[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts/Bills

BeeR

The Colts defense looks like the '03/'04 incarnation and they will once again have to air it out to make the playoffs this season. Thankfully, their starting O-line looked a little better tonight than they did in the previous two games (although that's not saying much).

When has Indy really cared what they look like in the preseason. A couple of weeks ago I thought i remembered seeing they were something like 2-14 or near that in the preseason.

The difference is that their first-team offenses and defenses in previous years have actually looked competent during the pre-season. So far this pre-season, the Colts D have gotten their asses handed to them and tonight was the first time this season that their O-line was actually clearing holes for Addai. I'm more concerned about their O- and D-lines than I am about Peyton at this point.

When has Indy really cared what they look like in the preseason. A couple of weeks ago I thought i remembered seeing they were something like 2-14 or near that in the preseason.

Yeah, I was saying the same thing a couple weeks ago . . . BUT, without Manning, we haven't seen any signs of consistency from the Colts offense. And the defense has been a sieve, even with Freeney and Sanders back tonight. I dunno. It just doesn't feel right. Maybe I'm wrong, and Manning plays week one and lights it up . . . but I foresee a lot of rust IF he does play. And the fact they have ZERO defensive tackles worries me a lot. Ed Johnson was a hugh surprise last year. They're going to need to pull another rabbit out of their hat this year in the middle of the defensive line. And they can't afford any injuries there.

Curious for those who saw how the backups looked. Stats say it's Lorz. in a landslide but that's only stats. Did he really out-play Gray a lot or what?

PS NFL.com has this brilliant recap gem:

"Lorenzen, Quinn Gray uninspiring: Both quarterbacks are vying to be the third quarterback for the Colts, but neither did anything distinguishing. Lorenzen completed 7 of 11 passes for only 52 yards.." er that's about a 65% clip over 7 yds a pop - and it doesn't include any long bomb to fluff the stats like Gray. How did Lorz. not play way better?

What's up with Trent Edwards barely playing and JP Losman starting. Is Edwards injured? Is JP going to start?

It used to be that the 3rd preseason game told us who the likely starters would be. :D

I don't know what a quadriceps is but it's bruised. :wacko:

What's up with Trent Edwards barely playing and JP Losman starting. Is Edwards injured? Is JP going to start?

It used to be that the 3rd preseason game told us who the likely starters would be. :wacko:

Edwards banged his knee in one of those knee-on-knee shots a couple of weeks ago. He's being brought along slowly because of the injury so that he'll be ready for week 1.