[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boldin asks for trade

Kansas State 2000

The biggest quarrel I have with the Eagles is they appear happy to be good and competitive but rarely go out on a limb to be great. Sure the TO situation ended babdly but they went to the SB and had a chance to win it all. If you're team is close to realistically compete for the SB go for it. How many years can that organization sit back and watch those sorry azz WR's? Is McNabb supposed to run around and scramble in his older age and wait for someone to get open forever? How about giving him some toys to play with once and for all.

As far as the Eagles being cheap....well they are. I realize owners need to run a profitable business. But if you buy a sports franchise, winning a championship better be a high priority. Top 3rd in salary cap usage isn't a big deal for a major market team and top 5 in the last 8 seasons doesn't say much either. I'm not saying they have to hit the salary cap every year and give out foolish contracts. I'd just like them to go for the gusto a bit more and fill the WR void that's been haunting this organization for years.

Boldin fits the void whether this trade is realistic or not.

+1

The biggest quarrel I have with the Eagles is they appear happy to be good and competitive but rarely go out on a limb to be great. Sure the TO situation ended babdly but they went to the SB and had a chance to win it all. If you're team is close to realistically compete for the SB go for it. How many years can that organization sit back and watch those sorry azz WR's? Is McNabb supposed to run around and scramble in his older age and wait for someone to get open forever? How about giving him some toys to play with once and for all.

As far as the Eagles being cheap....well they are. I realize owners need to run a profitable business. But if you buy a sports franchise, winning a championship better be a high priority. Top 3rd in salary cap usage isn't a big deal for a major market team and top 5 in the last 8 seasons doesn't say much either. I'm not saying they have to hit the salary cap every year and give out foolish contracts. I'd just like them to go for the gusto a bit more and fill the WR void that's been haunting this organization for years.

Boldin fits the void whether this trade is realistic or not.

Too say the rarely go out on a limb to be great, after signing FA's Owens, Runyan, Samuel, and bucking-up without hesitation for their own All-Pro Westbrook so he wouldn't hold-out (even when they didn't have to)? They offered Randy Moss more money than New England....he stayed put. They tried to trade for disgruntled WRs Fitzgerald and Williams, but the asking prices made no sense. Wasn't at all about money.

Your analysis of running a profitable business is off-base a tad. There is a salary cap in football, and you can only spend so much. The Eagles are at or near the top of the list every season....period. Most NFL teams sell-out each game, or come very close to doing it, so the Eagles aren't making drastically more than tennesee (for instance) in ticket sales. Other than that, its internal marketing that drives income as each team tries to sell a better-than-fair-share of merchandise/advertising revenue/etc...the Eagles do an excellent job of this.

I do agree that Boldin would be an excellent addition....but the Cards ain't trading him, unless they get (reportedly) a #1 and additional compensation in the form of more draft picks or a player they want (they reportedly DON'T want Sheppard).