[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dwayne Bowe

tazinib1

I'm reading all sorts of different projections for this kid. I have a chance to draft him as my #2 WR over the likes of Roddy White and others of that nature. Is there anybody that can alleviate the double teams he is sure to receive? Would you draft him as your #2? Thoughts?

EDIT****

Not sure why I typed in Derick when we all know damned well his name is Dwayne!!! :wacko:

Could ya fix the title DMD?

Edited by tazinib1

If I have to have Dwayne Bowe as my #2, then I am in real trouble. To answer your question, NO, I would not draft him as my #2.

Good. Thats the kind of answer I was looking for. 12 team redraft and I have the dreaded 1.7 pick. 20 WR's have gone and its the mid 5th round. I hate this pick position with a passion for this very reason. Lee Evans is an option but he caught less than HALF the targets thrown by Edwards last year. Upside? Sure but I'm still not sold on Edwards being the man delivering the ball to my #2. Ugh this is dreadful.

Good. Thats the kind of answer I was looking for. 12 team redraft and I have the dreaded 1.7 pick. 20 WR's have gone and its the mid 5th round. I hate this pick position with a passion for this very reason. Lee Evans is an option but he caught less than HALF the targets thrown by Edwards last year. Upside? Sure but I'm still not sold on Edwards being the man delivering the ball to my #2. Ugh this is dreadful.

I'm assuming you have 2 rbs, 1 wr and 1 qb at this point? This is what you get for drafting a qb so early.

He will get the targets in this offense, he's a #3 WR for your fantasy team with upside to be a #2.

+1

I had my 12 team draft last night and I grabbed Bowe as my #3 WR in the 8th round and am pretty happy but I wouldn't depend on him as my #2 except potentially for weeks 1 & 2 while S Smith is out.

Like all Chiefs not named Tony G, I have come to the realization that Bowe will simply not be on my team this year. Not because I think he'll be bad, rather that he's quite simply coming off the board when at least 5WRs I have in front of him are still out there. Same, frankly with Larry Johnson. Sure, I'll take either, but absolutely not where they're going. The irony is that, of the three, I'm the least excited about Tony G. It just so happens that others seem to be more in line with my opinion of him so he's actually fallen to a place in the draft where I'll take him.

Your dead on. And yes, I knew the minute I selected Big Ben I was in trouble.

So you're doubly hosed. The only excuse to be in this position is that, not only did you take a QB early, but that QB's name is Brady, Manning, Romo, or Brees.

So you're doubly hosed. The only excuse to be in this position is that, not only did you take a QB early, but that QB's name is Brady, Manning, Romo, or Brees.

I swore to myself that I would not draft drunk in this league this year. I do this EVERY STINKEN YEAR!!! :wacko:

I went with Roddy White as there was nothing of value left at that spot. Bleh...I'm hoping to snag M.Harrison next round and strike R.Moss gold.

It's pretty depressing knowing 1 pick can screw up an entire draft. And you guys are doing a bang up job rubbing it in. :wacko:

I went with Roddy White as there was nothing of value left at that spot. Bleh...I'm hoping to snag M.Harrison next round and strike R.Moss gold.

It's pretty depressing knowing 1 pick can screw up an entire draft. And you guys are doing a bang up job rubbing it in. :wacko:

If you went with Roddy White, that means there was something of value left.

I like Bowe this year as a #3 WR, Hat Trick is right. He has a chance to end the season as a #2.

We'll have to re visit this thread later in the season.

If you went with Roddy White, that means there was something of value left.

Roddy White isn't in a better situation than Bowe. It may even be worse. Joey Harrington, Matt Ryan, Redman.

We aren't discussing the Colts vs the Pats here. :wacko:

Edited by Randall

Wow, really? Maybe I drank too much of the Bowe Kool-Aid last year (after all, he did help our WCOFF team win our league), but I would be absolutely fine with him as my #2 WR this year. I'll take my BOTH league ConFusion as an example: he was the 24th-best WR. That said, he's at the very end of a 12-team league's second set of WRs. His 24th-place ranking comes in his rookie year, a year with a carousel of QBs. I'm not calling Brodie Croyle the second coming of Dan Marino (heck, he might not be the second coming of any random average QB) but at least there appears to be SOME stability at the position. With Gonzo keeping defenses honest, Bowe sees plenty of single coverage. I think he puts up top-20 WR numbers this season. So yeah, I'd be cool with him as my #2... ecstatic if I get him as my #3.

I guess I should foot-note this with the fact that I'd be happy with him as my #2 if and only if I had a top-tiered WR as my #1.

Wow, really? Maybe I drank too much of the Bowe Kool-Aid last year (after all, he did help our WCOFF team win our league), but I would be absolutely fine with him as my #2 WR this year. I'll take my BOTH league ConFusion as an example: he was the 24th-best WR. That said, he's at the very end of a 12-team league's second set of WRs. His 24th-place ranking comes in his rookie year, a year with a carousel of QBs. I'm not calling Brodie Croyle the second coming of Dan Marino (heck, he might not be the second coming of any random average QB) but at least there appears to be SOME stability at the position. With Gonzo keeping defenses honest, Bowe sees plenty of single coverage. I think he puts up top-20 WR numbers this season. So yeah, I'd be cool with him as my #2... ecstatic if I get him as my #3.

I guess I should foot-note this with the fact that I'd be happy with him as my #2 if and only if I had a top-tiered WR as my #1.

Well I do have Holt.

Sorry guys that this has turned out to be a fantasy advice type of thread. Didn't intend that at all.

Holt - White at WR and Big Ben at QB? Please tell me you have LT-Peterson at RB? if not, well, there's always drinking. That could make the rest of the draft fun.

Only in my daydreams.

I do have MBIII and MJD at RB.

I'm about to pop open this tasty looking 5th of Vodka here in a sec.