[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams picking up steam, maybe bump R.Brown even further

Big Ernie McCracken

The more I read about this, the more I'm interested. If you can get Williams late, he could easily be the steal of the draft. Yes, Brown was off to a torrid pace last season, but his knee is still quite sore and he hasn't had good numbers this preseason. Yes, just preseason, but it's something to consider. Parcells and Sparano won't settle for a gimpy Brown and this is definitely Williams' "last chance", one must think.

I'll be targeting Williams as an RB3 in my local league's draft this Saturday... with the potential for him to put up RB2-type numbers.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Williams is a STEAL late in a draft I took a flyer on him intwo leagues while people were picking back up WR's and RB'S I wanted I snatched Williams.

He is still my rb3 but could be my rb2

Westbrook

T. Jones

J. Stewart

R. Williams

Moss

Boldin

Chambers

D. Bennett

B. Johnson

When I drafted I didn't even think he would crack my starting line up but know he might replace Boldin as RB2.

Good luck to all R. Williams owners and way to stick your neck out. This could win your championship.

The more I read about this, the more I'm interested. If you can get Williams late, he could easily be the steal of the draft. Yes, Brown was off to a torrid pace last season, but his knee is still quite sore and he hasn't had good numbers this preseason. Yes, just preseason, but it's something to consider. Parcells and Sparano won't settle for a gimpy Brown and this is definitely Williams' "last chance", one must think.

I'll be targeting Williams as an RB3 in my local league's draft this Saturday... with the potential for him to put up RB2-type numbers.

Reports all of season I saw said he was the best player on the team and Ricky didn't think he and Parcells would get along but they do.

He wants to clear his name and go out on a positive note. They let him back in the league because he was in treatment for 5 1/2 months in Boston. He may be big early in the season and fall off as Brown gets more work. Maybe trade him when his value is high.

They have a pretty good offensive line. He could put up RB1 numbers(Ronnie Brown did) for a while early in the season.

I agree that this is a very interesting situation developing. I just recently had my first draft of the season and I put together a solid squad. In a PPR league, my first 4 RBs were (drafting at 5 in a 10 team league)Addai, R. Bush, M. Turner and Matt Forte. I was a bit shocked to see Ronnie still sitting there in the 10th round undrafted, so I drafted him and then took Ricky in the 11th. So, with those two being my 5th and 6th drafted RBs, needless to say I am very interested to see how this all plays out.

I also have Wayne, Santonio, Steve Smith and Roddy White as my top 4 WRs.

With Shaub and Delhomme as my QBs, I could potentially make a trade down the line if one of those 2 Dolphin RBs emerges as the starter to grab a better QB.. WHOOP WHOOP!

Edited by Scourge

I agree that this is a very interesting situation developing. I just recently had my first draft of the season and I put together a solid squad. In a PPR league, my first 4 RBs were (drafting at 5 in a 10 team league)Addai, R. Bush, M. Turner and Matt Forte. I was a bit shocked to see Ronnie still sitting there in the 10th round undrafted, so I drafted him and then took Ricky in the 11th. So, with those two being my 5th and 6th drafted RBs, needless to say I am very interested to see how this all plays out.

I also have Wayne, Santonio, Steve Smith and Roddy White as my top 4 WRs.

With Shaub and Delhomme as my QBs, I could potentially make a trade down the line if one of those 2 Dolphin RBs emerges as the starter to grab a better QB.. WHOOP WHOOP!

Wow that's qite a draft. If either Ronnie or Ricky can get the job alone you could have a nice situation. Even if they share it appears the team with run and throw to the backs a lot.

Steve Smith Carolina is your 3rd?

Wow that's qite a draft. If either Ronnie or Ricky can get the job alone you could have a nice situation. Even if they share it appears the team with run and throw to the backs a lot.

Steve Smith Carolina is your 3rd?

Hi Randall...

Yes, Steve Smith slipped, I am guessing because of his suspension. My first 12 rounds looked like this...

1.05 Addai

2.05 Wayne

3.05 R. Bush

4.05 Santonio

5.05 Smith (steal)

6.05 Turner (steal)

7.05 Roddy White

8.05 Forte

9.05 Shaub

10.05 Ronnie (steal)

11.05 Ricky (steal)

12.05 Delhomme (steal)

I couldn't believe what was falling to me. My starting lineup would be rounded out with Heap (if healthy), Seahawks, and S. Graham...

