[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UCLA / TENN

BS Miscreant

Man, talk about a let down after a great 4th quarter.

OT

UCLA no yards but kick a 42 yard FG.

TENN then turns around, also fails to get a first down and misses a FG.

Still a fun game though. I love college football.

Impressive performance by the UCLA defense and what a turn around in the 2nd half by the 3rd string QB! Great decision by Rick to not yank him after his dismal performance in the 1st half. Great win for the Bruins and a great start for Neuheisel. And to think that UCLA's DC was hours from joining Ty at UW :wacko:

Congrats to the Bruins, good win.

On UT's side, that was some of the worst offensive play calling I have seen. The strength of the offense is the run, I understand you have to balance the play calling, but damn. They took the ball out of the hands of their best players and let their QB piss that one away. Not to mention, by passing so much they extended the game. UT should have neen pounding the ball down the field.

Secondly, the D coordinator did nothing to adjust for the gaping holes that were in the middle of the secondary for the 7 to 10 yard pass plays. He should have dropped a line backer into coverage, much like they did in the first #tr. Chow saw the short middle pass was open and exploited the hell out of it. Also, what was up with the cushions the corners were giving the receivers?

All in all, UCLA won that game with grit, determination and better coaching. Good job Bruins.

Man, talk about a let down after a great 4th quarter.

OT

UCLA no yards but kick a 42 yard FG.

TENN then turns around, also fails to get a first down and misses a FG.

Still a fun game though. I love college football.

I watched little to no college football the last couple years........Seein the games on HD and this one last night has fired me up for it :wacko:

UCLA wins. Like I always say... nothing good ever comes from playing on the West Coast.

dat's right................ althought I don't know how much of an issue a week 1 5pm PST start in LA is...........

can't wait for USC/OSU and ASU/UGA in 3 weeks-

Pac 10 setting up for a nice run this year - Cal takes out MSU, USC looked damn inpressive vs UVA, Sanchez looked legit and if he blows up this year they may just run the table...........

Congrats to the Bruins, good win.

On UT's side, that was some of the worst offensive play calling I have seen. The strength of the offense is the run, I understand you have to balance the play calling, but damn. They took the ball out of the hands of their best players and let their QB piss that one away. Not to mention, by passing so much they extended the game. UT should have neen pounding the ball down the field.

Secondly, the D coordinator did nothing to adjust for the gaping holes that were in the middle of the secondary for the 7 to 10 yard pass plays. He should have dropped a line backer into coverage, much like they did in the first #tr. Chow saw the short middle pass was open and exploited the hell out of it. Also, what was up with the cushions the corners were giving the receivers?

All in all, UCLA won that game with grit, determination and better coaching. Good job Bruins.

The bolded part means that you simply have not watched very much UT football. F'ing idiots either go into a shell when they need to open it up or get cute when they need to pound the rock. Every single freaking time. I am so tired of Fulmer and am absolutely certain that the Vols will continue to piss away good recruiting classes until they've pissed so many away that they simply don't get the talent any more. As long other SEC schools continue to lure great recruiters and or coaches and UT continues to reward Fulmer on what was admittedly a fine coaching job (but also a ton of luck) in winning it all in 98, us Vols fans had better get comfy with 7-5s and 8-4s, 'cause that's about as good as it's going to get.

dat's right................ althought I don't know how much of an issue a week 1 5pm PST start in LA is...........

can't wait for USC/OSU and ASU/UGA in 3 weeks-

Pac 10 setting up for a nice run this year - Cal takes out MSU, USC looked damn inpressive vs UVA, Sanchez looked legit and if he blows up this year they may just run the table...........

Don't forget that SC plays 9 PAC-10 teams. Based on previous years don't plan on them running the table. :wacko:

UTenn needs to relize that Fullmer is probably amonst the worst coaches in the SEC, they should go out and get themselves a "name" HC, if they want to keep up with the conference. This guy has not done much of anything since winning a Championship in '96, and they're starting to fall behind in recruiting