[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Food Joints did ya work at

nuke'em ttg

My first gig was at a KFC....man, a truly ugly experience for a first-time worker, and I have never felt comfortable in a KFC ever again. You don't wanna know what goes on behind that rack of chicken that is nicely presented to the public.

You are my KFC brother. Together, we will serve chicken that has been cooked, put in a cooler overnight, and then served the next day. We will serve powdered mashed potatoes. We will use dirty nasty oil, go to the bathroom and never wash our hands, and laugh as we break a pen off in a chicken breast because that bish thought it was acceptable to be rude to a high school boy who was putting together her fn chicken dinner.

I worked at a two-dudes-owned delivery pizza joint callled Pacchi's. Low volume, high quality (made our own sauce from scratch--like tomatoes, olive oil, and heads of garlic kind-of-'scratch'). Place broke even for about three years, then went under. I learned a lot about the food industry, like how to blow the smoke from your "tobacco water pipe" up the oven's hood fan. :wacko:

I once had the pleasure of making and delivering a jalapeno-and-anchovy pizza. No lie.

My then-girlfriend, now wife used to open the local Mickey D's on back cash (it takes a hardcore woman to report to work at 6:00 on Saturdays and Sundays in high school!). I used to love going through the drive-thru, faking accents and being obnoxious. Once I assumed a gruff Kentucky hillbilly voice and ordered "a couple'a super-saihzed titties". That got me in trouble. :D

Peace

policy

McDonalds- got fired after two weeks for being too young to work.

In-N-Out Burger- 2 years in H.S. Good times, GREAT burgers. Learned how to handle a 8 hour rush on the grill.

Houlihan's - 3 years in college. Started as a prep ended as a Sous. Learned a ton from a friggin' great Chef.

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse- Little over a year as a Saute /Sous.

Still cook part time for a high end Golf Course to keep my skills sharp.

Now mainly cook in different contests and volunteer for our local Little League during picnics(hundreds upon hundreds of burgers and dogs in a afternoon). Also seem to be Da Grilla for most of my local Draft parties.

A fun thread that really got me thinking about the old days.

Jimmy's diner. I was the dishwasher/ busboy/ waiter/ host. All for a whopping $3.00 an hour.

Wendy's. New store and I didn't last long with all the stupid corporate crap for $3.35 an hour.

Pizza Hut. This was a decent job as I was a pizza cook and waiter. I don't remember what my pay was but with tips I always seemed to have money in my pocket.

I may be heading back into the food and beverage industry soon. I am doing a little market research on how a Chicago style pizza joint would work here in New Orleans. Very early stages so I don't know for sure if this brainstorm will ever get off the ground.

A fun thread that really got me thinking about the old days.

Jimmy's diner. I was the dishwasher/ busboy/ waiter/ host. All for a whopping $3.00 an hour.

Wendy's. New store and I didn't last long with all the stupid corporate crap for $3.35 an hour.

Pizza Hut. This was a decent job as I was a pizza cook and waiter. I don't remember what my pay was but with tips I always seemed to have money in my pocket.

I may be heading back into the food and beverage industry soon. I am doing a little market research on how a Chicago style pizza joint would work here in New Orleans. Very early stages so I don't know for sure if this brainstorm will ever get off the ground.

That food biz is tough BUT it seems like all the Pizza joints survive.......cheap overhead and great pizza you're set.......way ta set your eyes on somethun new tbimm :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I worked as a pizza guy from 17-21, then i delivered Chinese food

There was a LOT of money to be made, plus free food and freedom.

Best job I ever worked was as a Chinese food driver until I got out of college( in case my boss sees this).

Seriously, I suggest that job to any kid