[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tell me this was tongue in cheek...

detlef

great weapons and a somewhat improving OL......sure, why not...

Orlovsky probably has a higher ceiling too....he just has to play decent 1st and then work from there...Kitna isn't exactly spring chicken, nor is he an iron man....

Seriously?

Well, for starters, unless you're in a league larger than 12, he's probably not even your starter to begin with. In fact, in 10 team drafts, Kitna himself is going round 12 or so. Even if you're in a big league and he is your starter, he is because you waited on a QB figuring that you'd grab the "worst" of the starting crop and then grab another right away just in case he sucks. That means you take Kitna at 10 or so (if that early) and then grab Culter, Shaub, Rodgers, etc. in the next round or so.

At least where I come from, a handcuff is a guy you pick up because you've got a top notch starter in a great situation who's back up would be bound to put up at least very, very good numbers were he to go down.

I guess I've never thought that a guy who's barely worth starting to begin with is that sort of player.

Probably was tongue in cheek but what was Derek Anderson a year ago? He also had good weapons but couldn't beat out Charlie Fry.

Right, and who amongst us who actually even drafted Frye in the 16th round thought, "Damn it! There's no more rounds left so I can't grab this guy's back-up!"

great weapons and a somewhat improving OL......sure, why not...

Are those weapons really that great? I'd call Roy Williams an under achiever, Calvin Johnson promising. Both have the potential, but I wouldn't even call them good at this point. Beyond that I can honestly say that Tatum Bell and Kevin Smith put no fear in me what-so-ever.

Are those weapons really that great? I'd call Roy Williams an under achiever, Calvin Johnson promising. Both have the potential, but I wouldn't even call them good at this point. Beyond that I can honestly say that Tatum Bell and Kevin Smith put no fear in me what-so-ever.

you're correct about Roy, but he can still make big plays effortlessly....and Calvin is stepping up this year....plus McDonald and Furrey aren't exactly slouches either...

he can go 4 wide and hit any of those guys...there isn't a "weak link"....even if Roy underachieves...I still see Calvin as a beast this year which will make Roy step up...

Seriously?

Well, for starters, unless you're in a league larger than 12, he's probably not even your starter to begin with. In fact, in 10 team drafts, Kitna himself is going round 12 or so. Even if you're in a big league and he is your starter, he is because you waited on a QB figuring that you'd grab the "worst" of the starting crop and then grab another right away just in case he sucks. That means you take Kitna at 10 or so (if that early) and then grab Culter, Shaub, Rodgers, etc. in the next round or so.

At least where I come from, a handcuff is a guy you pick up because you've got a top notch starter in a great situation who's back up would be bound to put up at least very, very good numbers were he to go down.

I guess I've never thought that a guy who's barely worth starting to begin with is that sort of player.

I've thought about doing this with Leinart....when a QB is surrounded by weapons and the back-up can get the job done as well as, if not better than the starter then I will consider drafting his backup late if I feel confident in my lineup....

I thought about taking Warner to go with Leinart to back-up McNabb......it's not as crazy as it sounds because you never know what is going to happen and it's not a situation where the QB is overly great, he just happens to be in an offense where the 2 starting WR's can get 1000+ yds each...

I've thought about doing this with Leinart....when a QB is surrounded by weapons and the back-up can get the job done as well as, if not better than the starter then I will consider drafting his backup late if I feel confident in my lineup....

I thought about taking Warner to go with Leinart to back-up McNabb......it's not as crazy as it sounds because you never know what is going to happen and it's not a situation where the QB is overly great, he just happens to be in an offense where the 2 starting WR's can get 1000+ yds each...

Agree 100%. There are not many teams with two top notch (or potentially top notch) WRs.

Seriously?

I had a hard time reading most of the responses after this word pretty much summed up any opinion that could have any value. :wacko:

So...Seriously?????

I had Kitna as my #1 QB last year in a league and he was in a Mike Martz offense. AND HE SUCKED!

Um...I'm not wasting a draft pick or a roster spot on his freakin' backup. :D At this point I consider myself lucky I haven't had to waste either on Kitna himself!