[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Case 4 Barber

Let It Ride

Injuries????

Hes played two straight yrs of 16 games. Mayeb not as many plays but your doubting a guy on injuries??????

Everyone is injury prone to a certain degree.......

Plus, isnt it a risk for you to take him before the other guys?

Thank you, that's kind of where I was going with that too..

MBIII Doesn't really have an "Injury History" so to speak.

That one kind of came from left field

They shipped out Julius Jones and brought someone in with there first round pick to do what JJ couldn't do. To assume that Felix Jones isn't going to get plenty of touches is insane imo.

This is the point that most people don't understand. They ship out Julius Jones and give MBIII a fat contract...YAY!!! Barber is a consensus top-7 pick. But they drafted Felix Jones with their first pick. What does that tell you, folks? To me, it says Barber hit his ceiling last year, when Julius was pretty ineffective.

If Felix performs as they expect him to, Barber's production will go DOWN from last year -- not up.

This is the point that most people don't understand. They ship out Julius Jones and give MBIII a fat contract...YAY!!! Barber is a consensus top-7 pick. But they drafted Felix Jones with their first pick. What does that tell you, folks? To me, it says Barber hit his ceiling last year, when Julius was pretty ineffective.

If Felix performs as they expect him to, Barber's production will go DOWN from last year -- not up.

Sorry bro but I strongly disagree. Felix is gonna be a special teamer. Nothing more. Like I've said all along, a poor mans Reggie Bush..and thats pushing it. The RB with more value for the future is Rashard Choice...not Felix.

Sorry bro but I strongly disagree. Felix is gonna be a special teamer. Nothing more. Like I've said all along, a poor mans Reggie Bush..and thats pushing it. The RB with more value for the future is Rashard Choice...not Felix.

Well, even if Felix Jones DOES suck, how long do you think Jerrah and the 'Boys will allow him to prove it? Roughly the same amount of time they gave Julius Jones? I still don't see much reason to project any sort of increase in MBIII's numbers.

By shipping out JJ, MBIII has become an elite RB IMO. Its insane to me that people are projecting Felix to take substantial carries away from Barber. I have him ranked above all the RB's you listed except SJ.

When Jerry Jones asked Wade Philips about how many carries did he see Felix Jones getting each game Phillips answer was about 10, and Jerry seemed to think that was about right. Dallas is a pretty pass happy team under Phillips. They throw 55% of the time and run about 45% of the time. They average 61 offensive plays a game. So Dallas is going to rush the ball about 27 times a game. If Wade is going to give Felix the ball 10 that leaves 17 rushing plays. You figure between Choice being subed in, and Anderson getting a carry or so a game, there goes two more, so now Barber is down to 15 rushes a game. So Barber will probably end up with 242 rushes this year, which is about one fewer a game than he had last year. Figure in the tougher rushing schedule, and Barber should be about the 10th-12th back taken.