[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pride over Money...

dfv87

We are trying a new league this year with 8 guys for NO Money! The only cost is next year the winner gets treated by the losers to a Vikes game including beer food etc. :D

My buddies and I have been playing in various leagues the past 10 years and recently because of multiple leagues we haven't been in 1 single league with all of us. In an effort to increase our trash talk emails we came up with this idea. Anybody do something similar to this? We also had thought about a Vegas League where all the money goes toward a Vegas weekend but the wives club thought that might be over the top. We are all old married men now so that kind of stuff gets us in trouble. :wacko:

Almost.

I have a college league where the dues are a small fee of $25 and we pick a different city each year to travel to and do a live draft. We live it up like kings - nice dinners, baseball games, golf, etc.. We all easily drop a grand that weekend. We have it setup to where a monkey can basically draft a good team mainly because it's all about the trash talk throughout the year and the live draft.

Almost.

I have a college league where the dues are a small fee of $25 and we pick a different city each year to travel to and do a live draft. We live it up like kings - nice dinners, baseball games, golf, etc.. We all easily drop a grand that weekend. We have it setup to where a monkey can basically draft a good team mainly because it's all about the trash talk throughout the year and the live draft.

That's my kind of league!

My local is made up of 12 good friends. I think over the past 12 years or so we've had 3 people drop out only to be replaced by another friend of a friend type of deal. The draft is a great day of food, booze,( few pinners) , trash talk and general rowdiness.The money we collect during the season is used for a hugh SB party and that too is an all day event.

We have a pretty decent payout but the real payoff is the plaque we pass around with the winners name on it from all the years and the recent winner gets to keep it for the whole year. On the plaque we have a name plate which has "so and so defeated so and so" and the year. For 3 straight years I was on that plaque but on the wrong end of the "so an so defeated so and so" plate. The year I won and finally had my name out front was probably one of the top ten things that I am most proud of in my adult life.

Sad I know but what can I say :wacko:

The pride and trash talking rights is great. But both of my local leagues, you win a good size pot [$1000 for one and $2800 minus costs of draft food and mid year party for the other]. I love getting that nice big chunk of cash for my own use.