[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your league size?

DMD

What is the optimal league size?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What size leagues do you participate in?

• 8 teams
    • 10 teams
    • 12 teams
    • 14 teams
    • 16 teams
  2. 2. What size do you most enjoy?

• 8 teams
    • 10 teams
    • 12 teams
    • 14 teams
    • 16 teams

We oiften talk about 12 team leagues as the standard but not everyone has 11 friends. What size leagues do you play in and what would you prefer if you only played in one league?

We are including a ten team SOFA league this year since ten team leagues are more common than I think most believe, for instance.

I play in 10 team (start 2 QB, PPR, 12 starters), 12 team (redraft), 14 team (deep dynasty), and 18 team (survivor) leagues.

I like to diversify my FF portfolio, but prefer the deeper 14 team league for competitiveness.

Edited by Riffraff

I've been in one 8-team league a few years back and will never do so again. It rewards the people who really haven't done their homework. I have been in a few 10's , but really like the 12 team format. Just joined my first 16-team BOTH league this year and did so for the challenge, although I have my work cut out for me with the 14th pick. But I'm sure I'll find it a very rewarding experience and am looking forward to the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes my favorite league because I love a challenge.

Go ahead and shoot me, but I play in a 8 man league. It's actually 16 franchises with one NFL player copy per 8 man division. My friend got me into the league, it's too small and the rules suck but I still play anyway.

If you have a 1st or 2nd rounder that doesn't come through for you, than you don't have much of a chance. I've had incredible rosters every year and it only takes one Rudi Johnson to screw it all up. I've won the league before but the 16th seeded team has beaten the top ranked team in the playoffs on more than one occasion and I believe it's happened two or three years in a row. I was one of those top ranked teams that got beat once.

Edited by MikesVikes

We oiften talk about 12 team leagues as the standard but not everyone has 11 friends. What size leagues do you play in and what would you prefer if you only played in one league?

We are including a ten team SOFA league this year since ten team leagues are more common than I think most believe, for instance.

Also depends on the format... I like the challenge of a standard 12 team league. Large enough to keep you on your toes for your roster decisions and draft.

If it was an 8 or 10 team league with larger lineup and/or roster requirements I'd probably be more prone to play in one.

What no 32 team leagues? :wacko:

+4

I prefer 12.

Having joined a few 16 team dynasties, I'm starting to think they are over-rated. The bad teams never get better. Same with the 16 team redrafts. Once a team gets 1 or 2 injuries, they are done due to the lack of any sort of waiver wire.