[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jonathon Stewart

PSULions

Looks like I will get a chance to see Jonathon Stewart running with the 1st team OL during the pre-season game with Washington Saturday night. He only played a portion of the 3rd Quarter against the Eagles and did not get much room to run. I mentioned in another thread that his performance on Thursday doesn't show you much since he was running with the 2nd team OL and shouldn't be upgraded or downgraded based on the 4 carries he got last week.

Looks like he will be given a good look against the Redskins to show how he looks with the 1st team OL opening holes for him. The article doesn't see that he is starter... just that he will be given a chance to run with the 1st team during the game, so we will probably see about 50 / 50 between DeAngleo and JStew through the first 3 quarters on Saturday. I will be at the game and will update this thread with my thoughts on both DW and JStew on Sunday to help you guys with your drafts after 8/23.

Jonathon Stewart

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad, my first draft is Friday night. :wacko:

If Jstew falls to me at 5.11, I think I'll have to take him and just handcuff with Dwill a few rounds later. Hopefully there is some substance after the hype clears.

Not much of a surprise. Like they're not gonna want to test out their #1 pick with the first team. Can't get a good judge of a player running behind backups-to-backups. I figure he'll do rather well with the first team.

But of course, the Carolina running game is one that I'm avoiding in drafts I have remaining (WCOFF being the most important). Just too much of a gamble in deciding which runner will have the better season. Way I see it, Williams will start the season off getting a 70/30 split. By mid-season it could be 50/50. By the last third of the season, it could be 70/30 in Stewart's favor. Just not the kind of situation I'd want to rely on when money is on the line.

Just broke off a nice 50 yard TD run. He'll be the starter soon enough.

Taz, will your insurance cover the carpal tunnel surgery you're certain to require after watching this run?

2V

Taz, will your insurance cover the carpal tunnel surgery you're certain to require after watching this run?

2V

:wacko:

Sadly, I havn't seen it. I'm sure it will be posted on youtube tonight. Can't wait to watch it.

BTW: Was this against the 1st team D? As was D-Will's?

Looks like I will get a chance to see Jonathon Stewart running with the 1st team OL during the pre-season game with Washington Saturday night. He only played a portion of the 3rd Quarter against the Eagles and did not get much room to run. I mentioned in another thread that his performance on Thursday doesn't show you much since he was running with the 2nd team OL and shouldn't be upgraded or downgraded based on the 4 carries he got last week.

Looks like he will be given a good look against the Redskins to show how he looks with the 1st team OL opening holes for him. The article doesn't see that he is starter... just that he will be given a chance to run with the 1st team during the game, so we will probably see about 50 / 50 between DeAngleo and JStew through the first 3 quarters on Saturday. I will be at the game and will update this thread with my thoughts on both DW and JStew on Sunday to help you guys with your drafts after 8/23.

Jonathon Stewart

How dead freaken on was this!! :wacko: