[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Pick You MOST REGRET So Far.......

splotchman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earnest Wilford 21.01 in AOTAOP and trading for Gocong in the same draft.

Adding Torian at 1.12 in Dragon #9 keeper league right before he got hurt, but have him for 4 years so it's OK.

Edited by Randall

In my local auction ($300 cap) I had one RB position to fill and was trying to save $8-$12 to get Chris Johnson of the Titans at the latter part of the draft. I draft with a lot of Seahawk fans and was trying to get a couple owners to fill their RB spots and their cap to make it easier for me to acquire CJ.

I threw out Maurice Morris for $4.00 and the damn room went silent! Worst sound I could have ever imagined. With all the Hawk fans in the room and Morris projected as the starter I thought he would go for at least $10-$15? So I got Morris as my last RB! He might turn out to be good value at $4.00 but he wasn't who I wanted. Chris Johnson went for $3.00 about 20 minutes later! Lesson learned.

dude we need you to check in the genlost forum ASAP.... sent you a PM.

thnx

sorry for the hijack.

Passed at 4.02 TJ Housh for Thomas Jones in PPR league b/c I thought big dropoff in RBs after Jones. Now am kicking myself... :wacko:

Biggest draft pick you regret thus far??

I pick T Jones over TJ Housh every time and twice on Sundays. What new developments make you wish you hadn't done that?

Apparently we had the same draft - I took Roddy in the 5th (as my 3rd WR), Stewart in the 6th and ended up with Garrard (who I got in the 12th) as my QB in a 12 team PPR league. Only difference is that I'm actually happy with these picks . . .

:wacko: Good luck to us this year!

For the record, I drafted Garrard way before the 12th. You also got better value on Stewart. I had to take him in the 5th, or as I liked to call it in IBL, rookie running back round. That's where the run started in all 5 drafts.

I have a new one. I was drafting from the 12 hole in my local yesterday. I picked Delhomme as my starter in the 8th round. At the 9/10 turn I passed on Schaub. Coming at me in round 11, Schaub goes 3 picks ahead of me as the second backup QB drafted (Flacco was the first, HA!). Since my high upside backup was nabbed, I value pick WR and RB. Well wouldn't you know it, the mother of all runs occurs and EVERY TEAM that doesn't have one drafts a backup QB in round 12. Since that happened, I left my backup pick til the the last turn of the draft(no other QBs were taken in the interim) and ended up with O'Sullivan because I think he'll outperform the other crap that was available. So now I'm left with a worrisome (though high upside) starter and a SF QB. Oh dear.

I have a new one. I was drafting from the 12 hole in my local yesterday. I picked Delhomme as my starter in the 8th round. At the 9/10 turn I passed on Schaub. Coming at me in round 11, Schaub goes 3 picks ahead of me as the second backup QB drafted (Flacco was the first, HA!). Since my high upside backup was nabbed, I value pick WR and RB. Well wouldn't you know it, the mother of all runs occurs and EVERY TEAM that doesn't have one drafts a backup QB in round 12. Since that happened, I left my backup pick til the the last turn of the draft(no other QBs were taken in the interim) and ended up with O'Sullivan because I think he'll outperform the other crap that was available. So now I'm left with a worrisome (though high upside) starter and a SF QB. Oh dear.

Yep, I've drafted in the #2 and #12 spot this year. You can't be afraid to reach a round or two in those spots, because you can't count on anyone coming back to you. You're pretty much stuck with either starting or ending runs, and it's much better to start them.

I picked Selvin Young at pick# 69 in my keeper league--I'm thinking I should have gone with Lendale White or Mendendall--

any opinions one way or another is appreciated!!

I don't believe so. The Andre Hall & Ryan Torrain handcuffs are much cheaper than Willie Parker for Mendenhall or Chris Johnson for Lendale White.