[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Case 4 Barber

Let It Ride

Little surprised the rankings have him so low at 12.

Obviously everyone knows he is a TD machine. Most likely 12-16 TD's this yr.

But why so low?

Is it because he hasnt gotten full time duty yet?

Looking at his 2006 and 2007 numbers it was noticeable that he lacked total plays.

2006 :167 plays and 181 Fpts. Ranking was 39th in plays and 14th in points.

2007: 258 plays and 198 Fpts. Ranking was 18th in plays and 7th in scoring.

Most of the top 10 RB's average around 350-450 plays per yr! Thast a huge discrepancy for Barber,yet, he is up there in total points.

If you feel he will get 100 more plays this yr., you would have to think his scoring would rise somewhat and make him within the 5-8 range of RB's.

Now I know his numbers are with 16 games each season and he hovers around 12 points per game,but, it also shows that he is durable even after increasing his workload by 90+plays from 2006 to 2007.

I see him in the second tier and competing against Jackson,Portis,Lynch and Gore. Definitely ahead of LJ, Jamal Lewis and Grant.

I have it in a standard performance ,non PPR league as follows..........1. Jackson 2.Barber 3.Gore 4.Portis/Lynch the same.

Please give me reasons why he is not in the same group as I mentioned above. Or more reasons why you agree that he is in the second tier of RB's.

Thanks.

the thing that worries me is that there have been other backups/chane of pace backs that look great in their cop scenario who don' treally live up to expectations when they get the full time gig.

I am thinking of Troy Hambrick in Dallas and Lamont Jordan in Oakland as two examples.

I am not saying that MBIII will do poorly, I am just saying that a lot of people might be taking the wait and see approach for one season.

the thing that worries me is that there have been other backups/chane of pace backs that look great in their cop scenario who don' treally live up to expectations when they get the full time gig.

I am thinking of Troy Hambrick in Dallas and Lamont Jordan in Oakland as two examples.

I am not saying that MBIII will do poorly, I am just saying that a lot of people might be taking the wait and see approach for one season.

Understandable on the change of pace scenario.......BUT, wouldnt you rather reap the rewards then sit and watch the guy tear it up? I mean he has oen of the best knacks for finding the "house"!

To win in FF you have to reach in drafts and take risks....if you stay safe you will be in the middle of the pack. IMO.

Took ADP last yr. in the third round of a 12 team performance league....everyone was laughing at me then......I got the last laugh!

Understandable on the change of pace scenario.......BUT, wouldnt you rather reap the rewards then sit and watch the guy tear it up? I mean he has oen of the best knacks for finding the "house"!

To win in FF you have to reach in drafts and take risks....if you stay safe you will be in the middle of the pack. IMO.

Took ADP last yr. in the third round of a 12 team performance league....everyone was laughing at me then......I got the last laugh!

Risks in round 1? :wacko:

Oh I agree with taking chances I was simply stating my opinion on why MBIII might be getting ranked lower than his previous seasons stats indicate he should be.

Since that was the question :wacko:

Risks in round 1? :wacko:

Injuries????

Hes played two straight yrs of 16 games. Mayeb not as many plays but your doubting a guy on injuries??????

Everyone is injury prone to a certain degree.......

Plus, isnt it a risk for you to take him before the other guys?

All I know is that he's a joy to watch when he's on my fantasy team. I've seen him picked middle 1st round to late 2nd. I wouldn't knock anyone for taking him ahead of Lewis, Grant, or MJD. Is taking LJ in the first round not a risk? I think it is.

Did Barber not wear down against the Giants in the playoffs last year because he had touched the ball too many times that week? The guy is a beast in the role that he's already in. They shipped out Julius Jones and brought someone in with there first round pick to do what JJ couldn't do. To assume that Felix Jones isn't going to get plenty of touches is insane imo. Barber is a beast, but I think he loses a lot of that if you try to make him the every down back. And he needs to outscore Portis before he's ranked ahead of him.

Is taking LJ in the first round not a risk? I think it is.

But the reward is much greater than that of Barber. Barber isn't an every down workhorse back as LJ has been in the past and could still be. I'm not knocking Barber, but I think he's an elite RB2 or a lowend rb1. He isn't capable of putting up the yards that he needs to to be in that area.

But the reward is much greater than that of Barber. Barber isn't an every down workhorse back as LJ has been in the past and could still be. I'm not knocking Barber, but I think he's an elite RB2 or a lowend rb1. He isn't capable of putting up the yards that he needs to to be in that area.

the bolded part is where the key words are...

MBIII is a TD beast that should get more touches this year which should equal more production. I have him as a top 10 RB but expect a RBBC approach similar to last year with Felix Jones spelling Barber. Why change what worked so well last year for the Cowboys? I will say this, there is no way I put Barber ahead of SJax like some have mentioned in this thread.

After watching the week 3 Dallas preseason game, Barber went up in my rankings. Wille he wear down? Will he get hurt? Will he share carries? How good (and healthy) is the RB's O line?

To one extent or another, these are questions facing every RB in the NFL. Peterson got hurt last year, and the D will stack 9 men up folowing him around the field, but I would not hesitate for a second to take him at 1.02. Will LT start to wear down this year... and some might even say "again" this year? Will Spoles who looked good in preseason spell LT more often to keep him fresh? SJ held out, and that Ram O line has to be an injury worry too. Even Addai's O line is all banged up.

I had Barber in my second teir with Addai, SJ and Portis, another guy that gets hurt every year. I like Barber because for the most part, the Dallas O line is solid and healthy, and isn't one dimensional, they have weapons in the passing game. That will keep D's honest.... I can't say that about Portis and maybe even SJ. I'd say that in some circles, he is very under rated.

I'm just saying SJAX is coming off holdout,injury,bad team and a line that is thin and injury prone...Westy is always hurt...Addai has the schedule from hell and Saturday is out for a while and the other backs don't do it for me so I'm going witha guy who plays on a good team,good line, goal line back and is going to get more touches that nobody can say will hurt his numbers for sure...MB

Edited by Favre4ever

I'm just saying SJAX is coming off holdout,injury,bad team and a line that is thin and injury prone...Westy is always hurt...Addai has the schedule from hell and Saturday is out for a while and the other backs don't do it for me so I'm going witha guy who plays on a good team,good line, goal line back and is going to get more touches that nobody can say will hurt his numbers for sure...

: :wacko: