[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyon Manning

CaptainHook

I am officially worried. I was at Lucas Oil Stadium tonight. Peyton Manning was there for the coin toss of both high school games for his charitable orgainization the Peyback Foundation. Each year it allows different Indiana schools to play one game in the NFL stadium.

Peyton walked with a slight limp. His knee appeared very stiff. I don't see how he will be ready for Week One. Downgrade all Colts immediately. The way the Colts are with injuries, who knows how long he could miss.

The stadium, on the other hand, is incredible. They opened the roof between the two games. Very cool. I just have a feeling Jim Sorgi is going to be at the helm to open that baby up.

All of the uprise is still based off of one report, correct? And swelling in the knee? He just had surgery. It happens. I was freaking out as he's on several of my teams, but after talking to some respected members on these boards I'm pretty calm.

I'll go ahead and guarantee he plays week one. No way he isn't under center to open that new stadium.

Edited by piratesownninjas

He was supposed to be back at the end of pre-season too. . .

I am basing nothing on the reports. I'm going off what I saw last night. He's not gonna be ready.

Thanks for the inside info Hook. I'm not going to over-react to it, but, it is definitely something to think about while drafting.

He was supposed to be back at the end of pre-season too. . .

I am basing nothing on the reports. I'm going off what I saw last night. He's not gonna be ready.

Everywhere I read had the timetable somewhere near the end of pre-season, which is still a week away. They also said he was expected to be back by week 1, which I still don't think is out of the question. I know of an all state linebacker in high school that played on some bad knee's... So bad that after games he could barely walk. Before each game he would be shot up with cordizone and was good to go for three hours. Not in anyway saying that high school football is the NFL, but just because he has a stiff knee, I don't see that as a for sure ender on his week 1 status.

And I don't know for sure that he won't play. But I know the Colts history with injury to star players. They make it seem like they will play every week, even when the injury is serious and keeps them out all season. Look at what happened with Edge with his ACL injury and Marvin last year. No way do they give Manning an injection and throw him out there if he is still hurt. He is way to valuable for that. They will not play him until he is ready. And my best guess is that won't be week one.

Thanks for the info. As an Addai owner, it looks like I'll be tempering expectations for the first week. Too bad that neither Sorgi nor Lorenzen can keep eight men out of the box, as Peyton on the shelf for a few games could've actually benefited guys like Addai and Clark.

Given how bad the Colts D has looked thus far in the pre-season, Peyton's probably going to be throwing the ball a lot more than he has over the past few years. When he does return, he might be in for a monster fantasy season.

I just hope he does return. I have no info but what I read scares the sh!t out of me!

I don't think that we need to worry about him NOT returning. He had an infected bursa sac removed, not reconstructive knee surgery. It might not be until October, but I don't see why he wouldn't be on the field at all this season.