[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How deep is your "Man-Love"?

Ziachild007

Maybe not the best way to ask that question, but is there anyone you will go out of your way to get in your drafts. For me, as a lot of you know, its Andre Johnson. So far out of the 8 leagues I am in I have managed to get him in 6. I usually dont reach for him, but will take him early in the second if I need to. I honestly think that is about where he should be going.......up there with the Fitzgeralds and Colstons, but still behind Wayne, Moss, and probably TO. If I can't manage to snag him in the draft I will overpay to get him via trade if I can. Is there anyone you go out of your way to get?

Maybe not the best way to ask that question, but is there anyone you will go out of your way to get in your drafts. For me, as a lot of you know, its Andre Johnson. So far out of the 8 leagues I am in I have managed to get him in 6. I usually dont reach for him, but will take him early in the second if I need to. I honestly think that is about where he should be going.......up there with the Fitzgeralds and Colstons, but still behind Wayne, Moss, and probably TO. If I can't manage to snag him in the draft I will overpay to get him via trade if I can. Is there anyone you go out of your way to get?

that seems to be where everyone else has him, so I'm surprised you'd end up with him in 75% of your leagues.

I can't think of anyone that really fits that bill for me this year. I'm ending up with chris perry quite a bit, but I don't think I'm reaching for him at all. it's more like, "he's still there? really? well, ok :wacko:"

I seem to be ending up with Cotchery in a lot of leagues. And Lavenues in those where I don't have Jerrico.

I scarcely think it's man-love, however.

I always draft Brad Smith in my 32 team leagues, just because I'm a Missouri fan. Considering Rucker in a couple. :wacko:

that seems to be where everyone else has him, so I'm surprised you'd end up with him in 75% of your leagues.

I can't think of anyone that really fits that bill for me this year. I'm ending up with chris perry quite a bit, but I don't think I'm reaching for him at all. it's more like, "he's still there? really? well, ok :wacko:"

Some are dynasty leagues, where I either drafted him in previous years or traded for him.

GMX (2005 - 16 teams) : gave up

Everett, Kevin BUF TE

Urlacher, Brian CHI LB

2006 rookie 3.11

got back:

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

2006 rookie 2.16

2006 rookie 5.16

ATAP (2008 - 16 teams): gave up

Grossman, Rex CHI QB

Woodson, Andre' NYG QB

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Year 2009 Round 1 Draft Pick

got back:

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Davis, Andra CLE LB

DeCoud, Thomas ATL S

Year 2009 Round 4 Draft Pick

AOTAOP (2008 - 16 team): Drafted him at 1.14 :D (Although it was my second pick. Took LT at 1.03)

TAR (2008 - 8 team auction): Spent $37 on him, roughly 19% of the cap.

HFA2 (2008 - 32 team): Started with him as one of my 8 homer keepers.

Spy Sweeper (2008 - 14 team): Drafted him at 2.09 (Good value for a 14 teamer I think.

I have one more local draft Saturday, but unless I get a late first round pick, I probably won't end up with him there. My affection for him in that league is very well known. :D

Calvin Johnson in Dynasty start ups. I paid Zia a decent price to get him via trade because I think he will be a big talent for a while

Yeah about that.............can we have a do over? :wacko:

I grabbed Roddy White in both my leagues but mostly just because he was there later than I thought he should have been. In fact, while I sort of had him targeted, I made a point of waiting at least a round later than he should have gone based on my rankings because I figured I could get away with it. Turns out, I was right.

Other than that, my teams are completely different and sort of by design.

I'm completely convinced that Brees will go off and was ecstatic to land him at the end of the 4th in my 8 team league. I would have had a really hard time passing on him with pick 3.05 in my 10 man but he didn't last that long. Good news is, however, that the aforementioned Andre Johnson did (which was certainly among my favorite picks in that draft).

Vincent Jackson - He will have a bigger year than Chambers. They have been careful with him and protecting his hammy so it does not bother him during the season.

Chad Johnson--I've had him in my local, Dynasty Wars, both, and/or any of my other leagues for about six years running. Last year, in my local, I blew out my auction cap on him, and when the bidding was closed donned a brand-new CJ jersey. Fortunately for me I blew the rest of my cash on Tom Brady and SJAX, and despite starting scrubs at nearly every other position I cashed in. I won it all, as I did the first year I had him . . . I think a six-season run of making the playoffs, starting and ending with a championship. This year, I'd already decided to 'break up' with CJ--I traded him away in Dynasty Wars and I won't be keeping him or paying for him in my local. It's sad to see a mancrush end, but the Bungles are once again a train wreck and Ocho Cinco's the brakeman.

Peace

policy

I have wagered that the Delhomme to Smith love would return this year in several leagues. I have Steve Smith and sometimes Delhomme too.

I failed a few years ago when I wagered on the McNair to Mason magic moving from Tennessee to Baltimore, but hopefully I'm right about this.

Chad Johnson--I've had him in my local, Dynasty Wars, both, and/or any of my other leagues for about six years running. Last year, in my local, I blew out my auction cap on him, and when the bidding was closed donned a brand-new CJ jersey. Fortunately for me I blew the rest of my cash on Tom Brady and SJAX, and despite starting scrubs at nearly every other position I cashed in. I won it all, as I did the first year I had him . . . I think a six-season run of making the playoffs, starting and ending with a championship. This year, I'd already decided to 'break up' with CJ--I traded him away in Dynasty Wars and I won't be keeping him or paying for him in my local. It's sad to see a mancrush end, but the Bungles are once again a train wreck and Ocho Cinco's the brakeman.

Peace

policy

:wacko: You have had bad luck with the spamshirts. First Charlie Batch and now this?

A guy in my league will take Randy Moss with his first pick no matter what. He took him with the 2nd pick last year. Peeople laughed at him. He then has to scrap for RBs later on and he ends up with AD. He almost went undefeated last year.