[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question for DMD

T-Scorp

Just wondering how much you would change the defense rankings if you were using PHSS? Teams like MN and Chicago score d/st points in a standard system but will give up yards and points thus potentially lowering their weekly score dramatically.

Any thoughts?

Just wondering how much you would change the defense rankings if you were using PHSS? Teams like MN and Chicago score d/st points in a standard system but will give up yards and points thus potentially lowering their weekly score dramatically.

Any thoughts?

Would be interesting to see... that scoring system really changes how high team D's score and get rated. We use it in a BOTH league... AGS, Any Given Sunday.

I like it alot as it makes owners respect the position. Before you have owners not even worry about picking a defense up on a bye. If you are going to have a spot for defense might as well make it count. Otherwise just add a flex postion and get rid of the ST/D all together.

I know a lot of legues that just modify it (we did),the owners in my auction league weren't real warm on it at first but now they like it. typical defense will cost about 4% to 8% of cap. There is a big difference between top and bottom. Even in 10 team leagues. (which typically would use around 20 defenses because of byes)

Only about 5 team D's had positive points last year in AGS. The rest were negative scoring. Team D's start to go around the 5th round in a 2 keeper redraft format. Yes, it's that important. I've see numbers go as high as -35 points... in ONE game!

We did expand the roster so that no team could could just take a zero for a team D... start a bye week D, and you automatically get the worst performing D in the NFL that week. For the most part, most owners like it... a few do not. I think it adds some complexity to the draft, and makes mid round pick values go up. It is a VERY differemt system, that's for sure.