[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Perry

theeohiostate

This kid has always had unquestionable talent , but can't stay of the fieldto break most huddles long enough before he gets injured.

I've moved on picking him up in 4 leagues, 3 of them in the last 2 rounds , but just traded up to get him in another. He ran with the first team today , so maybe he's worth a look.

from rotoworld today

Chris Perry ran as the Bengals' No. 1 tailback at Thursday's practice.

Coach Marvin Lewis said that Perry was playing for a starting spot before adding, "Everybody is gunning for a starting spot." However, coaches don't namecheck like that without purpose. Only Lewis knows if he was speaking the truth or just trying to motivate, but these developments support two notions we've thought about the Bengals: Some form of committee is likely and the team may prefer Perry's upside over Kenny Watson's dependability. Aug. 14 - 3:58 pm et

Edited by theeohiostate

This kid has always had unquestionable talent , but can't stay of the fieldto break most huddles long enough before he gets injured.

I've moved on picking him up in 4 leagues, 3 of them in the last 2 rounds , but just traded up to get him in another. He ran with the first team today , so maybe he's worth a look.

from rotoworld today

Perry is your sleeper #2 right?

I have him and Bryant as sleepers this year. I have him on one of my rosters so I cannot speak objectively. He has already soared to the top of FF star dome and will have 1900 cmb yards and 16 tds....in my mind of course. Thats how I sell my players to myself... I refuse to make any trades b/c my roster is full of fantasy gold.

From Rotoworld

Rudi Johnson was a late scratch for Sunday night's preseason game versus the Lions. Chris Perry will get the start.

It is unknown if Rudi's hamstring flared up or the Bengals just want to see what Perry can do as a starter. Perry ran with the first-team offense all week and may be on the verge of supplanting Johnson. Kenny Watson appears to be third string, although Cincinnati will likely use a committee in any event. This is a huge opportunity for Perry. He's facing an awful run defense and will be operating behind the Bengals' powerful first-string offensive line.

Don't look now but Perry's value is on the rise :wacko:

Coach Marvin Lewis says Chris Perry would be the Bengals' starting tailback if the season began today.It's unclear whether this is due to Rudi Johnson's lingering hamstring injury or an official depth chart change. We'd cautiously guess it's the latter. Perry has been the Bengals' most powerful runner in the preseason and Lewis loves the power run game. Although Cincinnati will likely use a committee this season, Perry has the most fantasy upside in this backfield.

Coach Marvin Lewis says Chris Perry would be the Bengals' starting tailback if the season began today.[b]It's unclear whether this is due to Rudi Johnson's lingering hamstring injury or an official depth chart change. We'd cautiously guess it's the latter. [/b]Perry has been the Bengals' most powerful runner in the preseason and Lewis loves the power run game. Although Cincinnati will likely use a committee this season, Perry has the most fantasy upside in this backfield.

Here's why I'm guessing it has more to do with the former than the latter, directly from Marvin Lewis himself on the Bengals website in the VERY article they're citing:

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6968

Asked what Johnson would have to do to win the job back, Lewis said, "I have to see Rudi play and practice, practice, practice and then play."

Of course Perry would be starting because he's not injured! He said the same thing of T.J. Houshmandzadeh:

"Same (with T.J.). I think T.J. needs more (practice) than he thinks," Lewis said. "I think for the runner it's not quite as significant. We want to make sure he can stand it. But I think for T.J. there's more to it. Things change and things have changed and things move within the snap of the football. It's important T.J. gets some snaps and get going. T.J.'s a very smart guy. He understands football very well. He understands the offense and what we do very well. (But) until you do it ... "

I'm not that you shouldn't exercise some precaution when drafting Rudi but Rotoworld is known for blowing things out of proportion. While we're at it, why don't we officially name Brady Quinn the starting QB for the Browns.

Edited by Rushmore

In a PPR league that starts 2 RB's, would you rather have:

Chris Perry

Ahmad Bradshaw

Maurice Morris

as your 3rd RB?

Ricky Williams, Jonathan Stewart, several other rookies, but of those I like Morris. I have no faith in Julius Jones. It could be my inbred Jerry Jones/Cowboy hatred at work :wacko: but I really like Morris more. I ike both he and Sammy Morris more than the hyped Maroney and Jones.

Taking a BIG swig of Kool-Aide here, but I'm not buying the Perry-as-the-starter business. I've heard WAY too many " XXXX has been running well in training camp and would be the starter today." that turned out to be impetus for better performance form the main guy (who ended up starting when the season began).

I'm in a couple of big leagues where RBs get thin real quick. I will admit it is a bit gut wrenching to take ANY CIN RB at the moment, despite thier schedule.

(But I just took Rudi :wacko:)

So in my 14 team yahoo league someone just dropped him about an hour ago (yeah smart I know, it even had the update link next to his name that said he might be the starter). So say I was sitting here with the 3rd WW spot. Would it be a good idea to take a shot and use it on him?

Edited by Idiot Savant

So in my 14 team yahoo league someone just dropped him about an hour ago (yeah smart I know, it even had the update link next to his name that said he might be the starter). So say I was sitting here with the 3rd WW spot. Would it be a good idea to take a shot and use it on him?

Would depend on who you would drop, what your starting/scoring is, and whether or not Big John moves you to the other forum before we get that info.