[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NATE BURLESON

michaelman

Is anyone else uncontrollably ecstatic about NATE BURLESON?

Deep threat Option #1 for Matt hass.. a GREAT underrated QB.. in a pass oriented offense...

Bobby Engram is out 6-8 weeks... replaced by rookies...

NATE is a GREAT returner..

The Only thing I can imagine that's keeping everyone from going off on him... is the possibility that they might not want to risk losing their ONLY veteran WR... and STRIP his return chances?... that would suck...

Any News on that? or opinions? I was offering Him and Roddy white (Another great WR).. for a #1 WR... and I realized .. omg.. these two guys have HUGE potential for breakouts this year...

First of all, Burleson has already lost his return gig. At least on kickoffs. Holmgren can't afford to lose the only receiver with significant playing time that he has left.

Uncontrollably ecstatic and Nate Burleson should not belong in the same sentence.

Sure, opportunities will be there for the first handful of weeks, but we aren't talking about a guy that is talented or refined enough to a consistent big-time producer. He still runs horrible routes, quits after three seconds of a play, has very questionable hands, and has repeatedly lost any trust he has tried to build up with his quarterback. He will be startable due to opportunity alone, but there is zero chance that he turns this opportunity into stud-dom.

Sure, opportunities will be there for the first handful of weeks, but we aren't talking about a guy that is talented or refined enough to a consistent big-time producer. He still runs horrible routes, quits after three seconds of a play, has very questionable hands, and has repeatedly lost any trust he has tried to build up with his quarterback. He will be startable due to opportunity alone, but there is zero chance that he turns this opportunity into stud-dom.

I agree with everything but what's in bold. There's a possibility he puts up WR2 numbers, but I admit I liked him better as a mid-round sleeper with Bobby Engram healthy.

The value in weeks 1-3 will be with whoever Hasselbeck develops a repoire with among the young WRs who won't get the coverage Burleson will.

I

The value in weeks 1-3 will be with whoever Hasselbeck develops a repoire with among the young WRs who won't get the coverage Burleson will.

Agreed. Obomanu is the most recognizable name, and will most likely be the only one drafted in your draft, but Courtney Taylor is the only one that has run with the #1's all camp long, and my money is on him being the guy that "breaks out".

apparently everyone is on the Burleson band wagon. In my last 3 drafts he has gone as high as pick 4.01 (37th overall 12 man league) and has been going in round 5 in all the others. Personally I prefer a more proven guy but hey that's just me. Did you just say R-White is a ANOTHER great WR ?????????????? Not sure who you play with but if they trade you a legit #1 WR for those 2 then I would be shocked. R-White is a decent WR playing in a horrible offense. Not my idea of a guy who I want as my top 3 WR's

Edited by Henry Muto

apparently everyone is on the Burleson band wagon. In my last 3 drafts he has gone as high as pick 4.01 (37th overall 12 man league) and has been going in round 5 in all the others. Personally I prefer a more proven guy but hey that's just me. Did you just say R-White is a ANOTHER great WR ?????????????? Not sure who you play with but if they trade you a legit #1 WR for those 2 then I would be shocked. R-White is a decent WR playing in a horrible offense. Not my idea of a guy who I want as my top 3 WR's

If an owner has a legit #1 stud (Owens, Edwards etc...)but no one else - then trading away that stud for 2 WRs who are both the #1 on their team with hugh upside is not a bad idea. Not saying I would or wouldn't, but it's not really all that ridiciulous. Most leagues start 3 WRs so getting 2 potential studs for one is a great medium risk/high reward trade. RW is the real deal, if anyone can get him the ball and their line can be average, I see him getting stud-like #s.

$.02

Never in Nate's career has he had to get separation from the other teams "best" corner. Nate is not a great route runner and I don't see him posting consistent numbers against the #1 corner. Once Deion Branch and Bobby come back then it will free him up a bit and Holmgren will put him on the return teams again. Nate is a WR3 if he's running back kicks, if he's not , he's a WR4 at best.

