[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need IDP help

I am fairly new to IDPs. I play in a Yahoo league with my family and I have a few questions about IDPs. Our scoring is:

Tackle Solo (1)

Tackle Assist (0.5)

Sack (2)

Interception (3)

Fumble Force (2)

Fumble Recovery (3)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Block Kick (2)

I have Gibril Wilson, Adrian Wilson, Sean Jones, Bob Sanders, Kerry Rhodes. I have to start three. How do I go about assessing who to start? I would appreciate your help as I don't really have a feel for this part of FF. I have played mostly in leagues with offensive players only but the commish (my husband) thought it would be fun to add IDPs.

Considering that all 5 of these players are very worthy of starting, and some could argue that they are essentially the best 5 DB's to have in a heavy tackle format, you just have to flip a coin on who starts.

Having those 5 players and no LineBackers makes no sense.

I do need to ask if this post is for real.

Considering that all 5 of these players are very worthy of starting, and some could argue that they are essentially the best 5 DB's to have in a heavy tackle format, you just have to flip a coin on who starts.

Having those 5 players and no LineBackers makes no sense.

I do need to ask if this post is for real.

Why do you need to ask if this post is for real? I said I didn't know about IDPs and I needed help. Can you help?

How do I analyze who is best to start and what LB's might I want to acquire and in place of whom?

We did an autodraft on Yahoo! and I think that many of my fellow league mates did not rank their own IDPs. Yahoo does a crappy job of ranking IDPs. Last season it ranked lots of guys who didn't even make the team ahead of star IDPs. I think I got all the good IDPs because nobody else bothered to rank them.

Why do you need to ask if this post is for real? I said I didn't know about IDPs and I needed help. Can you help?

How do I analyze who is best to start and what LB's might I want to acquire and in place of whom?

We did an autodraft on Yahoo! and I think that many of my fellow league mates did not rank their own IDPs. Yahoo does a crappy job of ranking IDPs. Last season it ranked lots of guys who didn't even make the team ahead of star IDPs. I think I got all the good IDPs because nobody else bothered to rank them.

What linebackers are left? They are typically the highest-scoring IDPs.

You do have five of the top DBs, but I'd recommend getting LBs as well or instead.

Are all available. Who do I drop and who do I keep?

I'd add 5 of these guys in order and start the top 3.

P. Willis

DeMeco Ryans

Jon Beason

London Fletcher

Nick Barnett

EJ Henderson

Ernie Sims

Kirk Morrison

DJ Williams

James Harrison

Your scoring system rewards tackles more than anything. LBs get the most tackles. Ints and sacks are just bonus points in any given week. Stick with LBs and if you can land Willis, Ryans and Beason you'll be off to a pretty good start regardless of you offense players.

The DBs are all good but will not score as many points as the LBs over a season

Edited by Zooty

In my IDP league last year, here were the top LB's and the points they scored.

1. Willis, Patrick SFO LB 295

2. Urlacher, Brian CHI LB 250

3. Barnett, Nick GBP LB 233

4. 44. Fletcher-Baker, London WAS LB 231

5. 45. Ryans, DeMeco HOU LB 231

6. 49. Williams, DJ DEN LB 228.0

7. 53. Morrison, Kirk OAK LB 223

8. 56. Beason, Jon CAR LB 221

9. 60. Henderson, E.J. MIN LB 218

10. 64. Witherspoon, Will STL LB 215

And here were the top safeties and the points they scored.

1. Harper, Roman NOS S 194

2. Atogwe, Oshiomogho STL S 193

3. Wilson, Gibril NYG S 183

4. Knight, Sammy JAC S 182

5. Hart, Clinton SDC S 173

6. Sanders, Bob IND S 171

7. Jones, Sean CLE S 170

8. Lewis, Michael SFO S 169

9. Phillips, Jermaine TBB S 168

10. Harris, Chris CAR S 167

So, as you see, traditionally, LB's score more points than DB's. Usually, IDP leagues force you to play a balance of various positions. However, if you aren't breaking it down that way, you should take nothing but LB's. Any of those on your list will do, but Willis was the #1 LB last year, Ryans was the #1 LB the year before. Start there.