[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Devin Hester - (esp. Chi-Town Homers)

MistaWrite

I'm usually not too bad at tabbing a player's potential, but Hester's got me stumped. On the one hand, he's got COMPLETE game-breaking speed and potential and has been tabbed the team's #1 receiver (right, Chi-Town homers?). But on the other hand, Kyle Orton is ... Kyle Orton, and Hester's hands are a question. If he shores up that aspect of his game though - and the route running - he's Smitty reborn.

What do you think?

He is not steve smith re born. He is worthy of keeping an eye on and having as a #4/5 to start the season. They would like to use him as a #1, but he is not that type of receiver. He never played the position until last year.

I know he's new to the position - I was just wondering what the buzz around town has been. Thanx though.

Problem to me is that I cannot think of a single case where some great defensive/special teams player made the leap to being an offensive weapon of any significance. It smacks of Deion Sanders only not quite as fast.

What gil said - whatever Hester is, he ISN'T Steve Smith. I am not investing any draft choices in him. He might have SOME "in case of emergency break glass" value, but overall he's probably going to end up being this generation's Mel Gray.

The buzz around town is that the team will be lucky to win 6 games this year. No buzz about Hester.

I have them to win four, not six. Six would be :wacko:

Hester is neither Smith nor a dud. I think you nailed it - he's a #4 fantasy WR. He'll get a couple of hugh TDs this season and maybe three more routine ones. And then there will be entire games when the Bears don't manage 100 passing yards between them.

I think you gotta love him in any leagues where you get points for return yards and scores. like in 32 homers...he was the #27 WR in the league last year, and he caught, what, 20 balls for 300 yards? if he keeps up the return game and even does something modest like 60 catches for 800, dude could be a nice little fantasy gem. but yeah, if you don't get anything for returns, he's maybe worth a flier as like a 5th WR.

? if he... does something modest like 60 catches for 800, dude could be a nice little fantasy gem. but yeah, if you don't get anything for returns, he's maybe worth a flier as like a 5th WR.

It's all about returns w/Hester. I don't see him hitting 60-800-5 (you didn't specify TDs but Ursa did so I just lumped them in there) even if you include preseason and the playoffs.

What are your thoughts on Marty Booker as the number 1?

My thoughts on the Bears passing game is it looks at Tavaris Jackson throwing to Berrian and Rice and seethes with envy.

My thoughts on the Bears passing game is it looks at Tavaris Jackson throwing to Berrian and Rice and seethes with envy.

In a much nicer view of the Bears passing game, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, for fantasy. I'm hoping they do better than expected but I think the Bears will be fighting for a top five pick by the end of the year. But think about it even Roddy White had a nice year for a team with about the same problem as the Bears concerning the QB carousel. This is going to be one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. Gonna be a long season...

If he had a good QB and was given the usual three years as a receiver to work his way into starting material, then his natural open-field running skills would make him dangerous...

But seeing how he has no QB, and he is being thrown to the wolves, I don't see much coming from him. They tried the same thing with Dante Hall in KC and where is he now? (Still only a special teams guy in St. Louis)

Von