[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McFadden doubters (haters)

Seahawks21

Just wondering if any of you that have been trying to tell me how bad McFadden is going to be in the NFL are coming around yet? Of course I couldn't care less about preseason numbers, but.....

He looks thicker in pads than I thought.

He runs with more body lean than most people anticipate.

The most encouraging part to me so far is that he is making his living between the tackles thus far.

I think a lot of people had the perception that since he played some at QB in college, he must play upright and must only be successful on the perimeter.

Just wondering if all of the people that have been touting Stewart and Forte as the real backs of this draft have started to slightly change their thinking.

Edited by Seahawks21

My biggest downfall for several years after the OAK Superbowl was overrating Oakland players and constantly thinking "Hey, this year... they look like they could be good!"

Unfortunately, I'm thinking that again, and I know I shouldn't.

They had an effective running game (FF wise) last year.

i think mcfadden is the real deal, noone can even say that about jon stewart because of his injury!!

mcfadden took on one of the best run defenses in the league head on, averaging 5 yards a carry.

Other than being big like stephan davis, what has stewart done?

Toe injuries in football are no joke and who knows how this will affect stewart, now and in the future.

I was a bit skeptical of the idea that he would be a big time, every down back, inspite of his talent but I just recently drafted(PPR) him assuming he would at the very least get involved with the passing game and make some big plays. I know it's just pre-season but the game yesterday made me feel very good about my picking him. Obviously, the jury is still out regarding durability but there is no question the guy is a weapon and the Raiders plan to get a lot of use out him.

I was a bit skeptical of the idea that he would be a big time, every down back, inspite of his talent but I just recently drafted(PPR) him assuming he would at the very least get involved with the passing game and make some big plays. I know it's just pre-season but the game yesterday made me feel very good about my picking him. Obviously, the jury is still out regarding durability but there is no question the guy is a weapon and the Raiders plan to get a lot of use out him.

I would think a guy getting that many touches in the SEC without big injury issues should soften the concern a bit. Of course, anybody can get hurt at any time, but I think he has proven enough to where he shouldn't be considered a major injury risk or "fragile" at this point.

Regardless of what McF shows in the preseason, I will not change my mind because they have Fargas who ran for 1000 last year, and a healthy Bush that should steal some short yardage/GL carries. McF will be good, but not the top 7 you predeict. Not this year. :wacko:

I know this is dangerously close to asking for advice, but hypothetically speaking.....if you're sitting there in the 5th round looking to pick up the first rookie RB for upside, who goes first now, Stew or McFadden?

I'm not coming around...he'll be an average NFL back until the Raiders OL gets better...

see: Reggie Bush

I drafted him at 1.2 in a 16 team dynasty, with serious reservations. But, comparing him to R Bush is like comparing a red ripe tomato from the garden to sweet green pepper... or even a scotch bonnet! Bush will always be a scat back, not a Barber or Dunn type, while McFadden has no such limitations. Bush is the hot pepper.... he'll sting whne you let him take too bo a bite.... but McFadden is the meat and tomato RB.... not one dimensional like Bush. Bush will always be a CoP, change of direction RB. McFadden can run thrugh tackles AND g outside.

In a dynasty, McFadden is golden.... in a redraft, at #3 rb most likely.

But, comparing him to R Bush is like comparing a red ripe tomato from the garden to sweet green pepper... or even a scotch bonnet! Bush will always be a scat back, not a Barber or Dunn type, while McFadden has no such limitations. Bush is the hot pepper.... he'll sting whne you let him take too bo a bite.... but McFadden is the meat and tomato RB.... not one dimensional like Bush.

I lost you for a minute there...

:wacko:

I drafted him at 1.2 in a 16 team dynasty, with serious reservations. But, comparing him to R Bush is like comparing a red ripe tomato from the garden to sweet green pepper... or even a scotch bonnet! Bush will always be a scat back, not a Barber or Dunn type, while McFadden has no such limitations. Bush is the hot pepper.... he'll sting whne you let him take too bo a bite.... but McFadden is the meat and tomato RB.... not one dimensional like Bush. Bush will always be a CoP, change of direction RB. McFadden can run thrugh tackles AND g outside.

In a dynasty, McFadden is golden.... in a redraft, at #3 rb most likely.

I'm saying the way he will be used and what type of numbers he will produce...

I'm saying the way he will be used and what type of numbers he will produce...

Yep, we thought McPherson would be a RBBC... and he was. Not sayin McFadden will be as succesdsful, not at all, but as the year goes on, his touches will go up. Reminds me of Portis' rookie year. I was roundly critisized for taking him late in the second round that year in my local, and he was why I won the supe that year.

I think he is one of thosre special players, and the cream always rises to the top.By week 4, he starts over Fargas, and by week ten, he's the feature back. A lot lie Portis in his rookie year.... natch, just me and my bullchit crystal ball talkin here...

Yep, we thought McPherson would be a RBBC... and he was. Not sayin McFadden will be as succesdsful, not at all, but as the year goes on, his touches will go up. Reminds me of Portis' rookie year. I was roundly critisized for taking him late in the second round that year in my local, and he was why I won the supe that year.

I think he is one of thosre special players, and the cream always rises to the top.By week 4, he starts over Fargas, and by week ten, he's the feature back. A lot lie Portis in his rookie year.... natch, just me and my bullchit crystal ball talkin here...

I did the same thing with Portis in 02....I got him in the 3rd...but I think the reason I took Portis so high was the Denver system and OL.....the Raiders system and OL both suck right now...

if the OL was average and the system had an established QB I would have no problem putting McFadden in my top 15....but the Raiders are still a mess IMO until they address the line on both sides of the ball...

I've watched a little bit of McFadden and am getting more and more impressed with him. Not sure why everyone's suddently so hi on Fargas. He's been nothing but a backup his entire career, with injuries and below average production until last year when actualy does something. If Fargas is the starter at the beginning of the season, he won't be for long. I could easily see Fargas ending up as the #3 back and Bush moving up to #2 with Fargas taking over most of the load. He's better than I thought and has an extremely high ceiling.

I've watched a little bit of McFadden and am getting more and more impressed with him. Not sure why everyone's suddently so hi on Fargas. He's been nothing but a backup his entire career, with injuries and below average production until last year when actualy does something. If Fargas is the starter at the beginning of the season, he won't be for long. I could easily see Fargas ending up as the #3 back and Bush moving up to #2 with Fargas taking over most of the load. He's better than I thought and has an extremely high ceiling.

That's certainly my opinion. Yes, Fargas had good runs last year... but that speaks well for the system. Why start oatmeal and leave steak and eggs on the bench?

McFadden will start, and he'll be good.

Comparing McFadden to Bush? In terms of style? Seriously?? Come on. Watch some football. McFadden is a north and south runner. Bush is not. McFadden runs between the tackles, Bush does not. Bush lines up in the slot, McFadden rarely does. Other than the facts that they are both fast, and were both high draft picks, these two have very little in common. I am not jumping on anyone for thinking McFadden will be a bust, but these comparisons to Bush are completely ridiculous. Watch some football.

Edited by Seahawks21