[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyon Manning

CaptainHook

Exactly.

Who here thinks Dan Marino was a good QB?

He had the mobility of a turtle.

Marino was actually very mobile within the pocket and, as a result, didn't take a lot of sacks. He just chose to throw the ball away, rather than scramble upfield on broken plays.

If anything, a bum knee will challenge Peyton to be a better QB, if that's even possible.

Not long ago, one of Peyton's biggest deficiencies was his inability to complete passes while on the run. This was put on display in the 2005 playoffs, when the Steelers pass rush completely shut him down for 2/3 of the game. He apparently worked on it that off-season, because he was MUCH better at completing passes when his protection broke down the following year. Learning how to throw the ball accurately without getting his feet set made him a much better quarterback against good defenses. A bum knee will take away all of the progress that he's made over the past couple of years.

It's just my opinion, and I have nothing to base it off of.. But..

Manning is going to start! I think this is being a little too overhyped. He's not going to break any single season passing records this season, but dude is gonna play..

It's just my opinion, and I have nothing to base it off of.. But..

Manning is going to start! I think this is being a little too overhyped. He's not going to break any single season passing records this season, but dude is gonna play..

That's the feeling that I get as well. We're still basing this hype off of one mans article and the fact that Dungy didn't deny the report, just that the media should ask the writer of said article... Why would Dungy want to say anything to the media anyways? I really believe that Manning and the Colts are playing mind games similar to the Patriots with injuries. Manning will play.

Defense looks horrible. Yeah, they were missing some guys, but I have not even seen flashes that they will be any good so far this pre-season. Couple that with Manning's knee injury, and I have a bad feeling about this season.

That's the feeling that I get as well. We're still basing this hype off of one mans article and the fact that Dungy didn't deny the report, just that the media should ask the writer of said article... Why would Dungy want to say anything to the media anyways? I really believe that Manning and the Colts are playing mind games similar to the Patriots with injuries. Manning will play.

I DID NOT START THIS THREAD BASED ON THE YAHOO REPORT. Geez. Only on what I saw Friday night.

Seemed far more like brains, experience and instinct than anything that would resemble some kind of physical skills

It had more to do with excellent footwork, phenomenal vision, and one of the quickest releases in the history of the league. His size also made him difficult to bring down.

FWIW, Marino averaged fewer sacks per season than Montana, Elway, Favre, and McNabb. Not bad for a textbook pocket passer.

All I'm saying is that you don't have to have great legs to be an awesome QB.

Agreed, but there's a difference between being fast and elusive. Quarterbacks still need some elusiveness and mobility in the pocket. Those that aren't (Bledsoe, Leftwich) never reach their potential.

Defense looks horrible. Yeah, they were missing some guys, but I have not even seen flashes that they will be any good so far this pre-season. Couple that with Manning's knee injury, and I have a bad feeling about this season.

I'm right there with ya Hook. As a homer I'm not going to start the Colts are great chants. That's not a mystery. Basing off what I've seen in the preseason, they have quite a few holes. After today's game, I dont think Gray will go to bed tonight as a member of the Colts. He may not make it ouf the locker room as a member of the team.

But every year in preseason, they look horrible. I have a feeling that Manning will start the season. Harrison didnt look half bad tonight for what it's worth.

I think the Colts will be fine this season. I wouldn't put them as the top team in the AFC, but they're still top 5.

I DID NOT START THIS THREAD BASED ON THE YAHOO REPORT. Geez. Only on what I saw Friday night.

I know this hook, but the vast majority of the people responding here are taking what you saw on top of the Lombardi report. They've showed footage of him walking around with the limp on NFLN and several other stations/sites. I do believe that the swelling is normal as he just had surgery.