[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre johnson

LayLow

I am very high on Johnson if he does not get hurt. He started off last year as a beast and one of the top recievers in the league the first few weeks before he got hurt. He and Shaub seem to have a great connection. He is the reciever that i was targeting all along for my draft considering my draft position and i picked him as my number 1 reciever as well and i am happy that I got him when i did at 3.1. With out injury, i think he will be right behind Moss and TO as one of the top three recievers this year. But, that is just my opinion.

Edited by brett21

I agree. I have him as my #2 behind Moss and think he will have a monster year, barring injury. I think his injury history scared a lot of people off and I was able to grab him at 3.6. He was tearing it up last year before he got injured, but injury is the clearly the X-factor with AJ

Risk-Reward. If healthy, he's a top 5 guy easy. And unlike Wayne, Moss, Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, and other elite WRs, if Andre Johnson's starting QB goes down with an injury Johnson is unlikely to miss a beat with the Texans' back up QB (Rosenfels) at the helm.

Plus, the both the Texans DEF and running game are pretty bad, so you know they're gonna throw the ball a lot each and every game.

Edited by yo mama

I had him. Just traded him straight up for Reggie Wayne.

Man, that WR corps of yours is just sick. I see you paid for it at RB after drafting Peterson, but if you start three WRs, you're going to be deadly.

I actually have both Wayne and Johnson after trading my first and second round picks for AJ in a keeper league. Johnson isn't a player I can honestly say I feel real comfortable with having on my roster as he's burned me in the past, but when he suits up, he's an absolute beast under our league's scoring rules.

Edited by tomfin2000

Andre Johnson is the real deal when healthy. The problem is that he is arguably the slowest healer in NFL history. I drafted him at 2.10 in one league anyway, and have a draft this weekend in which I'm hoping to get him at 2.11. He looks healthy now, and his numbers shouldn't really suffer much if Schaub goes down. But if they both stay healthy, I can't think of a WR outside of Randy Moss with a higher ceiling.

Man, that WR corps of yours is just sick. I see you paid for it at RB after drafting Peterson, but if you start three WRs, you're going to be deadly.

I actually have both Wayne and Johnson after trading my first and second round picks for AJ in a keeper league. Johnson isn't a player I can honestly say I feel real comfortable with having on my roster as he's burned me in the past, but when he suits up, he's an absolute beast under our league's scoring rules.

I know.. I love it!! People in my league told me i'm stupid for scaraficing RB's, but this is a PPR league. And I can start 4 WR's. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, W/R FLEX, K, DEF. Peterson with the 3rd pick, then it was Johnson, Colston, Holmes, Ca. Johnson with my next 4. I am a Colts homer, and the guy who drafted Wayne offered me Wayne for Johnson straight up cause he changed his mind and likes Johnson's upside better than Wayne's. I'm so ready for this season to start. If you ask me, I've got the best team in this league. It all depends on if Stewart OR Chris Johnson can emerge as a solid #2.

I know.. I love it!! People in my league told me i'm stupid for scaraficing RB's, but this is a PPR league. And I can start 4 WR's. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, W/R FLEX, K, DEF. Peterson with the 3rd pick, then it was Johnson, Colston, Holmes, Ca. Johnson with my next 4. I am a Colts homer, and the guy who drafted Wayne offered me Wayne for Johnson straight up cause he changed his mind and likes Johnson's upside better than Wayne's. I'm so ready for this season to start. If you ask me, I've got the best team in this league. It all depends on if Stewart OR Chris Johnson can emerge as a solid #2.

Don't you worry about Stew. You will be just fine :wacko:

Here's hoping that AJ follows in the footsteps of Freddie Taylor, who after countless sessions with his psychiatrist, has managed to string together consecutive injury free campaigns, nearly shedding his long held nickname, Fragile Fred.

Here's hoping that AJ follows in the footsteps of Freddie Taylor, who after countless sessions with his psychiatrist, has managed to string together consecutive injury free campaigns, nearly shedding his long held nickname, Fragile Fred.

I have wondered for some time now how Andre Johnson has developed the "injury prone" label. Before last year, he only missed 3 games for his career. Last years injury was a pretty bad sprained PCL and MCL sprain and he still managed to come back and finish out the season strong (46 rec, 589 yds, 5 TDs). Its not like he has missed multiple games every season through out his career, but his "injury history" seems to be the biggest knock on him.

lol - I love how many people go "he's awesome - if healthy." Well duh. The question is how much of a risk do you think he is......I've gone back and forth all month.

Uhh, I think that's the point. Everyone recognizes his talent but is somewhat scared off by his recent injury history. :wacko: