[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Annual NFL Predictions

Menudo

dude this team is waaay better than last year...especially the defence. Tuck, Kiwanuka, Tollefson, McDougle, Wynn, Robbins, Colefield, Alford make up what is still one of the leagues best D lines. Kiwi moving to the line actually made the D faster by getting WIlkenson in there fulltime...and while Kenny Phillips isnt starting at the moment its just a matter of time, the dude hits like a fricking truck. Butler, Johnson, Phillips, Knight, Ross, Webster, Dockery, McQuarters, Madison, Thomas round out the improved secondary. if there is one place that worries me, its the LB's and thats only because of depth reasons. You can get off Eli's Jock as well...he will never put up "Colts" type numbers...his super bowl line is what you can expect from him...200 yds 2tds 1int. Ill take that any day of the week...

The Giants should be in the running for the wild card again...but this last place in the east crap is funny. Ill be surprised if they finish worse than 9-7

Word - a team that loses almost 30 sacks from the previous year and does little to replace them screams "better than last year" to me.

Not sure what you were reading but I have never been on, about or anywhere Eli Manning's jock - not a fan of the guy.

Word - a team that loses almost 30 sacks from the previous year and does little to replace them screams "better than last year" to me.

Not sure what you were reading but I have never been on, about or anywhere Eli Manning's jock - not a fan of the guy.

Strahan had 9 sacks and Osi had 13....Kiwi had 4.5 in 10 games from Strong Side LB position and Tuck had 10 in a back up role.

and you were steping on Eli's peepee beating him down like that...thus the get off his jock comment

Strahan had 9 sacks and Osi had 13....Kiwi had 4.5 in 10 games from Strong Side LB position and Tuck had 10 in a back up role.

and you were steping on Eli's peepee beating him down like that...thus the get off his jock comment

I understand wanting to be positive and upbeat about what is obviously your home team, but losing 25+ sacks (I was including Mitchell when I said almost 30) is something to worry about from where I sit (which is in NY, so it's not like I have no idea what I'm talking about here). Yes - the Giants have young guys who they hope can step up but, like I said before, who steps up and plays the roles that Kiwi and Tuck played last year? I have no doubt in my mind that Tuck will be great - but will he be as good as Osi has been? Even so, where do the 10 sacks that Tuck was providing in a support role come from? It's not like Tuck will be making up for both Osi and himself by piling up 23 sacks . . . and I haven't even touched on Strahan.

When you say that someone is on someone else's jock, it generally means that they like them - not that they're stepping on their peepee.

Someone told me that now, Tuck is going to get the double teams.

Someone also told me Strahan and Osi took pressure off of him last year.

Take it for what it's worth.

:wacko: Doesn't a team need a QB to be 12-4?

At least we'd get the 2nd round pick(if the Jets make the playoffs). I think Favre will develop a nice chemsitry with Cotchery, Keller the RB's and maybe even Coles.

I see a lot of RB screens this season.

Jackson will outperform his expectations. (I hope.)

Chefs at 7-9 was a big stretch IMO. In fact, switch Oakland and KC around, although I see Oakland at 6-10 and KC at 4-12. I thought the Steelers would either finish 8-8 or 9-7, but in that division this year, 8-8 could very well win it.

I see one of the Giants and Eagles being 10-6, with the other at 9-7, both wild cards. Skins are gonna suck.

I see NO at 11-5, but still winning their division.

I really don't see how the Jags will upend the Pats in the playoffs, unless Harvey and Groves become monsters, then it's possible.

Don't see Rivers as a SB QB yet. Of course, most people said the same about Eli last year so ya never know.Let's cut to the chase:

SB XLIII:

Cowboys(as much as I hate to say it) 31

Colts 24

With the exception of a couple glaring mistakes, and of course the playoffs, I thin k Menudo is just about spot on.

Edited by jaxfactor

• 1 month later...
O.k. As in previous years, I have gone through the NFL schedule picking each game, and trying not to think about a team's record as I do it, just going with my picks week to week and then adding it all up. As usual, not everyone will agree with these, and most homers will think I didn't give their team enough wins. Also, some will think I was too safe, and some will think I'm nuts. Not to worry, I've never been 100% accurate on these :D

Anyway, here we go:

NFC East

1. Dallas Cowboys (12-4) Division Winner #1 Seed

2. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7) Wildcard #5 Seed

3. Washington Redskins (9-7)

4. New York Giants (8-8)

NFC North

1. Minnesota Vikings (12-4) Division Winner # 3 Seed

2. Green Bay Packers (9-7) Wildcard #6 Seed

3. Detroit Lions (7-9)

4. Chicago Bears (6-10)

NFC South

1. New Orleans Saints (12-4) Division Winner #2 Seed

2. Carolina Panthers (8-8)

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)

4. Atlanta Falcons (5-11)

NFC West

1. Seattle Seahawks (10-6) Division Winner # 4 Seed

2. Arizona Cardinals (7-9)

3. St. Louis Rams (6-10)

4. San Francisco 49'ers (4-12)

AFC East

1. New England Patriots (13-3) Division Winner #1 Seed

2. New York Jets (10-6) Wildcard #6 Seed

3. Buffalo Bills (6-10)

4. Miami Dophins (4-12)

AFC North

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7) Division Winner #4 Seed

2. Cleveland Browns (7-9)

3. Cincinnati Bengals (7-9)

4. Baltimore Ravens (4-12)

AFC South

1. Indianapolis Colts (12-4) Division Winner #3 Seed

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (11-5) Wildcard #5 Seed

3. Houston Texans (7-9)

4. Tennessee Titans (5-11)

AFC West

1. San Diego Chargers (13-3) Division Winner #2 Seed

2. Denver Broncos (8-8)

3. Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)

4. Oakland Raiders (3-13)

Wildcard Playoffs

#3 Minnesota Vikings over #6 Green Bay Packers

#5 Philadelphia Eagles over #4 Seattle Seahawks

#3 Indianapolis Colts over #6 New York Jets

#5 Jacksonville Jaguas over #4 Pittsburgh Steelers

Divisional Playoffs

#1 Dallas Cowboys over #5 Philadelphia Eagles

#3 Minnesota Vikings over #2 New Orleans Saints

#5 Jacksonville Jaguars over #1 New England Patriots

#2 San Diego Chargers over #3 Indianapolis Colts

Championship Games

#1 Dallas Cowboys over #3 Minnesota Vikings

#2 San Diego Chargers over #5 Jacksonville Jaguars

Super Bowl

Dallas Cowboys 38

San Diego Chargers 34

.........and there you have it.

O.k. I suck at this.......... :wacko:

O.k. I suck at this.......... :wacko:
Don't beat yourself up too much about it. You and just about everyone else out there had similar predictions. At the beginning of the season I don't think too many people would have disagreed that much.

Did they move divisions? Last I remember Lions swept em last year, unless you're saying they sweep the Vikings and the Packers.

Oh I missed this when it was posted, but since you asked: 4-2 by virtue of sweeping the Lions and splitting home wins with the Vikes/Pack. I see no reason still why that won't happen.

I said 8-8 and a push for the division. So far, so good...