[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holy Smokes I can't believe the draft I was just in

Henry Muto

12 man league PPR. I was just in the most insane draft and it wasn't like it was a yahoo free league it cost $100 to get in. #1 overall was S-Jackson (are you kidding me ?). I wish I had the 2 pick here I would have went nuts. I had a draft earlier this year where I had the 2 pick and of course the guy took LT. Anyway in this draft some other insane picks were N-Burleson at 4.01 and then Greg Lewis at 6.01 - Am I missing something ? I know Burleson will have to be the #1 for a while but passing a lot of stud WR's there. Also Engram went round 6 with broken shoulder.

I picked from the 10 hole and got a solid team. Got R-Bush at 3.10 in PPR league.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt! If he was in camp i would not even think twice if he went #1. My thoughts are it is far from insane. I personnally do not think LT will be the FF point leader this year amoung RB's. Who...I am not sure but SJax, Westy, AP, and Addai all have equal chance and there are others....

I don't know how anyone can justify taking S-Jackson #1 overall in a mid August draft when he has not even showed up in camp and has threatened that he could hold out until Week 10 then he would come back to get his year of eligibility toward free agency (conflicting reports to if this is true or not is out there about getting the year to count) Anyway I digress. Last year in 1 of my main event drafts someone took S-Jax over LT in 1 of my leagues. He did not fair very well. Not saying that it must go the same way this year but I get the feeling that when a player misses so much time he ends up struggling and getting hurt ala Larry Johnson last year. I may not have S-Jackson on any team this year except my Dynasty league which of course I have to have him on. I have seen him drafted #1 and seen him drafted #9 in my money leagues so far. He went 9th today. In fact today's draft I had pick 3 and took AD as it went Brady #1, LT #2...oh and as far as criticizing me I am all for it. I don't mind at all when people say what they really think. In fantasy football everyone has their own opinion. I will let me results do the talking for myself. Last year I got told I was nuts when I took Randy Moss in 15 leagues....I guess that worked out ok.

Edited by Henry Muto

I don't know how anyone can justify taking S-Jackson #1 overall in a mid August draft when he has not even showed up in camp and has threatened that he could hold out until Week 10 then he would come back to get his year of eligibility toward free agency (conflicting reports to if this is true or not is out there about getting the year to count) Anyway I digress. Last year in 1 of my main event drafts someone took S-Jax over LT in 1 of my leagues. He did not fair very well. Not saying that it must go the same way this year but I get the feeling that when a player misses so much time he ends up struggling and getting hurt ala Larry Johnson last year. I may not have S-Jackson on any team this year except my Dynasty league which of course I have to have him on. I have seen him drafted #1 and seen him drafted #9 in my money leagues so far. He went 9th today. In fact today's draft I had pick 3 and took AD as it went Brady #1, LT #2...oh and as far as criticizing me I am all for it. I don't mind at all when people say what they really think. In fantasy football everyone has their own opinion. I will let me results do the talking for myself. Last year I got told I was nuts when I took Randy Moss in 15 leagues....I guess that worked out ok.

:wacko::D Moss in 15 leagues last year. Please allow me to be your apprentice. :D:D

I do not think anyone is selling the JAX over LT. I think folks do not think it is crazy. It is just a bit of a stretch considering he is not in camp.

I caught a ton of flack for drafting Ronnie Brown in the 1.07 last year and he was on course to be a top 3 back until he got injured trying to tackle someone after an interception. If you like someone, you get them. Obviously, the person that took SJax #1 wanted to be a pioneer.

12 man league PPR. I was just in the most insane draft and it wasn't like it was a yahoo free league it cost $100 to get in. #1 overall was S-Jackson (are you kidding me ?). I wish I had the 2 pick here I would have went nuts. I had a draft earlier this year where I had the 2 pick and of course the guy took LT. Anyway in this draft some other insane picks were N-Burleson at 4.01 and then Greg Lewis at 6.01 - Am I missing something ? I know Burleson will have to be the #1 for a while but passing a lot of stud WR's there. Also Engram went round 6 with broken shoulder.

I picked from the 10 hole and got a solid team. Got R-Bush at 3.10 in PPR league.

As said above, SJax was the #1 RB a couple years ago in some PPR leagues. He's productive on a per-game basis, though his injury issues would scare ME off from 1.1. But there isn't any reason to think he can't put together another season like '06. I'd tier him solidly #2, below LT and AD (in that order) but it isn't the worst pick I've ever seen.

I'm a little more surprised at you beating your chest of R Bush as your RB2 at 3.10. The guy leaves me cold.