[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sidney Rice

unusualsuspects

I'm a Vikings Homer, and I love Rice... I think he could be the best WR on the Vikings for a long time to come. But in terms of FF potential, I think that using him as a WR2 is a bit of a stretch. The Vikings are a run first team (but that's mostly because of personnel, not by scheme design). Berrian is still going to be the #1 WR for Minnesota (as well as their downfield threat) for this year anyway. Rice has a ton of potential for Dynasty leagues, but for redrafts I think he tops out as a WR3.

I'm a Vikings Homer, and I love Rice... I think he could be the best WR on the Vikings for a long time to come. But in terms of FF potential, I think that using him as a WR2 is a bit of a stretch. The Vikings are a run first team (but that's mostly because of personnel, not by scheme design). Berrian is still going to be the #1 WR for Minnesota (as well as their downfield threat) for this year anyway. Rice has a ton of potential for Dynasty leagues, but for redrafts I think he tops out as a WR3.

Thanks - nice avatar :wacko:

I'm not convinced that by year's end, Rice doesn't have better numbers than Berrian. BB is more of a home run threat, but Rice is the bigger possession 3rd down type. With either Jackson or Ferotte throwing the ball, I think Rice could be good for 75 catches on the upside. He's also a better end zone target inside the 20 than Berrian.

Still, on that offense, if he plays like a #2 WR, I'd be thrilled. Bump his numbers a bit if Jackson gets hurt. JMHO...

No. Not only is this team going to run 400+ times, not only is Jackson the QB limiting the value of his WRs, but there are also 3 other WRs with a similar talent level to Rice. He's got the most physical skill, but as far as the ability to be an NFL receiver, I think he, Berrian, Wade, and Allison are all very close in the their ability to produce for fantasy teams and are likely to be rotated to some degree...

No. Not only is this team going to run 400+ times, not only is Jackson the QB limiting the value of his WRs, but there are also 3 other WRs with a similar talent level to Rice. He's got the most physical skill, but as far as the ability to be an NFL receiver, I think he, Berrian, Wade, and Allison are all very close in the their ability to produce for fantasy teams and are likely to be rotated to some degree...

With Rice and Berrian inactive, Ferguson and Allison started... Wade seems to be the fifth WR at best right now, and only had two targets. Of those 3 players, only Allison showed up in the box score with any catches, but he did have a relativley decent showing, having said that, with Rice and Berrian out, if he was all that, I'd expect more from him in the 3rd preseason game.

Have you guys seen how defenses have played the Vikes so far this year. Adrian to the left, 11 defenders follow. Adrian to the right, 11 defenders follow. The Vikings need to prove to defenses that they shouldn't load up the box to defend him. Sydney Rice has talent and he can play. I don't know about the 2nd receiver on your team, but I would feel good about using a 9th rounder and would be very happy if he was available in the 10th. I'd consider the same deal for Berrian but two rounds earlier for him.

#2 potential? Sure, he's a really talented kid, but definitely do not take him as your #2. Take him as a low 3 or 4 and promote him accordingly. If he is your #2 WR you are going to have a good handful of weeks with little or no points out of your #2 WR.

#2 potential? Sure, he's a really talented kid, but definitely do not take him as your #2. Take him as a low 3 or 4 and promote him accordingly. If he is your #2 WR you are going to have a good handful of weeks with little or no points out of your #2 WR.

I don't think he means to draft him as a #2....I think he wants to know if we think he could produce with #2 numbers...

I don't see why not....I have him as my #4 and will have to be in my top 3 in the 1st few weeks until Marshall comes back....and then we'll see how he's done..

With Rice and Berrian inactive, Ferguson and Allison started... Wade seems to be the fifth WR at best right now, and only had two targets. Of those 3 players, only Allison showed up in the box score with any catches, but he did have a relativley decent showing, having said that, with Rice and Berrian out, if he was all that, I'd expect more from him in the 3rd preseason game.

? Did you watch that game? No one did a thing. By that logic Holmes should have done much better...

I don't think he means to draft him as a #2....I think he wants to know if we think he could produce with #2 numbers...

I don't see why not....I have him as my #4 and will have to be in my top 3 in the 1st few weeks until Marshall comes back....and then we'll see how he's done..

I drafted him as 4th WR, figured defenses would be playing run alot giving rice more potential, I just wanted to know if you guys felt the same as me...

MN homer here. The best you can expect from rice this year will be WR3 at best. Talent wise I think Sid the Kid is one of the best WR's on the team but the issue is where he's at on the pecking order and all the talk that rice will have better numbers then berrian is far off base. T-jack spent the entire offseason working with berrian and has developed a good rapport with him. T-jack will look for Berrian long and hard then dump off what he can't get to him. Sid is going to only see a few touches a game, somewhere in the range of 5 targets. They did use him in the red zone as a fade target last year but that happened only after the run game stalled and shiancoe droped a TD. He does have amazing talent and speed, this should account for some nice looking days but these days will be inconsistent at best because the vikings offense is inconsistent at best. The pecking order for the vikes is AD, CT, Berrian, Wade, Shiancoe :wacko: , Rice, and then Allison/Ferguson. Then look at his situation, a run first then run some more with a growing QB that will still have growing pains. Maybe next year, but again do not overdraft this guy in redraft leagues.

MN homer here. The best you can expect from rice this year will be WR3 at best. Talent wise I think Sid the Kid is one of the best WR's on the team but the issue is where he's at on the pecking order and all the talk that rice will have better numbers then berrian is far off base. T-jack spent the entire offseason working with berrian and has developed a good rapport with him. T-jack will look for Berrian long and hard then dump off what he can't get to him. Sid is going to only see a few touches a game, somewhere in the range of 5 targets. They did use him in the red zone as a fade target last year but that happened only after the run game stalled and shiancoe droped a TD. He does have amazing talent and speed, this should account for some nice looking days but these days will be inconsistent at best because the vikings offense is inconsistent at best. The pecking order for the vikes is AD, CT, Berrian, Wade, Shiancoe :wacko: , Rice, and then Allison/Ferguson. Then look at his situation, a run first then run some more with a growing QB that will still have growing pains. Maybe next year, but again do not overdraft this guy in redraft leagues.

Thanks griff321 very insightfull

? Did you watch that game? No one did a thing. By that logic Holmes should have done much better...

NO T Jack

NO BB

NO Rice

Playing against the Steeler D and you thought to gauge our offense? C'mon... PRESEASON

shhhhhhhh

i think if the vikings can get him the ball.......he easily doubles his #s from last yr. it wouldnt surprise me if he did more than that...could be 1000 yd WR. the guy catches everything and is a better, more complete receiver than berrian

drafted him as my 5th or 6th receiver so id be ecstatic if he put up WR2 #s