[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenny Watson - why no love?

Trots

I don't think they believe that Perry can carry the load either. He has given them zero reason to think he can.

agreed. it will be a rbbc, but Perry is at least the announced starter.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Perry will get injured as usual (42 DNPs) within the first 4 weeks and then Watson will be the default starter. He played pretty damn well last year as we all know, but the team has never seemed too high on his upside. I'd try to stay away from this guy in the draft, because I think the Bungles offensive line is a mess. He might be worth taking a flier on, though.

Marvin Lewis says Perry is the man:

From CBS:

head coach Marvin Lewis said. "He's worked extremely hard to return from his injury to have this (opportunity), and he's made good on it. Now it's time, so he has everything to play for. It ought to be exciting to him. Right now he'll be our starting back. We have felt very comfortable keeping him in there on third down, so I think he'll log more playing time than anyone we've had back there for a while."

Marvin Lewis says Perry is the man:

From CBS:

head coach Marvin Lewis said. "He's worked extremely hard to return from his injury to have this (opportunity), and he's made good on it. Now it's time, so he has everything to play for. It ought to be exciting to him. Right now he'll be our starting back. We have felt very comfortable keeping him in there on third down, so I think he'll log more playing time than anyone we've had back there for a while."

Surprising comments from Lewis, imo. I had Watson or Dorsey to get alot of 3rd down work, but if his comments hold true Perry could be one of the very few NON-RBBC backs in the league. It's a big "if" , but if he can stay healthy, he'd have to be moved inside the top 25 RB's. That could be quite a surprise for owners taking him in rounds 10+ .

Surprising comments from Lewis, imo. I had Watson or Dorsey to get alot of 3rd down work, but if his comments hold true Perry could be one of the very few NON-RBBC backs in the league. It's a big "if" , but if he can stay healthy, he'd have to be moved inside the top 25 RB's. That could be quite a surprise for owners taking him in rounds 10+ .

I'm convinced Perry can't stay on the field. Watson is a sneaky play to be sure But let's not get too excited, It is the Bengals after all.

Edited by rattsass

I'm convinced Perry can't stay on the field. Watson is a sneaky play to be sure But let's not get too excited, It is the Bengals after all.

Didn't Rudi amass the most yards in the NFL in 2 seasons there , '05 and '06 ? It is just the Bengals, but in FF , the idea of a RB getting 90% of the carries is nothing to sneeze at. Your point on his injuries is noted, but Fred Taylor had the same type of stigma attached to his name and has shut up his doubters. It is possible that Perry can play 10 games, in which case , he could be of great value. In an offense that must score 30+ PPG to win, he has value and if the preseason was any indication, it appears they plan on using him very often in the passing game.

Didn't Rudi amass the most yards in the NFL in 2 seasons there , '05 and '06 ? It is just the Bengals, but in FF , the idea of a RB getting 90% of the carries is nothing to sneeze at. Your point on his injuries is noted, but Fred Taylor had the same type of stigma attached to his name and has shut up his doubters. It is possible that Perry can play 10 games, in which case , he could be of great value. In an offense that must score 30+ PPG to win, he has value and if the preseason was any indication, it appears they plan on using him very often in the passing game.

I'm probably biased beyond repair with Perry. I have wasted a roster spot with him on multiple occasions over the last few years and I have just given up on him. Yes, I did draft him in the 9th round on one of my teams. But this isn't the Bengals team of '05-'06, and I am not expecting much if anything from my 9th round investment. If he comes through, great, but not counting on that by any means.