[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looking for a Good BackUp QB for the Panthers

BearcatTom

I'm a Panther homer and was just wondering who we could bring in to back up Jake if his arm goes out again this year like last year. Don't want to go through that again.

Any thoughts?

Matt Moore

As a Carolina homer, you may not have heard of him. :wacko:

But he played well last year for just being a rookie.

Panthers QB Matt Moore was named NFL offensive rookie of the month for December.

Moore won two out of three games down the stretch while posting an 86.1 passer rating. He outplayed David Carr and Vinny Testaverde by a wide margin, which should prevent the Panthers from bringing in a veteran backup

We are in better shape this year than we were in last year with David Carr and Vinny starting most of the games until Matt Moore got his shot. The Panthers like him and Fox and Hurney will not likely sign another QB unless someone is waived that the Panthers like more than our current group.

BTW, the Panthers signed Samie Parker today to help the depleted WR corps and help with punt returning since we lost Jason Carter for the year with a torn ACL.

I like him too. I wouldn't say Romo but it's certainly possible.

I mean in the sense that Romo was a back up for 3-1/2 years before finally getting a chance to show what he could do. I think given the opportunity to start a full 16 games, Moore would surprise some folks. Maybe I should add his name to my "man-love" thread. :wacko:

Moore may be fine for finishing out an already lost season, but if we are suppoe to contend in a really weak division, we need more than a untested backup that only got the job because an ancient lumbering idiot from the U ruptured his achillies last year.

Thanks for the feedback though. The replies confirmed what I thought, nothing really available at this time.

Moore may be fine for finishing out an already lost season, but if we are suppoe to contend in a really weak division, we need more than a untested backup that only got the job because an ancient lumbering idiot from the U ruptured his achillies last year.

Thanks for the feedback though. The replies confirmed what I thought, nothing really available at this time.

I really think Moore's good to go and at the very least will have a solid future as a backup QB. You can't predict the future, but give him another year or two in the system, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Romo-type coming out of nowhere.

I was far Moore impressed with him than the #1 pick in last years draft.

Did Panther Dave ever come back?

I tried calling him and texting him about two months ago and he did not respond this time. I feel like he is still having his financial problems and I don't think he will be coming back. :wacko:

I wish him well and hope he gets back on his feet and at some point makes things right with Jax and Tough Luck even if it is down the road....

Or perhaps more like another "out of nowhere" Beaver QB. :wacko:

Another good example. Believe it or not, I drafted Anderson in his rookie year and had him on DTS for awile. Eventually cut him to free up a spot. :D