[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The latest Chad Johnson (er... Chad Ocho Cinco) move...

MTSuper7

Apparently Chad Johnson now wants to legally change his last name to Ocho Cinco. On one hand, what a brilliant ploy to sell spamshirts, as the NFL would have to allow his legal name once this goes through. On the other hand, who isn't just a little tired of Chad Johnson by now? Still, I'm sure I'll laugh if this goes through.

:wacko:

I love him... what else would we be bashing/talking about right now?

He is just being Chad... we need one

Are you kidding? Seriously? Pre-season just kicked off... fantasy drafts have kicked off... season is but a few weeks away. The last thing we need right now is a dude who's obviously got a screw loose doing idiotic stuff like this.

This is exactly what's wrong with these boards right now. Why must we always have something to "bash"? The fact that we're so close to yet another awesome NFL season should be more than enough to talk about.

Are you kidding? Seriously? Pre-season just kicked off... fantasy drafts have kicked off... season is but a few weeks away. The last thing we need right now is a dude who's obviously got a screw loose doing idiotic stuff like this.

This is exactly what's wrong with these boards right now. Why must we always have something to "bash"? The fact that we're so close to yet another awesome NFL season should be more than enough to talk about.

Let him do whatever he wants to do... if the comish thinks its inappropiate he will handle it. I have no problem with what he is doing. He wants to try to be funny, let him.

I gotta admit, I do get a kick when I hear his name on ESPN and I always put the volume up... so from that aspect he entertains me.

Kinda like the Howard Stern syndrome... what will he do next?

The cool part is a damn good WR also!

i could invision a scenerio in the future where "Ocho" plays for a different team, but cannot, for whatever reason wear #85. :wacko:

Then we would have to call him "The player formerly known as Ocho Cinco". :D

He used to be kind of innocently entertaining. Now he's just plain goofy. Everything he does smacks of desparation... I know nothing about the guy personally, but I would bet money that there is a father-figure somewhere in his past that he feels like he needs to prove himself to. My 4 year old constantly wants my attention and approval. Chad reminds me of a 4 year old.

The best I can come up with is that Chad Johnson is the Dennis Rodman of the NFL. Extremely talented, but addicted to the spotlight to the point that it damaged his credibility. Chad even dyed his hair and everything (though not as many different colors as Rodman). Obv. there are differences too...

And I'm not sure I understand Darin's comment that "this is what's wrong with these message boards"... What exactly is the problem?

And on the subject, I'll bet the Ocho Cinco jersey sells pretty well once this goes through, so this isn't a bad business move per se. And as for annoying, I'd rather see ridiculous news like this than head-shaking news about Steve Smith suckerpunching Ken Lucas in practice or Brandon Marshall's multiple arrests. At least Chad isn't getting into trouble, no? So let him have some fun!

And I'm not sure I understand Darin's comment that "this is what's wrong with these message boards"... What exactly is the problem?

I was responding to the poster who claimed "we need something to bash". I just don't understand why this is true. :wacko: Just an observation/opinion.

Just when you thought he had reached the bottom of the well when it comes to I-love-me behavior, Johnson manages to reach deep into the depths of his rectum to provide yet another even deeper milestone for stupidity and narcissitic behavior.

It sure would be nice to see someone make an effort to reign in clowns like this and let the product speak for itself. It sure doesn't need a spokesman like an Ricky Ricardo of monumental proportions like Johnson, and kids sure as hell don't need to be watching his sorry act every Sunday, thinking that it's cool to emulate such an egomaniacal retard.

Just when you thought he had reached the bottom of the well when it comes to I-love-me behavior, Johnson manages to reach deep into the depths of his rectum to provide yet another even deeper milestone for stupidity and narcissitic behavior.

It sure would be nice to see someone make an effort to reign in clowns like this and let the product speak for itself. It sure doesn't need a spokesman like an Ricky Ricardo of monumental proportions like Johnson, and kids sure as hell don't need to be watching his sorry act every Sunday, thinking that it's cool to emulate such an egomaniacal retard.

You guys need to relax. Yes Chad Johnson is a jackass but you guys talk about him like he's failed drug test, had a hit and run then hid from the police, hosted the party boat and beat up his girlfriend/wife. He's also up to date on his child support. He's eccentric, he's not hurting anyone, so I fail to see why this matters. Chad Johnson's goal with this is to not have anyone on the fence with him... Love him or hate, but not in the middle. All you guys are doing is finishing his plan.

And Rod Smart was contemplating legally changing his name to "He Hate Me", but the name on the jersey would have just said "ME".

You guys need to relax.

No, we don't.

Johnson makes the game less enjoyable to watch for some of us. He influences the behavior of some impressionable young football players with his assinine juvenile antics.

More people need to speak out against the moran and demand he be disciplined. Incrementally greater fines for each act of stupidity would work for me. Hit him where it matters to him - his wallet.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I heard this at work on the radio and i thought it was a joke lmao this would be great for the nfl have fun ocho cinco maybe he should get his name change to.....

Apparently Chad Johnson now wants to legally change his last name to Ocho Cinco. On one hand, what a brilliant ploy to sell spamshirts, as the NFL would have to allow his legal name once this goes through. On the other hand, who isn't just a little tired of Chad Johnson by now? Still, I'm sure I'll laugh if this goes through.