[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC .....

theprofessor

When I watch this team play I get the impression that they are a level above everyone they play. Their athleticism is unmatched in College football. Their coaching staff, in my opinion, has no peers. Their defense is unbelievably fast and has playmakers at every position. They have 5 tailbacks that would start at most, if not all, colleges across the country.

McKnight is an unbelieveable talent but will probably average only 10-12 carries a game because of all the talent they have at tailback. If he was an every down player he would be THE top contender for the heismann. They have been the best College football program over the last 6-7 years and watching them completely embarrass Virginia on the road Saturday I think Ohio State is in huge trouble in a couple weeks.

When I watch this team play I get the impression that they are a level above everyone they play. Their athleticism is unmatched in College football. Their coaching staff, in my opinion, has no peers. Their defense is unbelievably fast and has playmakers at every position. They have 5 tailbacks that would start at most, if not all, colleges across the country.

McKnight is an unbelieveable talent but will probably average only 10-12 carries a game because of all the talent they have at tailback. If he was an every down player he would be THE top contender for the heismann. They have been the best College football program over the last 6-7 years and watching them completely embarrass Virginia on the road Saturday I think Ohio State is in huge trouble in a couple weeks.

That said, they are not devoid of weaknesses and can be beat if the stars align. Obviously, hopefully that doesn't happen this season.

In other news, the UCLA Bruins (who are running ads in local SoCal newspapers claiming the Trojan's PAC10 "monopoly" is now over) have thrown 4 INTs in just the first half against Tennessee. :wacko:

That said, they are not devoid of weaknesses and can be beat if the stars align. Obviously, hopefully that doesn't happen this season.

In other news, the UCLA Bruins (who are running ads in local SoCal newspapers claiming the Trojan's PAC10 "monopoly" is now over) have thrown 4 INTs in just the first half against Tennessee. :wacko:

Yea, a little early for Rick to be calling anyone out, especially the best team in the country! Hey Rick, let's get your QB ready for the big time before you start running your mouth. Pete and the boys got to be laughing at that one :D

Well, USC is, after all, a college team and obviously have been beaten at least once every year but one during this impressive run they've had. That said, the prof is right here. F'ing awesome team year in and year out. It is really staggering actually how much more complete they often seem than other elite programs. Yes they can put up dud performances but they're easily the hardest team for opposing coaches to deal with.

Hell, say what you will about how bad Matt Cassell looks, but dude has a job in the NFL as a QB despite never having started a single game for USC as a QB (he did, it turns out, start one game at TE which I just now learned). When you've got guys getting drafted from your program (and landing roster spots) despite basically never playing at all, you're about as stacked as it gets.

I do think that USC is the only team in the country that would completely dominate the SEC if they played in it. With the exception of perhaps one game over the last 7 or so years, they're the only team in the country who could 100% beat any team in the country as long as they brought their A-game. Even if the other team did the same. Nobody else can come close to saying that. Even the Texas NC game was USC's to lose, so you can say that they only brought their A-game for the first 3.5 quarters.

Well, USC is, after all, a college team and obviously have been beaten at least once every year but one during this impressive run they've had. That said, the prof is right here. F'ing awesome team year in and year out. It is really staggering actually how much more complete they often seem than other elite programs. Yes they can put up dud performances but they're easily the hardest team for opposing coaches to deal with.

Hell, say what you will about how bad Matt Cassell looks, but dude has a job in the NFL as a QB despite never having started a single game for USC as a QB (he did, it turns out, start one game at TE which I just now learned). When you've got guys getting drafted from your program (and landing roster spots) despite basically never playing at all, you're about as stacked as it gets.

I do think that USC is the only team in the country that would completely dominate the SEC if they played in it. With the exception of perhaps one game over the last 7 or so years, they're the only team in the country who could 100% beat any team in the country as long as they brought their A-game. Even if the other team did the same. Nobody else can come close to saying that. Even the Texas NC game was USC's to lose, so you can say that they only brought their A-game for the first 3.5 quarters.

Great post. Spot on.

NOBODY would dominate the SEC. It isn't possible.

USC cheats and pays players, shame on the NCAA for letting them get away with it.

NOBODY would dominate the SEC. It isn't possible.

USC cheats and pays players, shame on the NCAA for letting them get away with it.

I hear you. What with all the class-attending student athletes and choir boys that make up the rosters of all the other major NCAA programs, USC makes me sick.

I hear you. What with all the class-attending student athletes and choir boys that make up the rosters of all the other major NCAA programs, USC makes me sick.

At least the others try to hide it. USC has gotten caught with their pants down numerous times during the Pete Carroll era and haven't even lost a single scholarship. Any other program in the country would have been placed on probation for the Reggie Bush thing alone, not to mention the several other incidents in recent memory.

At least the others try to hide it. USC has gotten caught with their pants down numerous times during the Pete Carroll era and haven't even lost a single scholarship. Any other program in the country would have been placed on probation for the Reggie Bush thing alone, not to mention the several other incidents in recent memory.

For the record, if it seems like I'm on USC's jock, it's just because I'm awed by how f'ing good that program has been. I'm actually from Nor Cal so it is in my blood to hate all things LA. Mind you, being on the east coast now for the last 6 years, such distinctions have begun to blur.

If it was up to me, they would just completely dispense with the whole BS about student athletes and just make D-1 football a college sponsored minor league for the pros. I mean, let's call it what it is. And, again, I'm an SEC guy now and am completely aware that one of the main reasons why our conference is hands down the strongest is that basically all the schools in the league don't give a damned about academics when it comes to it's football teams.

If I was really into watching students play ball, I'd watch D-II

I dunno, ever heard of OJ Mayo?? If ANY other school in the country had those two incidents alone, they wouldn't be allowed to play in the post season and would have scholarships revoked, at worst. I dunno, I don't have time to go down the laundry list, but type usc and cheating into a google search and see how many scandals they have managed to brush under the carpet. It is absolutely amazing. As a UW fan, I wouldn't think you would be so quick to dismiss the allegations, especially since your school's football program was sent six feet under for far lesser crimes, which was the main reason that this USC dominance started anyhow.

I dunno, ever heard of OJ Mayo?? If ANY other school in the country had those two incidents alone, they wouldn't be allowed to play in the post season and would have scholarships revoked, at worst. I dunno, I don't have time to go down the laundry list, but type usc and cheating into a google search and see how many scandals they have managed to brush under the carpet. It is absolutely amazing. As a UW fan, I wouldn't think you would be so quick to dismiss the allegations, especially since your school's football program was sent six feet under for far lesser crimes, which was the main reason that this USC dominance started anyhow.

I'm a little out of touch with thier basketball program but I think I recall Carmelo Anthony giving Mayo a couple tickets to a Laker game or something last year. Can't see how that is "cheating". But again the Huskies got sanctioned because Billy Joe Hobert and Mark Brunell were given cheeseburgers at the turn while they were playing golf in Seattle? It's really hard as a Husky fan to see what the sanctions and then "Slick" Rick's indescretions did to our program.

I'm a little out of touch with thier basketball program but I think I recall Carmelo Anthony giving Mayo a couple tickets to a Laker game or something last year. Can't see how that is "cheating". But again the Huskies got sanctioned because Billy Joe Hobert and Mark Brunell were given cheeseburgers at the turn while they were playing golf in Seattle? It's really hard as a Husky fan to see what the sanctions and then "Slick" Rick's indescretions did to our program.

Well Mayo got a lot more than Laker tickets and Billy Joe got more than cheeseburgers, but, yeah.