[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Projections Question

Qdaddyo

DMD,

I'm unsure if this is the correct form to post this in. I apologize if this is the case.

Just a general question regarding projections from any FFB web site: How come I never see any projections for how many times a QB will be sacked? Is it too difficult to prognosticate? Please don't take this as me asking for it; just never seen it done anywhere over my years playing FFB.

Thanks,

QDaddyo

Because there has never been any call for it. It would be a tough number to predict accurately for all but the extremes. Far as I know, there are not any leagues that attach points to individual QBs when they get sacked.

In the end, most all projections on the offense are related to scoring or advancing the ball. Getting sacked is just a type of tackle.

Because there has never been any call for it. It would be a tough number to predict accurately for all but the extremes. Far as I know, there are not any leagues that attach points to individual QBs when they get sacked.

In the end, most all projections on the offense are related to scoring or advancing the ball. Getting sacked is just a type of tackle.

I appreciate the response. Quite a few of the leagues I have played in over time have a penalty point for a sack (-1). While I don't think it is necessary to be penalized for a sack, I can see some people's logic to incorporate such a rule, i.e. "The QB is holding the ball too much".

However, take Bulger and his horrific "sack" line last year. His o-line was decimated after two games. So really, a sack incorporates 2 parts: QB decision making & how effective the offensive line is. Because of my thought process, I always propose to change the penalty from -1 to -0.5. Unfortunately, it always gets overturned.

I can definitely see how difficult it would be to project. Just wondering...

a quick check shows over the last 4 yrs the rams have given up

48, 47,46 & 50 sacks

its not the end all be all but i would take a look at historical trends....by both team as well as breaking it down in tiers

Cool, thanks. Where did you grab this information?