[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dwayne Bowe

tazinib1

Naah it takes me to a login. Maybe copy and paste the draft to my email so it doesn't take up too much space here.

reynoldspainting@gmail.com

Sent. I think all you have to do is log in as a forum member and you can link to it.

Sent. I think all you have to do is log in as a forum member and you can link to it.

But then wouldn't I get all those sales pitches from FanBall telling how it's far better than the Huddle? :wacko:

After I registered it took me to Fanball.com's home page. Probably just for league members.

Edited by Randall

Naah it takes me to a login. Maybe copy and paste the draft to my email so it doesn't take up too much space here.

reynoldspainting@gmail.com

yay, now you'll be getting love letters from Bigerniedousch

Bowe is already as talented as any WR in the game not named Randy. The way he attacks the ball in mid-air is as impressive as I have seen, not in years, but ever. He plays WR like a RB that runs angry. I don't know how many of you have access to wide tape, but if you were to freeze a play right after the quarterback releases the ball, and then watch what happens from there, it is pretty darn amazing. He may not have Calvin's measurables, but is head and shoulders above him as a professional wideout. If by #2 WR you mean he will finish somewhere in the 12-20 range as far as WR's go, absolutely. In fact, he may end the season more like a #1 if Croyle can stay upright. Croyle won't even have to have a superb year for both Bowe and Tony to have good years since they don't have any other options to speak of. There will be games where Bowe is completely taken out by design, but he should be talented enough to stay consistent despite some of the shortcomings of his teammates.

Bowe is already as talented as any WR in the game not named Randy. The way he attacks the ball in mid-air is as impressive as I have seen, not in years, but ever. He plays WR like a RB that runs angry. I don't know how many of you have access to wide tape, but if you were to freeze a play right after the quarterback releases the ball, and then watch what happens from there, it is pretty darn amazing. He may not have Calvin's measurables, but is head and shoulders above him as a professional wideout. If by #2 WR you mean he will finish somewhere in the 12-20 range as far as WR's go, absolutely. In fact, he may end the season more like a #1 if Croyle can stay upright. Croyle won't even have to have a superb year for both Bowe and Tony to have good years since they don't have any other options to speak of. There will be games where Bowe is completely taken out by design, but he should be talented enough to stay consistent despite some of the shortcomings of his teammates.

Bowe is definitely a stud or one in the making. I think the problem with him is his QB and the options around him. They are having to roll Croyle out of the pocket to keep him off his back....if he had the time to throw I have no doubts about the sucess the two of them could have, but the line just can't provide that time, or at least haven't shown it yet. Croyle has a heck of an arm and can get it to Bowe, but the reasons I previously mentioned are the reasons he should be drafted as a #3 right now. I agree with some of your analysis as far as overall football talents, however I pretty much disagree when it comes to the FF aspect and you overvaluing a lot of players where they should be picked. He might finish as a #2 or an almost #1, but it isn't likely given his "situation".

If I have to have Dwayne Bowe as my #2, then I am in real trouble. To answer your question, NO, I would not draft him as my #2.

You guys

I would probably take Roddy White over Bowe. Not probably, I would.

Just don't

Ditto.

Get it!

Wow, really? Maybe I drank too much of the Bowe Kool-Aid last year (after all, he did help our WCOFF team win our league), but I would be absolutely fine with him as my #2 WR this year. I'll take my BOTH league ConFusion as an example: he was the 24th-best WR. That said, he's at the very end of a 12-team league's second set of WRs. His 24th-place ranking comes in his rookie year, a year with a carousel of QBs. I'm not calling Brodie Croyle the second coming of Dan Marino (heck, he might not be the second coming of any random average QB) but at least there appears to be SOME stability at the position. With Gonzo keeping defenses honest, Bowe sees plenty of single coverage. I think he puts up top-20 WR numbers this season. So yeah, I'd be cool with him as my #2... ecstatic if I get him as my #3.

I guess I should foot-note this with the fact that I'd be happy with him as my #2 if and only if I had a top-tiered WR as my #1.

You get it!

Last yr Bowe put up 70/995 5....no reason to think that he cant meet or exceed those numbers....QB position can't be any worse then it was last yr....In a dynasty league Bowe is top 10...just wait and see

Bowe is definitely a stud or one in the making. I think the problem with him is his QB and the options around him. They are having to roll Croyle out of the pocket to keep him off his back....if he had the time to throw I have no doubts about the sucess the two of them could have, but the line just can't provide that time, or at least haven't shown it yet. Croyle has a heck of an arm and can get it to Bowe, but the reasons I previously mentioned are the reasons he should be drafted as a #3 right now. I agree with some of your analysis as far as overall football talents, however I pretty much disagree when it comes to the FF aspect and you overvaluing a lot of players where they should be picked. He might finish as a #2 or an almost #1, but it isn't likely given his "situation".

You make valid points, and I surely understand your concerns, I mean, it's Brodie Croyle. That said, I just can't envision Croyle being so terrible that Bowe isn't a top 20 WR. Bowe is so talented, Croyle would have to like be Mike Vick , Rick Mirer or Kyle Boller type bad for Bowe not to have a big year.

fwiw, Chefs passing game last year

3181 yards(20th in the NFL and MORE then the GMEN & even PITT)

17 TDs(24th...GMEN had 6 more passing TDs)

20 INTs (23rd TIE and = to the amount by CLEV & GMEN)

73.0 QB Rating (24th and same as the GMEN)

59.5% Comp % (22nd and higher then the GMEN)

55 SACKS tied for MOST in the NFL

the reason I keep pointing out the GMEN is because Plax put up top 11 WR numbers and the GMen were only better in 2 of the above Categories:

TDs and Sacks allowed...I can't see how the KC passing attack is going to be worse and if so how can it be much worse? Bowe is going to get his and with even the slightest improvement he could very well push the top 10-15 range

I have enough confidence (drank enough of the Kool-Aid) in Bowe to take him as my #3WR. I'll have to use him as a #2 for the first two weeks while Steve Smith serves his suspension. With matchups I'll probably use him at flex during the regular season. I agree with Keggerz...I don't see how the offense could really step backwards. If anything KC's defense looks a little worse to me (Allen leaving to MN and Dorsey holding out for awhile) so they might have to throw more to stay competitive. I'll take any junk time yardage I can get.