[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obomanu

Seahawks21

The initial word is that he is out 6-8 weeks, although Holmgren said that IR is a definite possibility.

Ok, now I'm scared. Logan Payne is still banged up. Does this mean it's Michael Bumpus time? He may be worth a late late flyer or could be a name to keep on the radar as far as pickups. This also has to raise the value of Courtney Taylor a little bit. If Taylor doesn't play well, the Hawks could be in real trouble this time.

Does that secure Taylor at the flanker position? I snagged Taylor in a PPR league as I'm HOPING the flanker position for Seattle will get the most targets this year.

Taylor already had the flanker position locked down. The other guy here I think you have to consider is Seneca Wallace. He may not get enough targets to become startable, but he should have an opportunity or two for a big play. Keep an eye on it.

Taylor already had the flanker position locked down. The other guy here I think you have to consider is Seneca Wallace. He may not get enough targets to become startable, but he should have an opportunity or two for a big play. Keep an eye on it.

So I take it the talk of moving Wallace to WR full time wasn't just speculation? Isn't this the info that got Holgrem's daughter kicked out of a FF league due to insider information?? :wacko:

So I take it the talk of moving Wallace to WR full time wasn't just speculation? Isn't this the info that got Holgrem's daughter kicked out of a FF league due to insider information?? :wacko:

No, Seneca isn't moving full-time. He is clearly our #2 QB. He will get more looks at WR as Holmgren becomes more comfortable with Charlie Frye, but there is no debate that Seneca is our #2 QB.

He's absolutely not a WR. He may get an opportunity, just like Leonard Weaver and possibly Justin Forsett get opportunities in routes out of the backfield. The Hawks are suddenly absolutely razor thin at WR, but they seem to have a plethora of minor options available. Somehow, as a fan, I'm not panicking yet despite the fact that 3 of the top 4 WR from last year are out. Expect some real value from C.Taylor who presumably is available somewhere past Round 10.

Burleson's value went through the roof... and NOW, does he draw a double team with the dearth of available targets for Hass? Seattle may lose it's death grip on that division this year... not lookin good.

I sort of disagree. I think Burleson's value doesn't dramatically increase. I think Courtney Taylor is going to be the biggest beneficiary of all this mess. I'm not sure Obomanu was more than the WR3 in this offense. Jordan Kent might become a value pick here as well.

Also, Engram is due back after the bye for a Wk 5 matchup @ the Giants. The first three games are @ Buffalo, and then home vs. SF and STL. The offense is a gigantic series of question marks, but the defense is super solid and I still think 2-1 is the worst case scenario with this group of healthy players.

I sort of disagree. I think Burleson's value doesn't dramatically increase. I think Courtney Taylor is going to be the biggest beneficiary of all this mess. I'm not sure Obomanu was more than the WR3 in this offense. Jordan Kent might become a value pick here as well.

Also, Engram is due back after the bye for a Wk 5 matchup @ the Giants. The first three games are @ Buffalo, and then home vs. SF and STL. The offense is a gigantic series of question marks, but the defense is super solid and I still think 2-1 is the worst case scenario with this group of healthy players.

I've said this numerous times here, but one more never hurts. Kent is nothing more than Burleson's backup. Neither one of them know how to play any other position. Barring an injury to Burleson, Kent will rarely see the field. While I think he is probably the most talented of all the young guys, the Seahawks got a little unlucky in that the one position he plays is the only position where they have a healthy starter.

I would think after Taylor, the next guy in terms of fantasy value is probably Logan Payne. After him, right now, it is probably Michael Bumpus. The disturbing thing is to look at the roster spots available. They now have 3 WR's hurt, but didn't plan on keeping more than 6 on the active roster to start the season. My hunch is that Obomanu heads right to the IR and is now out for the season, since they are going to need his roster spot for most likely Bumpus. After Engram and Branch come back, they can slide Bumpus back to the practice squad. I have a feeling they are really going to miss DJ Hackett.

I've said this numerous times here, but one more never hurts. Kent is nothing more than Burleson's backup. Neither one of them know how to play any other position. Barring an injury to Burleson, Kent will rarely see the field. While I think he is probably the most talented of all the young guys, the Seahawks got a little unlucky in that the one position he plays is the only position where they have a healthy starter.

