[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Update: Osi Umenyiora done for season

i_am_the_swammi

Not a Giants fan for obvious reasons -- cough...18-1...cough :wacko: -- but I still hate to see a star player and very important part of any team go down for the season. The league needs its marquee players, they make games exciting, so my pigskin condolences go out to all Giants fans. He was fun as hell to watch wreak havoc.

Interestingly, there was a quote from Strahan on the NFL Network earlier today, basically stating that he was enjoying retirement, but that any speculation would just be rumors because he hasn't be contacted yet.

He made no mention of what he would do should the phone ring....he certainly didn't say there was no way he'd play again.

That really sucks. That will obviously really hurt the Giants defense. The guys is an absolute beast, and the secondary will have to cover a bit longer due to his absence. :wacko:

So...with Osi out and assuming Strahan stays retired, how does this affect Justin Tuck's value? Kiawanuka will most likely slide into Osi's spot.

It probably hurts Tuck, since he becomes the focal point for opposing offenses.

I'm not sure. We pulled Osi from the rankings/projections, obviously, but decided to leave Tuck's rank/projections alone. Why? Because he's a freak and will probably still get a good set of stats. May adjust based on his first couple games, though.

So...with Osi out and assuming Strahan stays retired, how does this affect Justin Tuck's value? Kiawanuka will most likely slide into Osi's spot.

Well, if Kiwi slides into LE, that means DeOssie will be the starting SLB. That would imply to me that teams will be more likely to run to Tuck's side with a less intimidating presence at SLB. I don't play IDP, so I don't know the repercussions of that. More tackles? You need to assume that Kiwi is a downgrade from Osi, but how much is yet to be determined.

Other options for the G-Men would be:

•Slide Tuck to LE. Start Wynn at RE.

•Slide Tuck to LE. Start Kiwi at RE. DeOssie starts SLB.

•Tollefson starts in place of Osi.

This is a hugh loss. Also, who the hell is Wallace Gilberry [DE] and how did he end up on the Giants. Looks like a rookie out of Alabama, but he wasn't a draft pick. Walk on?

Edit for spelling.

Edited by LosGatosEnFuegos

I feel for ya Frontrow. :D Allways want to see you guys at full strength. I hate preseason injuries.

Minor setback, This D will still own the division , A healthy Osi would have just made it more lopsided.

Allways :wacko: good to hear you chime in CB, see ya on Nov.2 :D

Edited by Front Row

Minor setback, This D will still own the division , A healthy Osi would have just made it more lopsided.

Allways :wacko: good to hear you chime in CB, see ya on Nov.2 :D

Nice to see your optimism but Nov 2 is going to be a very bad day for you AND your sigline the following week. :D

The Giants have reached out to the recently retired Michael Strahan, and talks are currently underway to see if they can lure him back for a 16th NFL season, the Daily News has learned.

According to a source close to Strahan, the seven-time Pro Bowler received a call from a Giants official Monday to gauge his interest in coming back to replace the injured Osi Umenyiora. The Daily News reported earlier Monday that Strahan is willing to come back if the Giants make a “sincere effort” to woo him and make an offer of $8 million for the year.

It’s not immediately clear who in the organization called Strahan - who is on vacation in Greece and is currently planning to remain there until the end of the week - but several friends of his said Monday that he would definitely be interested in talking. A couple of those friends said he might ask the Giants for as much as $12 million, though another thought $8 million would be enough to lure the future Hall of Famer out of his brief retirement.