[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Curtis injured

Hugh-mongus

Joe Horn is garbage. I would rather they sign T-Glenn.. At least there is some speed there and that is what the Eagles need. Horn is done.

They will try to make a trade in the next several days and if they can't, you can bank on one of the two mentioned above getting signed.

Interesting here...plus, Glenn would not mind (I am sure) playing Dallas twice a year.

They both suck!

LOL... I agree... But this is realisticaly what we are looking at if we are trying to add someone. This blows. Unfortunately, it takes 2 willing parties to pull off a trade and it has not seemed as if Arizona or Detroit are willing to trade Boldin or Roy. So, that means we would either add one of these left-over scrubs or deal with the scrubs they already have.

Brown - Average speed, dropsies

Avant - Average speed, ok hands nothing special

Baskett - Slow, big, good hands

Desean - Rookie, great speed, 170lbs, what can you expect out of him?

The Eagles need someone that can stretch the field a bit. Jackson is the only one that can do it and he is an undersized rookie. So, in a battle of the free agent scrubs. Terry Glenn wins in my book. I think the Birds are screwed either way unless they can somehow work out a trade.

Is Hank Baskett so far down the depth chart he would get no consideration?

Baskett and Lewis are splitting time at his spot in the pre-season and there has been no word on which player will start there..

I think Jackson is primed for the slot regardless of what happens and Lewis now won't have to worry about being cut like rumors have implied...

LOL... I agree... But this is realisticaly what we are looking at if we are trying to add someone. This blows. Unfortunately, it takes 2 willing parties to pull off a trade and it has not seemed as if Arizona or Detroit are willing to trade Boldin or Roy. So, that means we would either add one of these left-over scrubs or deal with the scrubs they already have.

The Eagles need someone that can stretch the field a bit. Jackson is the only one that can do it and he is an undersized rookie. So, in a battle of the free agent scrubs. Terry Glenn wins in my book. I think the Birds are screwed either way unless they can somehow work out a trade.

I think Eagles just end up keeping Greg lewis instead of letting him go and then put Baskett where Curtis was and keep everything else the same with Avant in the 4 spot with Lewis spelling whoever in specific packages...

What is it with Eagles players and sports hernias? I believe in the last 2 years McNabb, LJ Smith, Avant and now Curtis have dealt with the issue. I don't remember many players outside of Philly dealing with this particular injury.

it's code for heroine addiction and spending time in rehab...

Anyone put much stock in the fact that baskett is in a "contract year" ?

Wait until he has his surgery tomorrow. Once they get in there and review the damage, the doctors will probably have a better time frame for recovery.

A member of the doctor's surgical team was on the radio with Eskin this afternoon for about 20 minutes, talking at length about the surgery. He said the average recovery time for Curtis' type of hernia is 3-6 weeks...with six weeks being "back to full speed"....but he should be able to play thru pain in three weeks. The timetable was no the number of games missed, but the time away from the field. Curtis is having the surgery tomorrow at 6:00AM, and the season starts in just under three weeks. The doctor felt he would perhaps miss one game, two games at most, if his recovery-time was average, though he would not be at full-speed initially. He felt that he should be fully healed and 100% by Week 4, no question, unless there were complications with his rehab, which he said was a minor chance of happening, based on the history of the success rate.

I doubt the Eagles hit the panic button here. Signing Joe Horn would be a short term answer, and force them to release a player they might want to keep otherwise (Lewis, Avant or Baskett). Arizona isn't trading Bolin, not after letting their #3 WR walk this past offseason....ain't gonna happen.

This doctor performed the same surgery on McNabb, Smith, Ed McCaffery, Jerry Porter, Sheldon Brown, to name a few. He mentioned that Curtis could have had a laproscopic version of this surgery done and been back in 2-3 weeks, but the success rate falls dramatically....both he and the team opted for the invasive surgery, which is more complete, and would ensure he'd be back at full-strength for the bulk of the season.

Expect to have Curtis on your fantasy pine for the first several weeks of the season, but, barring a setback, he should be as productive as otherwise expected by Week 4-5 onward.

What is it with Eagles players and sports hernias? I believe in the last 2 years McNabb, LJ Smith, Avant and now Curtis have dealt with the issue. I don't remember many players outside of Philly dealing with this particular injury.

The Colts have had quite a run with sports hernias as well. Ben Utecht, Joseph Jefferson, and Tyjuan Hagler all missed entire seasons with sports hernias and the subsequent surgeries. Cato June played through the pain with one a few years back and had the surgery in the off season.

ughhhh...this kinda angers me...as if desean jacksons 7 catch performance didnt draw enough attention....this is probably going to get people to notice a bit more...im in a league where i have to start 4 wr and carry 6...ive been liking jacksons potential for some time....was looking at him as a great value if i could land him as a 6th guy....the eagles love to throw....and jackson will stay in the slot and probably be in constant motion so he cant be jammed....hes kind of a guy i was targeting....now im probably going to have to reach slightly

I think Eagles just end up keeping Greg lewis instead of letting him go and then put Baskett where Curtis was and keep everything else the same with Avant in the 4 spot with Lewis spelling whoever in specific packages...

So being an Eagles fan and also being a guy that I tend to share football philosophies with - who is the guy to get right now? I need a backup only in my work league and started looking at Reggie Brown (he let me down last year) - I then noticed he has been dinged all of T.C. so now I'm not sure. I don't trust the rookie to be enough of a factor and I don't know much about Hank B. Can you help me out here?

So being an Eagles fan and also being a guy that I tend to share football philosophies with - who is the guy to get right now? I need a backup only in my work league and started looking at Reggie Brown (he let me down last year) - I then noticed he has been dinged all of T.C. so now I'm not sure. I don't trust the rookie to be enough of a factor and I don't know much about Hank B. Can you help me out here?

Brown should be ready to go Week 1...he does indeed have a tweaked hamstring, but nothing serious...holding him out as a precautiionary measure. Being his 4th year, he does have some existing cehmistry with McNabb, so he would be the safest bet from a comfort-with-the-offense standpoint.

Simialrly, Greg Lewis should see plenty of action as the #2 WR, assuming Jackson doesn't steal the role from him. Having been with the team for several seasons, the Eagles know what they (nad don't have) with him.

Jackson has been a big-time player this far in TC, and another strong performance tonight (startign with the #1's for 3 quarters) could further integrate him into the offense from the get-go. Jackson definitely has the most upside of the three...blazing fast, decent hands....size, ability to take a hit, and knowledge of the west-coast offense are his potential liabilities.

Brown should be ready to go Week 1...he does indeed have a tweaked hamstring, but nothing serious...holding him out as a precautiionary measure. Being his 4th year, he does have some existing cehmistry with McNabb, so he would be the safest bet from a comfort-with-the-offense standpoint.

Simialrly, Greg Lewis should see plenty of action as the #2 WR, assuming Jackson doesn't steal the role from him. Having been with the team for several seasons, the Eagles know what they (nad don't have) with him.

Jackson has been a big-time player this far in TC, and another strong performance tonight (startign with the #1's for 3 quarters) could further integrate him into the offense from the get-go. Jackson definitely has the most upside of the three...blazing fast, decent hands....size, ability to take a hit, and knowledge of the west-coast offense are his potential liabilities.

Thanks for the input. So it seems like me, you like Brown the most as far as 'most likely to get the most receptions'? Brown has the experience edge and he has put up decent #s in his first 3 years. He is also in that magical 2-4 year breakout window. What scares me is that he is a notoriously slow starter and I need him for week 4 bye filler. Anyways, thanks again for your input.