[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Sleepers

gasface

well it's just that no one individual on that team has racked up the tackles

What do you mean by "rack up"? What's the cutoff line for solo/assists for one to be "racking up" tackles?

'Cuz Landon Johnson, by all accounts a nobody, put up 109 total (71/38) last season.

Now, that's nowhere near Patrick Willis or DeMeco Ryans or Brian Urlacher territory, but you're probably off base if you think Rivers (or anyone else on the Bengal defense) is going to put up those kinds of numbers.

I could see both Dhani Jones AND Keith Rivers putting up around 100 total apiece. That said, Jones is probably the "sleeper" out of this pair, if only because most redrafters are usually on top of the "top rookies".

What do you mean by "rack up"? What's the cutoff line for solo/assists for one to be "racking up" tackles?

'Cuz Landon Johnson, by all accounts a nobody, put up 109 total (71/38) last season.

Now, that's nowhere near Patrick Willis or DeMeco Ryans or Brian Urlacher territory, but you're probably off base if you think Rivers (or anyone else on the Bengal defense) is going to put up those kinds of numbers.

I could see both Dhani Jones AND Keith Rivers putting up around 100 total apiece. That said, Jones is probably the "sleeper" out of this pair, if only because most redrafters are usually on top of the "top rookies".

Darin is right here.....but I'll throw two more variables in there. Cincy's OLine looks horrible. Meaning....I think the Defense stands a chance of being on the field much more than last year. But the DBs look mediocre at best.....I think teams will pass a LOT on this team. So fewer opportunities for LBs to make a play? We'll see. I STILL can't get behind Cincy letting Madieu, Landon and Justin go.....incredible. :wacko:

yeah, i'd say around 100 solo's is racking up. depends what you call a sleeper. i'd say any rookie who comes in and get's 100 solo's is a bit of a sleeper, espescially when you don't know if they'll hold their position, Beason seems obvious now, but last year there was alot of uncertainty. there are no guarantees with rookies.

also depends on league size. i'm in a smaller league, where IDP's don't run so deep.

Edited by hooknladder

yeah, i'd say around 100 solo's is racking up. depends what you call a sleeper. i'd say any rookie who comes in and get's 100 solo's is a bit of a sleeper, espescially when you don't know if they'll hold their position, Beason seems obvious now, but last year there was alot of uncertainty. there are no guarantees with rookies.

also depends on league size. i'm in a smaller league, where IDP's don't run so deep.

Reading comprehension, 101.

I didn't say 100 solos. I said 100 TOTAL.

:wacko:

whats going on with lofton on atl?

is he gonna start?

also dizon on detroit

As of right now, Lofton is the starter in the middle and could have a huge year.

As for Dizon, he's getting looks at both the SAM and MIKE apparently, depending on what depth chart site you want to trust. My guess is that he locks down the MLB spot at some point between now and Week 4.

As of right now, Lofton is the starter in the middle and could have a huge year.

As for Dizon, he's getting looks at both the SAM and MIKE apparently, depending on what depth chart site you want to trust. My guess is that he locks down the MLB spot at some point between now and Week 4.

Couldn't his production be limited if he is coming off the field in passing situations? Of course I am not sure teams are going to be forced to pass a ton against the Falcons to stay in the game and the DEF should be on the field a lot so maybe a 2 down guy can still put up solid numbers. Where would you put him right now - LB2/3 with any LB1/2 upside?

Everything I have seen either has him seeing 2nd team reps or splitting reps with Tony Taylor.

Couldn't his production be limited if he is coming off the field in passing situations? Of course I am not sure teams are going to be forced to pass a ton against the Falcons to stay in the game and the DEF should be on the field a lot so maybe a 2 down guy can still put up solid numbers. Where would you put him right now - LB2/3 with any LB1/2 upside?

See below.

Everything I have seen either has him seeing 2nd team reps or splitting reps with Tony Taylor.

FBG has him as the starter, with Taylor backing up. Per their "color coding", Taylor isn't even cutting into Lofton's time. This could be stale info, of course. :D NFL.com has Lofton as the starter too.

However, peeking at CBS's depth chart, Taylor is the starter. :wacko: Ditto with The Washington Post (which I think you like a lot), Yahoo, ESPN and the Falcons' site, which I would imagine has updated info. LocalSports, which keg loves, also has Taylor running with the first team.

That said, it looks like the situation is far more cloudy than I thought (or cloudier than it was last time I put serious research into the situation).

Either way, Lofton's a decent choice in redraft leagues as a backup LB.

i know what you said. I'M saying 100 solo's. not sure why all this hostility from you lately. i don't recall us ever having a problem before.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Keith Bullock and Robert Mathis are both big potential "sleepers" this year (that is, likely to greatly top their performances from last year) which is why I got them both this year. Mathis is the one I think many have forgotten about and with Freeney injured, will likely get better sack opportunities.

I think Keith Bullock and Robert Mathis are both big potential "sleepers" this year (that is, likely to greatly top their performances from last year) which is why I got them both this year. Mathis is the one I think many have forgotten about and with Freeney injured, will likely get better sack opportunities.

Hate to play spoiler here, but I have a few points of disagreement here. I actually liked both Bulluck and Mathis as guys that may out-perform '07 stats, but only due to the fact that both were hurt this past season, and appear (generally) healthy now.

Bulluck was dinged in pre-season, and has given way to David Thornton as the defensive captain (well, Thornton's wearing the play-calling headset). Bulluck appears to be on the decline, it seems. Of course, Bulluck has been a fantasy stud for years, and it wouldn't be too big of a shock if he rebounded, but it would also not be a shock if his game continues to decline - due to injury or otherwise.

As for Mathis, he's healthy this year, which is good... but having a dinged Freeney on the other side will actually mean that Mathis will have LESS sack opportunities. Mathis enjoyed having to deal with no double teams, and usually lined up against the weaker of offensive linemen. He'll still have a pretty solid season, but I wouldn't expect huge numbers like the ilk of Kampman, Schobel, Cole, etc.

proceed with caution on lenon....he is very likely to lose his starting gig to the rookie at some point this season

Thanks for the thoughts on Lenon. I will keep an eye on that. However I got him in the last round so it won't kill me.