Heap is the only pick in my draft I am not crazy about. I also got Pierre Thomas and Kevin Jones for insurance since my draft was so early in the preseason and my WR 5 and 6 is Porter and K. Walter.. Not too bad..

Hi Randall...

I couldn't believe what was falling to me. My starting lineup would be rounded out with Heap (if healthy), Seahawks, and S. Graham...

Heap is the only pick in my draft I am not crazy about. I also got Pierre Thomas and Kevin Jones for insurance since my draft was so early in the preseason and my WR 5 and 6 is Porter and K. Walter.. Not too bad..

I had a team like that in a Packer fans league, was dominating everyone then got knocked out the playoffs. What's ironic is I won the super bowl with my worst team. :wacko:

He is fast becoming a wild card. I have #5 in my local, and I'm already thinking of going Moss-Romo-Ricky 1,2 & 3 for a fun gamble this year.

One has to wonder how much of last year's 'torrid pace' that Brown put up was a result of line play that Ricky may or may not benefit from this year.

Still, any guy who is The Man in what is essentially a Parcells based system is a guy to have. CMartin anyone?

4.06 54. Selly's Tricky Dicks Williams, Ricky MIA RB Wed Aug 20 9:34:26 a.m. CT 2008

Another in the 4th round. The price has gotten too high for me.

that's where he's been going, mid 4th to early 5th, he's listed as the starter, done well in preseason and once was a heck of a starting RB, if he can return to those days there will be owners counting cash.

When people talk about what round a guy goes in, is it usually in reference to a 12-team draft?

I thought that was a pretty good pick and I would've certainly scooped him up had he fallen to me in the next round. I had my draft pick queue set up and he was fourth or fifth in that list of remaining RBs.

That's an important point: that was pick 4.06 in a 16 team, which makes him #54, or 5.06 in a 12 team.

If you're in a league where a starting RB drops past the 5th in a 12 team league then you're playing with chumps including you.

Edited by Pope Flick

When people talk about what round a guy goes in, is it usually in reference to a 12-team draft?

I thought that was a pretty good pick and I would've certainly scooped him up had he fallen to me in the next round. I had my draft pick queue set up and he was fourth or fifth in that list of remaining RBs.

As Pope said it was pick 54. That was the Good vs Evil league with 16 team House and 16 team Senate conferences. He was picked in the 4th in both.

Naturally the republicans are the Evil in Good vs Evil. :wacko:

:wacko: *POOF* Back I go into "obscurity"

...good.

yet another weak response. try posting something, "fella"(that is what a forum is for) instead of just sniping with no real substance. none of these guys are gonna back you up. you're too new, and you've never even contributed a single thing to this board. nice try newbie tool, but you still have alot to learn

that's where he's been going, mid 4th to early 5th, he's listed as the starter, done well in preseason and once was a heck of a starting RB, if he can return to those days there will be owners counting cash.

Things have changed now that he's the starter. These days are gone.

9.14 142. Mercedes Bunz Williams, Ricky MIA RB Wed Jul 23 10:07:31 a.m. CT 2008

Things have changed now that he's the starter. These days are gone.

9.14 142. Mercedes Bunz Williams, Ricky MIA RB Wed Jul 23 10:07:31 a.m. CT 2008

Yup

..................... year Att Yds TD Fum Rec Yds TD

Ricky Williams 2002 352 1668 14 5 45 356 1

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do now that he is more focused on football ( hopefully )

I think his age , the team he is on and R. Brown make him a risk with a big upside

I would only draft him as my 3rd rb

He just went 8.1 in a 10 team mock I just finished. Brown still went in the 4th, so I do not know the credibility of the drafters.

Yes they are definitely behind the times. 2 weeks ago it was 9th, last week 6th now 4th from my observations in real drafts. He was a top RB 5 years ago.

7.05 77. Bearcatgreg Williams, Ricky MIA RB Tue Aug 19 1:59:29 p.m. ET 2008

A bargain considering where he's been going.

Edited by Randall