[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there a Randy Moss in this years draft

Jackass

I got Calvin Johnson at the 25th WR chosen. I like Brandon Marshall if you can wait out the suspension too.

They could be bargains, but Randy Moss? No.

There obviously isn't a great chance of there being one like Moss last year but when talking about WRs that could far outproduce their draft spot, the guy Randall mentioned has a shot. How about Coles/Cotchery? They're being drafted as #2 or 3 WRs and could produce better than expected.

I second the Andre Johnson talk. Roddy White could be another very big mover at the WR position. Greg Jennings also could be on his way to stud-dom. He still might be a year and a QB away, but eventually Dwayne Bowe is going to be one of the elite receivers in this league, and is actually the cream of last year's crop, no disrespect to the very talented but limelight sharing Calvin Johnson.

Edited by Seahawks21

Last year, passed on Randy Moss even after he fell farther than he should have. In hindsight obviously this was a costly mistake. Are there any players out there that are being overlooked that have a chance for a stud type season?

These guys are certainly not in the same ballpark (barely the same league) as Moss, but a couple guys who have shown some ability in the past, had rough times lately(due to injury, bad situation, attitude, etc) but are in new situations where they might greatly improve upon their recent numbers (IMO) are Muhammed back in Carolina and Jerry Porter in Jacksonville. I know Porter has the hammy right now so that might sink him, but if he can get healthy, it wouldn't shock me to see him flirt with double-digit TDs with the Jags. For Muhammed, not sure how much he has left, but whatever it is, should be easier for him to show it with a better QB throwing to him and playing in a better offense and in (presumably) more favorable weather more often in Carolina.

Not predicting hugh things for these guys, but I think they can be had late and may well outperform their ADP.

Regarding Roddy, I will go ahead and say thins here since I dont feel like finding a thread on Roddy. A old HS teammate of mine plays DB for the Falcons. He has always been forthcoming with fantasy news like not starting Norwood the week after he had the huge game last year and so on. He has said the offense and specifically Turner are not looking good at all. Roddy White is good, but up to this point there is nothing to indicate he is going to be able to do anything positive this year. No one can get him the ball and the passing game is a mess. Things are so bad that the defense has not been able to run its full package against the offense because of their inability to do anything. Most vets believe Turner is looking like a bust and that Norwood should be the man.

Anyway, things could change, but right now they are miles away from where they would like to be at this point and doing anything fantasy wise.

Regarding Roddy, I will go ahead and say thins here since I dont feel like finding a thread on Roddy. A old HS teammate of mine plays DB for the Falcons. He has always been forthcoming with fantasy news like not starting Norwood the week after he had the huge game last year and so on. He has said the offense and specifically Turner are not looking good at all. Roddy White is good, but up to this point there is nothing to indicate he is going to be able to do anything positive this year. No one can get him the ball and the passing game is a mess. Things are so bad that the defense has not been able to run its full package against the offense because of their inability to do anything. Most vets believe Turner is looking like a bust and that Norwood should be the man.

Anyway, things could change, but right now they are miles away from where they would like to be at this point and doing anything fantasy wise.

This makes sense to me. As much as I like RW's upside, I'm not sure this is the year he will realize his full potential.

Most vets? Which ones? This sounds like what Fox News does.

This makes sense to me. As much as I like RW's upside, I'm not sure this is the year he will realize his full potential.

There's no way he can realize his full potential this year. They have a long way to go.

At the same time ATL will be playing from behind early and often this year. They might have the worst receiving TEs in the league. The WR2/3 is Jenkins and Robinson. Neither are very good but should be good enough to not allow opposing Ds to completely zero in on White. Turner and Norwood might be active in the passing but more often they'll be deployed to help with the pass rush.

All of that is a recipe for a TON of targets for White this year. It probably will not mean big numbers but the targets should allow him to at least be a high end WR3 with upside as a decent WR2. He did as much last year in an equally pathetic offense.

Edited by kingfish247

Say what you want, but Matt Ryan looked downright good the other night, and I've heard Harrington has played well as well. This is kind of funny, considering my former H.S. teammate was is an ex-Falcon DB, currently playing with the Seahawks. He had nothing but good things to say about his time covering White, but then again, at that time I believe White was a rook or 2nd year guy.

This may have been posted before but an interesting article from ESPN's KC Joyner. Other WRs are discussed but this discussion of Roddy reminded me of it... :wacko: I can post the full article if anyone's interested...

Wayne outperforming T.O., Moss; White on the cusp

By KC Joyner

ESPN Insider

I've been doing full-season tape reviews for five years now, and the one fact that stands out more than any other is that player performance does not take place in a vacuum. The level of competition a player faces seems, more times than not, to largely determine the level of production that player achieves.

I first reviewed this in an article in Scientific Football 2005 when I saw that 26 of Peyton Manning's 53 regular-season and postseason touchdown passes that year came against either subpar coverage personnel or no coverage at all.

I decided to take that concept one step further in Scientific Football 2008 by looking at wide receiver performance versus varying levels of competition. I did this by segmenting cornerbacks into three color categories -- red (the most difficult matchups), yellow (average matchups) and green (the most favorable matchups).

I used the 2007 yards per attempt average of each cornerback to determine his color rating, with red being a YPA of less than 7 yards, yellow being between 7 and 9 yards, and green being more than 9 yards. Cornerbacks who didn't have enough passes thrown in their direction to qualify were placed in a separate "non-qualifier" category. I also tracked receiver performance when facing a cornerback and when facing a non-cornerback (i.e., a safety, a linebacker, no coverage, etc.).

8. Roddy White is matchup agnostic. White was the only receiver in the league to post an 8.6 or better YPA against every level of cornerback matchup. He simply wasn't slowed by anyone on a consistent basis, and that says White, entering his fourth year with the Falcons, could be the next breakout star at wide receiver.

This may have been posted before but an interesting article from ESPN's KC Joyner. Other WRs are discussed but this discussion of Roddy reminded me of it... :wacko: I can post the full article if anyone's interested...

Yeah, I read that a few weeks ago also. You still need a line to protect and a competent QB/system to get him the ball. Say what you will about last season, but Redman was an A+ fantasy QB running Petrino's system. This year will not be the same and I see RW taking a step back this season.

Could it be Marvin Harrison?? He is the only guy I can think of that can come out of relative nowhere and put up ridiculously huge numbers. I personally don't think he has it in him anymore, but I don't think it would "schock" anyone to see Marvin put up some of his monsterous numbers of old.

Edited by Seahawks21