Agreed. Obomanu is the most recognizable name, and will most likely be the only one drafted in your draft, but Courtney Taylor is the only one that has run with the #1's all camp long, and my money is on him being the guy that "breaks out".

Burleson hasn't sniffed 1000 yds since '04, despite being fairly healthy. If he's available in-season and I have an emergency, I'll break the glass, but I'd prefer to take a chance on a guy getting his first shot - Courtney Taylor. We know that Burleson isn't worth much; Taylor will probably come cheaper since he's under the radar and has upside.

Never in Nate's career has he had to get separation from the other teams "best" corner. Nate is not a great route runner and I don't see him posting consistent numbers against the #1 corner. Once Deion Branch and Bobby come back then it will free him up a bit and Holmgren will put him on the return teams again. Nate is a WR3 if he's running back kicks, if he's not , he's a WR4 at best.

Actually, when Moss got hurt in Minny, he drew the #1 CB, and had a career year, catching the ball from that HoF QB called CPep, remember him?

OK, so it wasn't even for a full season, and he hasn't put up numbers like that since, but just sayin...

Burleson hasn't sniffed 1000 yds since '04, despite being fairly healthy. If he's available in-season and I have an emergency, I'll break the glass, but I'd prefer to take a chance on a guy getting his first shot - Courtney Taylor. We know that Burleson isn't worth much; Taylor will probably come cheaper since he's under the radar and has upside.

The problem is figuring out the young guy who will benefit, my money is on Jordan Kent.

Hm... As far as going up against the "best" corners of other teams.... are you sure about this?....

Hasn't he just always started as WR1 at SEA?

or at least didn't he go against "best" corner when he was the main guy at MIN? pulled out a 1000 yard season out of 3.

No, as far as I know, Nate has played very few downs as the #1. First, it was DJax, then Deion Branch, then after Branch got hurt, Engram ran the #1 spot for the most part. They moved Burleson and Engram around last year, so I guess he did play some at the Z when Engram moved inside, but that was only on 3-wides. He has never really been anything more than a #3 or #4 WR since he has been here.

The problem is figuring out the young guy who will benefit, my money is on Jordan Kent.

Easy Tiger. While I certainly agree that Kent has almost limitless upside, you have to remember that he was working with his scout team QB last night. He has had a year of practice with Frye. I doubt he and Hasselbeck have worked much at all. Kent is on the come, and should DEFINITELY be on dynasty radars, but he has quite a few steps left to go before he has a breakout season. He still has to find a way to make the gameday roster at least once. He has the most born ability of the group, but Taylor and Obomanu have worked extensively with the 1s, especially Taylor this season. I think you probably also have to have Logan Payne a few steps ahead of Kent still. I share your enthusiasm for Kent, I've had my sights set on him since the day we got him, but slow down. He still has only played football at any level for three years now. He is improving very quickly and getting closer, but he still has miles to go.

Easy Tiger. While I certainly agree that Kent has almost limitless upside, you have to remember that he was working with his scout team QB last night. He has had a year of practice with Frye. I doubt he and Hasselbeck have worked much at all. Kent is on the come, and should DEFINITELY be on dynasty radars, but he has quite a few steps left to go before he has a breakout season. He still has to find a way to make the gameday roster at least once. He has the most born ability of the group, but Taylor and Obomanu have worked extensively with the 1s, especially Taylor this season. I think you probably also have to have Logan Payne a few steps ahead of Kent still. I share your enthusiasm for Kent, I've had my sights set on him since the day we got him, but slow down. He still has only played football at any level for three years now. He is improving very quickly and getting closer, but he still has miles to go.

:D

Yea, but he was making plays in the "1st and 3rd quarters when defenses are at there strongest." :wacko:

I could have sworn I saw him catching a TD pass from Hasselbeck in the first quarter a week ago. With Engram and Branch PUP'd to start the season, Kent will make the roster there Tiger. If his ability to effectively play the slot last night was any indication, I see him with a solid shot of being the primary beneficiary until the starters get back.

Edited by bushwacked