Yep, they will make certain that as long as Nate Burleson is healthy, a 6-4 set of hands will never see the field.

Yep, they will make certain that as long as Nate Burleson is healthy, a 6-4 set of hands will never see the field.

Dude, this is gettin old, isn't it? Go to practice sometime. You will NEVER see Jordan Kent and Nate Burleson on the field at the same time. They don't want to teach Kent another position because he is so raw. They are still trying to make him play without thinking. You may think Kent is ready to learn another position, but the decision is not yours, it is that of the coaching staff. Now, Kent may play a few plays in Burleson's place, but they will never be on the field together. The information I am giving you is a fact, not in any way my opinion. If this was my only my opinion I would of course debate this issue with you, but its just not. It is a fact. Have you seen them on the field at all together this preseason? For one play?!!? Didn't think so. Become informed of the facts before you rip me, sir. I guess this is just me being wrong again, right? Wanna put a little wager on how often Kent sees the field? Didn't think so. Seriously, if you have no idea what you're talking about, why open your mouth?

Barring an injury to Burleson, Kent will rarely see the field.

Before wading through your piss to try and break down exactly what you got a panty in the bunch about, I'd like to point out that this is what you said.

FACT: Kent has a physical set of tools that no other WR on the roster has.

FACT: He is one of FOUR healthy wide receivers on the Week 1 roster.

Logic dictates he has a role on the field regardless of Burleson's status.

Before wading through your piss to try and break down exactly what you got a panty in the bunch about, I'd like to point out that this is what you said.

In the red zone I do believe he will be given targets whether Burleson in on the field or not.

I would think after Taylor, the next guy in terms of fantasy value is probably Logan Payne. After him, right now, it is probably Michael Bumpus. The disturbing thing is to look at the roster spots available. They now have 3 WR's hurt, but didn't plan on keeping more than 6 on the active roster to start the season. My hunch is that Obomanu heads right to the IR and is now out for the season, since they are going to need his roster spot for most likely Bumpus. After Engram and Branch come back, they can slide Bumpus back to the practice squad. I have a feeling they are really going to miss DJ Hackett.

Bumpus got "bumped" off the team and is probably going to make the practice squad.

They very well may be designing formations and plays for Kent as we speak. These, as of yet, have not been on display at practice.

Holmgren said on sports radio this week that the Seahawks will do very little if any for the next few weeks from the Eagle set (four wides). I wlll get as close to his quote as possible, where he said something along the lines of not wanting to rush the young guys onto the field in spots that they aren't comfortable at. We have to remember that Jordan Kent didn't ever play football in his whole life until he was a senior in college. They are still teaching him the basics of playing football, so they aren't in a hurry to teach him a new position in such a complex offense, especially a position that he will only play for a few weeks anyhow. There are more important things to his development.

Look, I agree with both your points, wholeheartedly, I believe Holmgren does as well. Kent has the best physical tools of the group, and there aren't enough receivers. That still doesn't change the fact that Jordan Kent doesn't know how the playbook from any position other than split end. Throwing him in there and hoping he understands the plays is not the kind of thing that Holmgren usually takes chances on. You guys make it seem like I'm bashing Jordan Kent. It couldn't be farther from the truth. I've been touting this kid ever since his first practice two years ago. Holmgren at this point doesn't seem comfortable throwing the kid at a position he doesn't know. No physical tools or lack of depth will change this. Regardless of what you or I want to come to fruition, Mike Holmgren is in charge, and he isn't gonna throw Kent out there. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. For the last time....Jordan Kent is Nate Burleson's backup. If Nate was one of the guys hurt, Kent would be on the field. Burleson is healthy. Branch and Engram are hurt. Therefore, their backups will be on the field, not Burleson's backup. I don't know how it could be any more logical.

Edited by Seahawks21

Bumpus got "bumped" off the team and is probably going to make the practice squad.

I was pretty surprised by this. The Seahawks are going to go into the regular season with 4 WR's, two of which only play one position. I thought by sheer numbers that Bumpus would make the team. To me this could indicate that Deion Branch is going to be back sooner rather than later.