hour when the minimum wage was $3.25. :wacko:

Basically everything was fried in a deep fryer and I managed to figure out that frying more than one order at a time dramatically reduced the average 2hour wait time, thus earning me the promotion.

:D

I worked at Hungry Howie's Pizza in college for a few years. I was mainly a delivery guy, but I did everything from make the dough to answer the phones. That was a great college job. I got bored with it after awhile and took a few other jobs.

I ended up working at Bennigan's. They trained me and had me work a few shifts at the grill. They got my class schedule and then only gave me shifts during my classes. :wacko: The manager told me that I had a decision to make. :D I told him that it wasn't much of a decision.