[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DL Derrick Harvey

I've been lurking for awhile - great info - as its tough to find good help with IDP and finally decided to register and post a question.

Rookie DL Derrick Harvey has ended his hold out and joined the Jaguars. I see that he is listed behind Paul Spicer in the depth chart and its assumed that he'll be used in a rotation, not projected to get rolling until mid-season because of his hold out, lack of practices, conditioning, etc. Do you see him contributing with decent Fantasy points right away?

I'm somewhat desperate for a DL that will get me some points. I'm in a 14 team league starting 2 DLs. 1 pt tk, 0.5 pt atk, 4 pts sack and misc. other pts. Pickings are pretty slim. I've been trying to decide between Harvey, Dwight Freeney IND, and Kenyan Coleman NYJ.

I have Trent Cole PHI, and Darnell Dockett ARI and am looking for a bye week fill in or replacement for Dockett - both my guys are bye week 7 (as is Harvey - damn!).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

If you're looking at Harvey as a bye week replacement only, then he should be off your radar since he shares a bye with both of your current DLs.

Globally speaking, though, Harvey's an interesting story. He finally signed, and who knows if he'll even play Week 1. He's certainly talented and at some point in the season, should figure into the rotation. There are a good bunch of both young and veteran DEs on the roster, though, so I'd temper my expectations this season. Next few seasons, though, he could become a force.

In your situation, I'd probably give Freeney a chance.