[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bama v Clemson

BS Miscreant

Javier Arenas is a junior DB and kick/punt returner for Bama. He was our(I was the coach) lead leg on the 4x1 that finished 5th in the state(Florida) three years ago and he is a dynamic return man. Can be real fun to watch. He's been returning kicks and punts since he was a freshman but he's now penciled in as a starter on D as well. Keep an an eye out for him and wish him well. Unless of course you are a Clemson fan I guess.

WooHoo!!! College football, baby!

Javier Arenas is a junior DB and kick/punt returner for Bama. He was our(I was the coach) lead leg on the 4x1 that finished 5th in the state(Florida) three years ago and he is a dynamic return man. Can be real fun to watch. He's been returning kicks and punts since he was a freshman but he's now penciled in as a starter on D as well. Keep an an eye out for him and wish him well. Unless of course you are a Clemson fan I guess.

WooHoo!!! College football, baby!

I've always wondered what a coach does in track? No offense intended, but...I picture it being "Here, take this stick (in a relay) and run really fast to the next guy...the last one with the stick, run as fast as you can to the finish line"

I've always wondered what a coach does in track? No offense intended, but...I picture it being "Here, take this stick (in a relay) and run really fast to the next guy...the last one with the stick, run as fast as you can to the finish line"

No offense taken. For most of the season the primary job is that of personal trainer, making them faster and doing it so they peak at the right time. Part of getting them faster is teaching starting and running technique... as strange as it may seem most people don't run correctly, at least not to maximize efficiency and speed. Then, of course, there's actually teaching how the baton changes hands, not to mention the verbal cues and timing of the exchange. Without getting long-winded, I can think of at least 5 things off the top of my head that can go wrong with the exchange alone and all require coaching and practice.

If it were a powerhouse team in the SEC , you might have a case... unfortunately, Bama ain't one of them...

Bama = Overrated...

They're ranked 24th in the AP and 26th in the Coaches Poll. I'm not sure that's overrated. It's certainly not impressive my Bama standards anyway.