[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SOFA Season Continues

WJW

Our annual SOFA expert/professional league live drafts and auction are this week. Here are the times and draft page links if you wish to follow along live.

SOFA Classic

Tuesday, Aug. 19th - 4:00pm PT / 7:00pm ET

I'll be drafting for The Huddle

Draft Report

SOFA Ten (new 10-team league)

Thursday, Aug. 21st - 4:00pm PT / 7:00pm ET

John Tuvey will be drafting for The Huddle

Draft Report

David Dorey will be taking on the competition in the SOFA Auction Wednesday evening. No live reporting is available, however the results (along with the other SOFA results) will be posted on the site.

Darin Tietgen has been drafting for us in the email style IDP league draft that started last week. You can see how he's doing here.

I will be watching this tonight. Is there any way to talk during the draft to the drafters ? I see the huddle has the #3 pick. I am assuming it will be Westbrook or Peterson. Is this league a real leauge (with monye on the line) or is it just some mock draft that really won't matter.

I will be watching this tonight. Is there any way to talk during the draft to the drafters ? I see the huddle has the #3 pick. I am assuming it will be Westbrook or Peterson. Is this league a real leauge (with monye on the line) or is it just some mock draft that really won't matter.

SOFA is the oldest experts league and is indpendent of any site although we operate it.

All SOFA leagues are played out and has all the best sites on the internet competing.

The Huddle takes Westbrook at pick 3 as expected. We have our 1st reach of the draft as KFFL takes Larry Johnson at 10th pick. We also have our 1st major steal as Randy Moss goes 11th to RotoWorld.

Edited by Henry Muto

Forte in the 3rd round to Masterminds....that is a huge reach in my book...................

Gates 1st TE off the board in the mid 4th round....I am surprised a little he is the 1st TE off consdering his injury situation.

FSP's team looks a little weak right off the bat from the 6 hole going Portis, B-Edwards, Calv-Johnson, Jennings.

Portis picked a little high, Calvin and Jennings a lot high.

FOUR rounds are in the books and it only took 1 hour.....................................

I had a 20 round 12 man draft a few days ago take 2 hours and 10 mins.

You would think "experts" could pick a little faster

more reaches takes place in round 5....Lee Evans to Sports Weekly....I guess he likes the 3 games of double digit points to go along with other singe digit point games.

FFToday goes with 2 RB's in time shares with rounds 5/6 with L-White and D-Williams....2 players picked a lot higher then in my drafts I have done so far

two surprise 6th round mid choices as an injured Rudi Johnson and J. Stewart go. Not afraid of Rudi's injuries I guess.

2 players apprently rising fast up the board are Chirs Johnson of Tenn and Ricky "smokey" Williams. They go on back to back picks to start round 7.

Edited by Henry Muto

Wow Javon "I want to retire and can't catch a pass" Walker just went in mid round 8.............didn't see that coming. He doesn't usually get drafted until round 12-15 as a flyer now adays.

devin hester round 9 ? I got him round 18 in 1 of my drafts.

Edited by Henry Muto

i like his commentary!! keep it up

i will say this and i will never forget it. let me start.

so huddlers nationwide are watching this draft2 years ago. late 2nd round the huddle was up, p. manning was there, among other awesome players.

THE HUDDLE TAKES FRANK GORE!!!

WE WERE ALL LIKE It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men!!!!

needless to say the crystal ball worked then, that was the year he blew the F up!! TOP 3!!

They are experts and the huddle almost always places in this tournament.

Footballinjuries/fantasy guru does well also

as i look at this, i can see the huge difference between drafting early and later.

my league drafted 1st week of aug. almost half of this sofa draft went well later!! sidney rice went like round 14/15

i'm in one tough ass league though, 20 of the first 29 picks were rbs!! you dont see that often, but ive seen experts almost mirror our draft

I enjoy reading the MFL draft recaps on these things. Lol at it saying Mike Krueger had a rotten draft. What do they really think? No reason to hold back now. WW was only unfortunate and not rotten. :wacko: Some of those guys could learn a few things from Walter but here they are rating his draft.

Edited by MikesVikes

I enjoy reading the MFL draft recaps on these things. Lol at it saying Mike Krueger had a rotten draft. What do they really think? No reason to hold back now. WW was only unfortunate and not rotten. :wacko: Some of those guys could learn a few things from Walter but here they are rating his draft.

Mike, you do realize the MFL draft recap thing is fully automated and based on ADP information across all MFL drafts, right?

I knew that but why do you ask?

"Some of those guys could learn a few things from Walter but here they are rating his draft."

When I read this, it sounded like you were suggesting those recaps were done by a real person who might not be very savvy. I've obviously misunderstood your intent. My apologies.

"Some of those guys could learn a few things from Walter but here they are rating his draft."

When I read this, it sounded like you were suggesting those recaps were done by a real person who might not be very savvy. I've obviously misunderstood your intent. My apologies.

In the ladder league all 12 of those recaps said with a little bit of work in the waver wire Franchise X could wind up as the league champion. But here it says Franchise X totally F'd up his draft. I just noticed the subtle difference, but it wasn't all that subtle. :wacko: