[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Annual NFL Predictions

Menudo

O.k. As in previous years, I have gone through the NFL schedule picking each game, and trying not to think about a team's record as I do it, just going with my picks week to week and then adding it all up. As usual, not everyone will agree with these, and most homers will think I didn't give their team enough wins. Also, some will think I was too safe, and some will think I'm nuts. Not to worry, I've never been 100% accurate on these :wacko:

Anyway, here we go:

NFC East

1. Dallas Cowboys (12-4) Division Winner #1 Seed

2. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7) Wildcard #5 Seed

3. Washington Redskins (9-7)

4. New York Giants (8-8)

NFC North

1. Minnesota Vikings (12-4) Division Winner # 3 Seed

2. Green Bay Packers (9-7) Wildcard #6 Seed

3. Detroit Lions (7-9)

4. Chicago Bears (6-10)

NFC South

1. New Orleans Saints (12-4) Division Winner #2 Seed

2. Carolina Panthers (8-8)

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)

4. Atlanta Falcons (5-11)

NFC West

1. Seattle Seahawks (10-6) Division Winner # 4 Seed

2. Arizona Cardinals (7-9)

3. St. Louis Rams (6-10)

4. San Francisco 49'ers (4-12)

AFC East

1. New England Patriots (13-3) Division Winner #1 Seed

2. New York Jets (10-6) Wildcard #6 Seed

3. Buffalo Bills (6-10)

4. Miami Dophins (4-12)

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7) Division Winner #4 Seed

2. Cleveland Browns (7-9)

3. Cincinnati Bengals (7-9)

4. Baltimore Ravens (4-12)

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts (12-4) Division Winner #3 Seed

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5) Wildcard #5 Seed

3. Houston Texans (7-9)

4. Tennessee Titans (5-11)

AFC West

1. San Diego Chargers (13-3) Division Winner #2 Seed

2. Denver Broncos (8-8)

3. Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)

4. Oakland Raiders (3-13)

Wildcard Playoffs

#3 Minnesota Vikings over #6 Green Bay Packers

#5 Philadelphia Eagles over #4 Seattle Seahawks

#3 Indianapolis Colts over #6 New York Jets

#5 Jacksonville Jaguas over #4 Pittsburgh Steelers

Divisional Playoffs

#1 Dallas Cowboys over #5 Philadelphia Eagles

#3 Minnesota Vikings over #2 New Orleans Saints

#5 Jacksonville Jaguars over #1 New England Patriots

#2 San Diego Chargers over #3 Indianapolis Colts

Championship Games

#1 Dallas Cowboys over #3 Minnesota Vikings

#2 San Diego Chargers over #5 Jacksonville Jaguars

Super Bowl

Dallas Cowboys 38

San Diego Chargers 34

.........and there you have it.

Edited by Menudo

Three teams jump out... Vikings way too hig, same for Redskins, and Giants way too low. The rest looks reasonable on first glance.

Honest question - why does anyone seem to think that the Giants will be much better than a .500 team next year? This was a 10-6 team last year that has gotten significantly worse on the defensive side of the ball since last year with the losses of Strahan and Osi. Yeah - they won the SB, but that was due more to them hitting their stride at the right time and, frankly, more than a little bit of luck. Not trying to rain on any parades, but I just don't see them doing much better than 8-8 or 9-7.

Honest question - why does anyone seem to think that the Giants will be much better than a .500 team next year? This was a 10-6 team last year that has gotten significantly worse on the defensive side of the ball since last year with the losses of Strahan and Osi. Yeah - they won the SB, but that was due more to them hitting their stride at the right time and, frankly, more than a little bit of luck. Not trying to rain on any parades, but I just don't see them doing much better than 8-8 or 9-7.

Well, maybe way to low was an over statement, but I see them with 10 wins. I think the Skins are in for a dreadful year. Frankly, Strahan was over rated, and the Giants seem to have plugged the DE hole problem reasonably well. I see Eli also getting better. I think Philly will have some trouble beating the G men.

Frankly, Strahan was over rated,

Ask John Runyan if he thinks Strahan was overrated. Strahan was still a top 10 DE last year when you consider how good he was at stopping the run and rushing the passer. With Osi gone for the season as well the Giants greatest strength from last year isn't a strength at all anymore. I agree that they will be lucky to go .500 this year.

I think you're over estimating the Bengals as well. They will be lucky to win 5 games, IMHO. Just another pessimistic Bengals fan here.

Dude what you been smoking! First off, of course the Steelers win their div. Who woulda thought? But if Pitt has the #4 seed and they are playing at home against the Jags my money is on the Steelers to win it! Second no friken way KC wins more games then the Raiders, were still kinda bad but not that bad! At least we got a pretty good defense this year and a easy schedule. And thirdly no way SD makes it to the big game! They are choke artists, we all know that! Menudo there is always time to make some changes :wacko:

The Giants are better offensively this year than last year (I guarantee it). Their D Line took a high hit but Tuck and Kewanuka are going to be just fine we also signed McDougle (Unproven because of injuries). I think our D-line is still one to be feared.

10-6 season, making it to playoffs.

The Giants are better offensively this year than last year (I guarantee it). Their D Line took a high hit but Tuck and Kewanuka are going to be just fine we also signed McDougle (Unproven because of injuries). I think our D-line is still one to be feared.

10-6 season, making it to playoffs.

who steps in and takes the snaps that Tuck and Kewanuka took last year?

Only way offense is better is if Eli stops throwing INTs - it's not like he's going to magically turn into Peyton, so what he needs to do is reduce the number of stupid throws he makes (he still makes a ton and got somewhat lucky that more weren't picked in the playoffs last year). Otherwise, this is the same team as last year with Burress' foot still a potential issue.

1. Minnesota Vikings (12-4) Division Winner # 3 Seed

2. Green Bay Packers (9-7) Wildcard #6 Seed

Wildcard Playoffs

#3 Minnesota Vikings over #6 Green Bay Packers

#5 Philadelphia Eagles over #4 Seattle Seahawks

#3 Indianapolis Colts over #6 New York Jets

:wacko: Doesn't a team need a QB to be 12-4?

At least we'd get the 2nd round pick(if the Jets make the playoffs). I think Favre will develop a nice chemsitry with Cotchery, Keller the RB's and maybe even Coles.

I see a lot of RB screens this season.

Edited by Randall

:wacko: Doesn't a team need a QB to be 12-4?

At least we'd get the 2nd round pick(if the Jets make the playoffs). I think Favre will develop a nice chemsitry with Cotchery, Keller the RB's and maybe even Coles.

I see a lot of RB screens this season.

not according to the ravens when they won the SB

I think 12-4 is a little optimistic for the Vikings especially with McKinney being gone for the first 4 games. (then needing to get back into game shape after that.) I agree with Randall (I can't believe I just typed that) we need T-Jax to step up to get to 12-4!

"2. Green Bay Packers (9-7) Wildcard #6 Seed"

Though obviously you feel you don't need a QB to be 9-7 :wacko:

First off, of course the Steelers win their div. Who woulda thought? But if Pitt has the #4 seed and they are playing at home against the Jags my money is on the Steelers to win it! :wacko:

Did you make the same bet last year when the Jags beat the Steelers in Pitt? If so you lost some coin on that one. The Jags are simply more physical than the Steelers are nowadays. If the two face each other in the playoffs again I see the same outcome as last year regardless of where the game is played.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Did you make the same bet last year when the Jags beat the Steelers in Pitt? If so you lost some coin on that one. The Jags are simply more physical than the Steelers are nowadays. If the two face each other in the playoffs again I see the same outcome as last year regardless of where the game is played.

It will be interesting to see...hope they play it again.

I think 12-4 is a little optimistic for the Vikings especially with McKinney being gone for the first 4 games. (then needing to get back into game shape after that.) I agree with Randall (I can't believe I just typed that) we need T-Jax to step up to get to 12-4!

"2. Green Bay Packers (9-7) Wildcard #6 Seed"

Though obviously you feel you don't need a QB to be 9-7 :wacko:

I can see the playoffs and maybe winning the division but 12-4 seems a bit too much.

who steps in and takes the snaps that Tuck and Kewanuka took last year?

Only way offense is better is if Eli stops throwing INTs - it's not like he's going to magically turn into Peyton so what he needs to do is reduce the number of stupid throws he makes (he still makes a ton and got somewhat lucky that more weren't picked in the playoffs last year). Otherwise, this is the same team as last year with Burress' foot still a potential issue.

dude this team is waaay better than last year...especially the defence. Tuck, Kiwanuka, Tollefson, McDougle, Wynn, Robbins, Colefield, Alford make up what is still one of the leagues best D lines. Kiwi moving to the line actually made the D faster by getting WIlkenson in there fulltime...and while Kenny Phillips isnt starting at the moment its just a matter of time, the dude hits like a fricking truck. Butler, Johnson, Phillips, Knight, Ross, Webster, Dockery, McQuarters, Madison, Thomas round out the improved secondary. if there is one place that worries me, its the LB's and thats only because of depth reasons. You can get off Eli's Jock as well...he will never put up "Colts" type numbers...his super bowl line is what you can expect from him...200 yds 2tds 1int. Ill take that any day of the week...

The Giants should be in the running for the wild card again...but this last place in the east crap is funny. Ill be surprised if they finish worse than 9-7

Few things jump out:

:D @ the Bears winning 6 games. :D

:wacko: They go 4-2 inside the division. Have you looked at their sched? THey have 2 stretches of 3 straight home games, including one that is broken with a bye, so they don't leave ChiTown for a month at one point.

8-8, with a push for the division.

:wacko: They go 4-2 inside the division. Have you looked at their sched? THey have 2 stretches of 3 straight home games, including one that is broken with a bye, so they don't leave ChiTown for a month at one point.

8-8, with a push for the division.

Did they move divisions? Last I remember Lions swept em last year, unless you're saying they sweep the Vikings and the Packers.